Swings missing from Bee Creek Park!

1,522 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 16 days ago by Pantera
threecatcorner
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Where the heck are the swings at Bee Creek Park?

They have/had round flying-saucer style swings that weren't even messed up, and now they are gone. The rack they hang from is still there, but the swings are missing!
JMac03
AG
I noticed that on Tuesday! I don't normally walk that way, but was trying to get some exercise in while my kiddo was having practice. At first I was like what on earth was that, and then realized that swings probably used to be hanging there.
PS3D
Place your bets: miscreants and vandalism, renovations, or CoCS doing the "swingsets are grounds for a lawsuit, we can't have that?"
threecatcorner
I think the fear of being sued, fear of someone getting hurt is why there aren't very many swingsets in parks and none at schools (or at least not at any schools I've seen since I was a kid).

Since these are a different style and that same park has a zipline (or whatever kid equivalent of one), this is maybe different.

I don't think it could be vandalism because they seemed like they would've been very difficult to remove/steal.

I'm guessing either some type of renovations (in which case they should also repair the ground where actual cement is showing through in a few spots like at the end of one or the slides) or they've decided to completely get rid of swings in parks even though kids love them.
techno-ag
AG
threecatcorner said:

I think the fear of being sued, fear of someone getting hurt is why there aren't very many swingsets in parks and none at schools (or at least not at any schools I've seen since I was a kid).

Since these are a different style and that same park has a zipline (or whatever kid equivalent of one), this is maybe different.

I don't think it could be vandalism because they seemed like they would've been very difficult to remove/steal.

I'm guessing either some type of renovations (in which case they should also repair the ground where actual cement is showing through in a few spots like at the end of one or the slides) or they've decided to completely get rid of swings in parks even though kids love them.
Had to remove them for the children.
FlyRod
Maybe call the city to find out? If they're removing or repairing them they'll likely say so. If not you can assume it's something else…like aliens taking them for unusual spare parts.
Pantera
AG
FlyRod said:

Maybe call the city to find out? If they're removing or repairing them they'll likely say so. If not you can assume it's something else…like aliens taking them for unusual spare parts.

a quick google search and I found this ... I think you are on to something
Pantera
AG
We're getting an update on the news @ 10 on KBTX!
Pantera
AG
Pantera said:

We're getting an update on the news @ 10 on KBTX!

"Worn and broken parts" … That's what anyone would say if their swings were stolen by aliens.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.