Who to contact for ductwork?

614 Views | 3 Replies | Last: 11 days ago by AggieHandymanBlake
AggieCVQ
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I have reached out to 2 or 3 AC companies regarding this, but basically they've responded "there's nothing we can do" one company, CoverHVAC said,

"Cut an access hole in the upstairs ceiling and run a single large duct to branch off and feed the entire
upstairs area and improve air flow to all rooms. Duct will need to be boxed in afterwards, which will be the
responsibility of the customer"

And while I was appreciative of them giving an estimate I was not really looking for a 2 part job.

Debating on installing a ductless AC unit in that room as it gets VERY hot, but I want to fix the root issue rather than make a partial solution.
MyNameIsJeff
AG
Can you explain a little better the issue you're trying to resolve? It sounds like you have a room that doesn't get sufficient airflow and needs an additional duct run to it.

It sounds like it involves sheetrock/paint work, which will involve a second contractor.
AggieCVQ
Yeah sure. Thanks for replying.

I have a two story house.

First floor AC is solid.

Second floor has one room with good AC and another room (attached to the attic) that has virtually no air blowing out of ducts. It gets VERY, very hot in there. Basically, the way the ductwork was laid out when the house was built or when the AC was installed by the previous owner has made it difficult to deal with. They basically can't access the ductwork at all.
AggieHandymanBlake
AG
Howdy - on the AC work you might try calling James with Legacy HVAC- (979) 446-2525. On the Sheetrock repairs (assuming adding ducts is the right answer), I own Ace Handyman Services and we can fix that. (979) 464-5090
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.