What is this flag?
1,987 Views | 10 Replies
mhnatt
12:08p, 4/25/24
The new Southern Point (or I think they took a French or ballet slant and named it "pointe"??) in south College Station on HWY 6 (former speedway) replaced their huge Texas flag with some big red flag with, I think, a kids head silhouette looking down at empty hands. My wife and I think it's a St Jude logo maybe to celebrate kids cancer? If so, that's pretty cool but curious as to the story behind it.

Kbeauty63
12:13p, 4/25/24
In reply to mhnatt
mhnatt said:

The new Southern Point (or I think they took a French or ballet slant and named it "pointe"??) in south College Station on HWY 6 (former speedway) replaced their huge Texas flag with some big red flag with, I think, a kids head silhouette looking down at empty hands. My wife and I think it's a St Jude logo maybe to celebrate kids cancer? If so, that's pretty cool but curious as to the story behind it.

I think it's a St. Jude's flag - as the St. Jude's Dream House is in Southern Pointe this year
trouble
12:36p, 4/25/24
It's a St Jude's flag

https://www.kbtx.com/2024/04/25/massive-st-jude-flag-now-flying-entrance-southern-pointe-neighborhood/
TyHolden
1:29p, 4/25/24
I was curious about this as well
Buford T. Justice
4:43p, 4/25/24
Several years ago, I was contacted by a recruiter for a job, and as we got to know each other, he shared with me that the silhouette of the girl is that of his daughter. She is an adult now and married.
"Gimme a diablo sandwhich and a dr. pepper...to go"
Monywolf
5:53p, 4/25/24
In reply to Buford T. Justice
Buford T. Justice said:

Several years ago, I was contacted by a recruiter for a job, and as we got to know each other, he shared with me that the silhouette of the girl is that of his daughter. She is an adult now and married.
That's very cool. It's a great organization.
legalbird
7:18p, 4/25/24
Kudos to the builder, contractors, and suppliers that made the St Jude house a reality.
MoreCushing4thePushing
2:28p, 4/26/24
In reply to mhnatt
More importantly, what did you think it was before you found out?
TexAg1987
2:20p, 4/27/24
Parade of homes this weekend also.
mhnatt
9:57p, 4/27/24
In reply to MoreCushing4thePushing
MoreCushing4thePushing said:

More importantly, what did you think it was before you found out?

mhnatt said:

"…My wife and I think it's a St Jude logo maybe to celebrate kids cancer?"

MoreCushing4thePushing
10:00p, 4/27/24
In reply to mhnatt
One day I'm going to read someone's entire comment before I start running my mouth.

I think a wise person one said something about listening twice as much as you speak.
CLOSE
Cancel
Copy Topic Link to Clipboard
Back
Copy
Page 1 of 1
Verify your student status Register
See Membership Benefits >
CLOSE
Night mode
Off
Auto-detect device settings