BISD vs CSISD

3,653 Views | 16 Replies | Last: 25 days ago by George Costanza
POSCAG
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
My family is considering moving from East Texas back to B/CS. When we lived there in the early 2000's we always "heard" that CS schools are much better than Bryan. I am guessing some things have changed in 20 years. Any experience or advice on which school district is better? We have two daughters, 5th and 8th grade next school year.
woodiewood
Go to the different websites that have information and school evaluations as everyone on here is going to have a different opinion.

ONe of the best persons to go to for honest opinions on any school is retired teachers or teachers that have left the profession.

doubledog
If I were forced to rank high schools in BCS Public

College Station Highschool > A&M Consolidated > Bryan High >> Rudder.

Bryan Collegiate is ranked high in Texas.

Private

St. Joseph ~ Allen

Others may have differing opinions.
Stupe
S
CSHS and Consol are the same academically.

Which one is better for a student depends on the interests of the student.
Koko Chingo
AG
Stupe said:

This has been my experience as well. One of the things Consol does very well is they seem to have a club or student organization for just about everyone. They do a great job of getting students to participate in something outside of the classroom (and not just athletics.).

I was surprised this year when Consol went o CHS to play soccer. Consol had easily 3X more people on thier side of the stadium versus CHS, the home team. Consol students from other sports and clubs packed the front. I didn't expect that for a soccer game. At a lot of schools that kind of things is reserved for just football.

TAMU1990
AG
Koko Chingo said:

Stupe said:

This has been my experience as well. One of the things Consol does very well is they seem to have a club or student organization for just about everyone. They do a great job of getting students to participate in something outside of the classroom (and not just athletics.).

I was surprised this year when Consol went o CHS to play soccer. Consol had easily 3X more people on thier side of the stadium versus CHS, the home team. Consol students from other sports and clubs packed the front. I didn't expect that for a soccer game. At a lot of schools that kind of things is reserved for just football.

Athletes at Consol do a good job supporting each other in all sports. Baseball supports all sports while they are not in season. They have an exceptionally large group for volleyball. I've seen lots of kids (football, baseball, volleyball) at baseball games.
camra
Both school districts are good and Bryan High has a great program called the International Baccalaureate program which is a rigorous academic experience.
Stupe
S
We go to events at both schools and the student support for non-football sports is generally the same at both schools. Sometimes there are a lot of them, sometimes a little, sometimes none. Most of the time it depends on what other activities are going on at that time.

What specialty programs (CTE) that are offered at each school is the biggest factor that differentiates the two high schools in CSISD and which one may better for a student

If you are looking at a CTE program that is only offered at one school, where you live won't matter. You just have to complete a transfer process.
If the student is enrolled in pre-college curriculums and that is the basis for their scheduling, you can flip a coin.

Anyone saying otherwise is just showing bias and it doesn't matter which high school in CSISD they are talking about.
Belton Ag
AG
POSCAG said:

My family is considering moving from East Texas back to B/CS. When we lived there in the early 2000's we always "heard" that CS schools are much better than Bryan. I am guessing some things have changed in 20 years. Any experience or advice on which school district is better? We have two daughters, 5th and 8th grade next school year.

I can't compare the two because I have no first hand experience with CSISD, but we are putting 2 through BISD now. Our oldest went through the Odyssey program and is now in the IB program at Bryan High, and the youngest is currently in Odyssey now. I've been very impressed with the care and the hands-on approach these teachers in these programs have taken to make sure our students are always on track. You can be sure that if your kids do want to achieve and apply themselves they will be taken care of at BISD. Like almost anything in life, you will get out of it what you put into it.
Koko Chingo
AG
I was surprised again last night. Consol boys held a playoff game at home last night (They won with 27 sec remaining in the game).

After the game when everyone is hanging around to greet the players after they grab their belongings from the locker room. A big group of CHS players was on the field to give our boys hugs and high fives.

I thought that was awesome and a great representation of our community.
skeetboy3
AG
A lot can happen in nearly 30 years. But what set CSISD apart when I was going through is the peer pressure was towards doing well in school rather than against it. Being a high achiever was a good thing and most of the popular kids were high achievers. There was never a question of are you going to college, it was where: I think that was a disservice for kids who would have excelled in trade school or the military, but it is great if your kid is on the college path.
Stupe
S
The goal is to get students read for any path.
College
Trade school
Military.

The only reason that a student isn't ready to succeed when they graduate from either high school is because they chose not to take advantage of what was offered.
TAMU1990
AG
Koko Chingo said:

I was surprised again last night. Consol boys held a playoff game at home last night (They won with 27 sec remaining in the game).

After the game when everyone is hanging around to greet the players after they grab their belongings from the locker room. A big group of CHS players was on the field to give our boys hugs and high fives.

I thought that was awesome and a great representation of our community.
Stupe
S
That happens a lot in the non-football sports. Most of the kids are involved in so many other activities that they all have close friends at both schools.

The only reason that it doesn't happen in football is that the teams are usually playing at the same time.

I know some players and families went to the last Consol playoff game last season after CSHS was eliminated the week prior.

Most of the Purple vs Maroon stuff is from parents.
Belton Ag
AG
A lot of those guys play little league and travel ball together. Softball and volleyball is similar. Football has that, but not even remotely close to the amount of time the other sports put into it.
BryanTexan
I have two students enrolled at Bryan High School and their experience has been outstanding. Both are enrolled in advanced academic programs and they are participating in multiple sports. I have complete confidence in their education as they prepare for college and beyond. We couldn't be happier with our decision to choose Bryan ISD.
George Costanza
A child gets out of any education what they and their parents put into it.

That being said, high expectations help a child put more into it.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.