CS Woman endured chemo after terminal cancer diagnosis never had cancer

4,594 Views | 31 Replies | Last: 24 days ago by trouble
veritas47
How long do you want to ignore this user?
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-13287209/Mother-aggressive-chemo-didnt-cancer.html
LOYAL AG
AG
Something is missing here. She says a year later she has medical bills they're paying off. Why? This is an obvious lawsuit and I'd tell the hospital and doctors to pound sand til that settles. The story is awful but surely she has recourse other than just paying for this.
A fearful society is a compliant society. That's why Democrats and criminals prefer their victims to be unarmed. Gun Control is not about guns, it's about control.
MsDoubleD81
AG
Wow. Was it a local hospital?
maroon barchetta
MsDoubleD81 said:

Wow. Was it a local hospital?

It said she was sent to a cancer hospital. Sounded to me like she was diagnosed here and referred to a place like M.D. Anderson or one of the smaller cancer specialty hospitals.
MsDoubleD81
AG
Yes, but where was she diagnosed to begin with? Lots of failure all the way around. Doctors and hospitals get sued for much less. Hope this lady gets compensated.
AggiePhil
AG
Following...
doubledog
Always get a 2nd or even 3rd opinion on the big C.
Another Doug
AG
LOYAL AG said:

Something is missing here. She says a year later she has medical bills they're paying off. Why? This is an obvious lawsuit and I'd tell the hospital and doctors to pound sand til that settles. The story is awful but surely she has recourse other than just paying for this.
Odd that the first people reporting this is a UK tabloid a year after the fact, so not great reporting thus far. Maybe someone local can investigate. That being said, I could see this happening as stated.

1. Lab or practice messes up
2. because of the dire timeline you want to start treatment immediately and don't care about maxing out of pocket (assuming she had insurance through A&M)
3. Later tests reveals mess up and no one wants to take blame
4. Your insurance doesn't care much about getting your money back

But I agree, if they are sending bills, I would file them directly in the trash.
2wealfth Man
AG
Help me here. Cancer patients routinely get regular scans to determine how the course of their treatment is impacting the tumors.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
2wealfth Man said:

Help me here. Cancer patients routinely get regular scans to determine how the course of their treatment is impacting the tumors.

As someone with a deep history of family cancer this is totally true. Very odd.
maroon barchetta
2wealfth Man said:

The article made me think she wasn't all the way through her first course of treatment when they found out she never had cancer.

She wouldn't have been due for a scan yet in that case.
KidDoc
AG
The pathologist who made the error originally should be sued and his insurance will pay for the bills, lost work, and emotional trauma. Pretty clear cut medical error. The treating physician should also have some liability for not addressing the amended path report for a whole month.

(I'm a doc not a lawyer so may be wrong).
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
phillytex24
Why hasn't KBTX reported this story? Why does it take a tabloid from the UK to break it?
FlyRod
phillytex24 said:

Why hasn't KBTX reported this story? Why does it take a tabloid from the UK to break it?

Maybe because the tabloid in question isn't the most reliable, or reputable media source? And the word "tabloid" seems relevant here.
Another Doug
AG
Yeah not like The Mirror has a CS office. Lady or unknown news outlet posted story online, and the headline trended well so tabloids ran with it. It being in tabloid doesn't automatically make it not true, just means it hasn't really been reported on yet.
w8liftr
https://nypost.com/2024/04/09/lifestyle/mom-given-months-to-live-endures-aggressive-chemo-but-never-had-cancer-at-all/
histag10
AG
This is so sketchy. A few tabloids have picked up the story word for word from The Mirror. If you look her up, she works for the university but has almost removed everything from social media. You can barely find anything on her husband either, who owns a tow company.

Like, how does KBTX not follow up on this or interview them?
tu ag
AG
There is probably a lawsuit in the works or already filed. Lawyer probably told them to scrub social media.
histag10
AG
Maybe, but then why not take your story to a reputable news source? Or even local news. Why go to an overseas tabloid?
Another Doug
AG
histag10 said:

Maybe, but then why not take your story to a reputable news source? Or even local news. Why go to an overseas tabloid?
It could be she didn't go to the tabloid , the story was based on an unlisted youtube video. I imagine if there was some civil litigation they might not be talking. Or if there is not a clear entity to blame, it could be tricky to name names without repercussions.
histag10
AG
Hmm. Maybe. I didn't see anything about a YouTube video. If that's the case it also seems like irresponsible journalism (which isnt surprising for tabloids)
tu ag
AG
KBTX only reports on issues after posted here.
Give them a few days.
woodometer
AG
I believe that the Daily Mail pays for stories and I believe that this originated on her facebook page. If you notice on all of the photos they show copyright Kennedy News/Lisa Monk. Kennedy News is a story service that solicits stories to the outlets in the UK.
BCS-Ag
It was covered on WTAW yesterday, mentioned the go fund me but otherwise sounded like an incomplete story (no lawyer or hospitals mentioned). Now reading this thread it sounds even more sketchy. If this truly is real I feel for her, but they need some legal an PR help stat.
woodiewood
To me, any diagnosis of cancer or any other serious medical issue should be followed up with a second opinion from a third party. I have a friend who was told she had two skin cancer spot on her face due to long sun-exposure and the treatment was to cut them out. She went to Houston and had another biopsy of the two spots and there was no cancer.

EBrazosAg
AG
Something just doesn't add up here ….. this approach to the issue doesn't make sense for the patient……

College Station resident misdiagnosed with cancer shares experience and its effect on her family https://www.kbtx.com/2024/04/15/college-station-resident-misdiagnosed-with-cancer-shares-experience-its-effect-her-family/
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Aggie@state.gov
AG
good news - they are running a story tonite
tu ag
AG
Hornbeck
I saw where a bunch of the local news media got awards for journalism.

Where's the award for TexAgs?!?!
MsDoubleD81
AG
Thank God for the nurse practioner.
KidDoc
AG
Honestly I think the 2nd pathologist is a bit liable as well. When they amended the report and declared it non cancerous he should have contacted the treating team and let them know.
trouble
AG
Exactly. I don't see how they, in good faith, added it to the medical record but didn't pick up the phone.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.