Where to practice parallel parking in BCS
1,388 Views | 14 Replies
Maedan86
2:44p, 3/23/24
I've got a kid who's ready to take his driver license test, but needs to practice parallel parking.

Can anyone direct me to where there are some parallel parking spaces in BCS?

Many thanks!
doubledog
2:47p, 3/23/24
pick any quiet side street. Bring two traffic cones.
AggiePhil
2:54p, 3/23/24
There's always the parallel parking test zone at the DPS office. I know people use it a lot.
Stupe
5:39p, 3/23/24
The driving school that is at the corner of 29th and Briarcrest always has their test site set up.
Maedan86
5:48p, 3/23/24
Thanks all. We had tried the cones but they were too small and we couldn't see them
maroon barchetta
5:49p, 3/23/24
Took my son behind Mosher and Krueger dorms back when he was learning. Went when there weren't many vehicles parked there.
MiMi
7:23p, 3/23/24
In reply to Maedan86
Maedan86 said:

Thanks all. We had tried the cones but they were too small and we couldn't see them

You can put broomstick handles or PVC pipe on the cones to make them more visible.
91_Aggie
8:29p, 3/23/24
If doing test ar Bryan DPS you should practice there... pro tip, if your kids touches a curb with the wheel, you fail right then. I suggest you do it in Brenham
jac4
8:44p, 3/23/24
Taught my oldest son at Greens Point elementary in the drop off line on a weekend. We used lawn chairs to denote the parked cars.
TyHolden
9:22p, 3/23/24
in front of Texags next to Looch's Land Rover
maroon barchetta
10:00p, 3/23/24
In reply to jac4
jac4 said:

Taught my oldest son at Greens Point elementary in the drop off line on a weekend. We used lawn chairs to denote the parked cars.

Greens Point? The one in north Houston?
Smeghead4761
10:51p, 3/23/24
In reply to 91_Aggie
91_Aggie said:

If doing test ar Bryan DPS you should practice there... pro tip, if your kids touches a curb with the wheel, you fail right then. I suggest you do it in Brenham
Dang...when I took the test (not in Texas), you had to curb the front wheels like you were parking on a hill.
Tailgate88
6:00a, 3/24/24
Lots of people practice driving and parallel parking at CSHS. There used to be some cones in the parking lot on the band hall side of the school you could use to practice with.
jac4
7:55a, 3/24/24
In reply to maroon barchetta
maroon barchetta said:

jac4 said:

Greens Point? The one in north Houston?

Whoops, I meant Greens Prairie Elementary. SMH
Maedan86
9:34a, 3/24/24
Thanks again everyone for the replies. We did some practicing at the Bryan DPS. Like the lawn chair idea…will be doing that next. He is my last of 3 to get driving- our late surprise in our early 40's so it's been awhile since I've had to do this. We'll be going to either Brendan or Hempstead for the test.
CLOSE
Cancel
Copy Topic Link to Clipboard
Back
Copy
Page 1 of 1
Verify your student status Register
See Membership Benefits >
CLOSE
Night mode
Off
Auto-detect device settings