Fiduciary or Certified Financial Planner
1,428 Views | 7 Replies
milner79
4:05p, 4/10/24
Can you recommend someone in Bryan-College Station? TIA
TXCityGirl
4:07p, 4/10/24
Charlee Miller, Charlee S. Miller - Financial Advisor in College Station, TX 77845 | Merrill (ml.com)
She is sharp.
meinkee
5:57p, 4/11/24
Eric Wylie at Element
Monywolf
7:33a, 4/12/24
I second Charlee if you need comprehensive planning
Brian Alg
10:59a, 4/12/24
In reply to meinkee
Wylie appears to be a fee-only guy. That has some major advantages with respect to fiduciary stuff.

I pray people are aware of fees and loads and whatnot before they jump into investments. I can dig wanting someone who knows what they are doing to guide along through the process. But I worry people can get guided into investments by commission-based advisors that do not make sense for client but do make the firm/advisor more money than some of the low cost options available out there (e.g., Fidelity, Vanguard, etc. index funds).

https://www.sec.gov/investor/alerts/ib_fees_expenses.pdf
MyNameIsJeff
11:28a, 4/12/24
In reply to Brian Alg
Brian Alg said:

Wylie appears to be a fee-only guy. That has some major advantages with respect to fiduciary stuff.

I pray people are aware of fees and loads and whatnot before they jump into investments. I can dig wanting someone who knows what they are doing to guide along through the process. But I worry people can get guided into investments by commission-based advisors that do not make sense for client but do make the firm/advisor more money than some of the low cost options available out there (e.g., Fidelity, Vanguard, etc. index funds).

https://www.sec.gov/investor/alerts/ib_fees_expenses.pdf
This x100. A lot of the big name firms' top priority is having you purchase their products, which the agents get commission on. Their top priority is not your financial well-being. I'm not saying this is the case for anyone mentioned in this thread, but please do your research and understand the differences.
Monywolf
5:13p, 4/12/24
Transparency on fees is definitely important. So is the value being offered.
The Good Aggieboy19
5:34p, 4/12/24
Charlee Miller. 100%
CLOSE
Cancel
Copy Topic Link to Clipboard
Back
Copy
Page 1 of 1
Verify your student status Register
See Membership Benefits >
CLOSE