Austin
Sponsored by

Soros Hack Garza is No Show to Travis County District Attorney Forum

5,488 Views | 89 Replies | Last: 12 days ago by txags92
cityagboy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
txags92 said:

cityagboy said:

txags92 said:

cityagboy said:

txags92 said:

cityagboy said:

txags92 said:

cityagboy said:

Call center response time is better, police response time is better. I personally have called 911 a twice in the last 3 months for weird random things and got through right away with police/ EMS showing up quickly

But yeah keep finding excuses to hate on y'all's favorite city.

You all know I'm not here to defend a single politician but the city is improving and it's not a hell hole like some of yall believe it is.
Dude, did you even read the article? It is not criticizing Austin so you can put your hackles down for a minute and try to have a rational discussion. It is saying that nationwide there is a divergence between what police report statistics are saying about crime and what people are saying when surveyed about whether they have been a victim of crime. In the past those measures have tracked each other fairly well, but not since Covid. It appears to be a wider divergence in larger cities and in places where DAs are prosecuting a lower percentage of reported crimes than they did before Covid. I didn't post it to "hate on Austin", but just to point out that celebrating small declines in reported crime may be unwise given that it may be the reports have gone down, but not the actual number of crimes.

From previous posts I think it's fair that I interpreted the tone how I did
It is not healthy for you to live your life angry at people you don't agree with. Rational discussion is possible if you let down your walls a little bit and listen to what people say instead of what you think they are saying. I know you think you are the voice of reason here, but that is not how you come across to others.

Woh. That's an overreaction. I am willing to have a conversation with anyone. Most of my family and friends are conservative with wildly different viewpoints than myself. I'm also not nearly as liberal as most here think I am.

I stand by that based on previous posts on this thread the tone I interpreted from that post was fair. Many come here to simply slam Austin and troll those who live in the city.
Got it. Would rather complain about other people tarring Austin as a hellhole than discuss mainstream media reports of nationwide trend of underreported crime stats.

Dude. You are trolling now. Looking at this thread and others I am clearly here for discussion, and yes, I will call out those who are simply here to trash austin.
Ok, so I posted a link to a WSJ article for discussion that doesn't trash Austin and I didn't trash Austin in my post. Yet all you want to do is complain about people trashing Austin instead of talking about the implications of the article relative to reports of crime decreasing locally.

Going in circles here. Due to previous posts including some of yours it was fair to Interrpret the tone the way I did.

I'm sure reporting isn't perfect. I believe the article. I assume it's never been perfect. I also assume it varies from crime to crime. I also assume small towns and large cities each have issues in reporting, although issues that are different

I have given personal examples of Austin police response and the call center improving on their response time. Although, even at the peak of the call response issues the large majority were still taken care of in an appropriate time.

You are focused on semantics to try and win an argument. Stop acting like I threw a temper tantrum
txags92
AG
cityagboy said:

txags92 said:

cityagboy said:

txags92 said:

cityagboy said:

txags92 said:

cityagboy said:

txags92 said:

cityagboy said:

Call center response time is better, police response time is better. I personally have called 911 a twice in the last 3 months for weird random things and got through right away with police/ EMS showing up quickly

You all know I'm not here to defend a single politician but the city is improving and it's not a hell hole like some of yall believe it is.
Dude, did you even read the article? It is not criticizing Austin so you can put your hackles down for a minute and try to have a rational discussion. It is saying that nationwide there is a divergence between what police report statistics are saying about crime and what people are saying when surveyed about whether they have been a victim of crime. In the past those measures have tracked each other fairly well, but not since Covid. It appears to be a wider divergence in larger cities and in places where DAs are prosecuting a lower percentage of reported crimes than they did before Covid. I didn't post it to "hate on Austin", but just to point out that celebrating small declines in reported crime may be unwise given that it may be the reports have gone down, but not the actual number of crimes.

It is not healthy for you to live your life angry at people you don't agree with. Rational discussion is possible if you let down your walls a little bit and listen to what people say instead of what you think they are saying. I know you think you are the voice of reason here, but that is not how you come across to others.

Woh. That's an overreaction. I am willing to have a conversation with anyone. Most of my family and friends are conservative with wildly different viewpoints than myself. I'm also not nearly as liberal as most here think I am.

I stand by that based on previous posts on this thread the tone I interpreted from that post was fair. Many come here to simply slam Austin and troll those who live in the city.
Got it. Would rather complain about other people tarring Austin as a hellhole than discuss mainstream media reports of nationwide trend of underreported crime stats.

Dude. You are trolling now. Looking at this thread and others I am clearly here for discussion, and yes, I will call out those who are simply here to trash austin.
Ok, so I posted a link to a WSJ article for discussion that doesn't trash Austin and I didn't trash Austin in my post. Yet all you want to do is complain about people trashing Austin instead of talking about the implications of the article relative to reports of crime decreasing locally.

Going in circles here. Due to previous posts including some of yours it was fair to Interrpret the tone the way I did.

I'm sure reporting isn't perfect. I believe the article. I assume it's never been perfect. I also assume it varies from crime to crime. I also assume small towns and large cities each have issues in reporting, although issues that are different

I have given personal examples of Austin police response and the call center improving on their response time. Although, even at the peak of the call response issues the large majority were still taken care of in an appropriate time.

You are focused on semantics to try and win an argument
What argument am I trying to win? I am not arguing semantics on anything. You posted an article saying crimes were going down since 2020, and I posted an article using FBI and national crime survey stats to show that the police reported stats nationwide are not tracking with the survey reported numbers since 2020, and particularly in large cities where prosecution rates have gone down. I am not trying to insinuate anything or tar Austin with anything. It is a nationwide issue that seems to have its roots in declining prosecution rates and would suggest that caution in trusting police reported crime stats as representative of the whole picture.

Yes, I am sure it varies by crime and the article gets into the variations between large and small cities. Your stats on call center response times are for sure a positive development and I know Austin has been bringing in a lot of new technology and ideas to try to improve their ability to more quickly route 911 calls, so hopefully that response will continue to improve.
cityagboy
AG
txags92 said:

cityagboy said:

txags92 said:

cityagboy said:

txags92 said:

cityagboy said:

txags92 said:

cityagboy said:

txags92 said:

cityagboy said:

You are focused on semantics to try and win an argument
What argument am I trying to win? I am not arguing semantics on anything. You posted an article saying crimes were going down since 2020, and I posted an article using FBI and national crime survey stats to show that the police reported stats nationwide are not tracking with the survey reported numbers since 2020, and particularly in large cities where prosecution rates have gone down. I am not trying to insinuate anything or tar Austin with anything. It is a nationwide issue that seems to have its roots in declining prosecution rates and would suggest that caution in trusting police reported crime stats as representative of the whole picture.

Yes, I am sure it varies by crime and the article gets into the variations between large and small cities. Your stats on call center response times are for sure a positive development and I know Austin has been bringing in a lot of new technology and ideas to try to improve their ability to more quickly route 911 calls, so hopefully that response will continue to improve.

You were trying to pick an argument out of nothing. Instigating. Call it ad-hominem. I don't necessarily disagree with you on much with these recent posts.
txags92
AG
Anything of that sort was purely reactionary to your initial response to my post of the article. My responses were directed at your responses, not Austin.
cityagboy
AG
txags92 said:

Anything of that sort was purely reactionary to your initial response to my post of the article. My responses were directed at your responses, not Austin.

Yeah. I misinterpreted your initial response to me. My bad. I admitted that…. but it was fair considering previous posts on this thread and this board in general.

After that you were simply using ad-hominem tactics to win some fake battle.
Martin Cash
AG
Meanwhile, chicken$#!+ Garza has decided to not prosecute any of the protestors arrested for criminal trespass on tu campus, calling for Death to America and Death to Israel.

But, hey! I'm not hating on Austin! Just the people who voted for this imbecile.
txags92
AG
Martin Cash said:

Meanwhile, chicken$#!+ Garza has decided to not prosecute any of the protestors arrested for criminal trespass on tu campus, calling for Death to America and Death to Israel.

But, hey! I'm not hating on Austin! Just the people who voted for this imbecile.
I'm shocked.
Martin Cash
AG
txags92 said:

Martin Cash said:

I'm shocked.
Actually, I was wrong. It wasn't Garza but his protegee, Delia Garza. Opposite side of same coin.
txags92
AG
Martin Cash said:

txags92 said:

Martin Cash said:

I'm shocked.
Actually, I was wrong. It wasn't Garza but his protegee, Delia Garza. Opposite side of same coin.
Still absolutely shocked (not). There was never any chance left-wing protestors would be charged with a crime in Austin, regardless of what they did.
cityagboy
AG
txags92 said:

Martin Cash said:

I'm shocked.

I don't think they said death to America. At least not as a group. Maybe an individual did. I have watched a lot of video on it and didn't see that. If you have video of that please share it with me.

I get that the school is allowed to have the students moved but it is absolute antithetical of what a university should do to their students. It is a public university, they should promote free thinking even if many disagree with it. Bringing DPS in is wild. The group was peaceful and even had planned "study breaks" throughout the day. The cops showed up, DPS showed up, they had AR15s and horses and things escalated.

No one was pro Hamas. No one was antisemitism. They were just anti what is happening to Palestine. They are petitioning the University for change of policy in regards to their ties to Israel.

I do not support everything the group stands for but let's also be realistic about what happened
Martin Cash
AG
cityagboy said:

No one was pro Hamas. No one was antisemitism. They were just anti what is happening to Palestine. They are petitioning the University for change of policy in regards to their ties to Israel.

I do not support everything the group stands for but let's also be realistic about what happened

How can you be anti what is happening to something that doesn't exist?

They were told numerous times to disperse. There are designated places and procedures for protesting. Their protest was illegal. They refused to move, so they should have been charged with criminal trespass. If you believe these were all students, you are extremely naive.
cityagboy
AG
Martin Cash said:

cityagboy said:

They were told numerous times to disperse. There are designated places and procedures for protesting. Their protest was illegal. They refused to move, so they should have been charged with criminal trespass. If you believe these were all students, you are extremely naive.

Do you not think Palestine is being bombed and dealing with massive food and healthcare shortages?

I'm sure they weren't all students but yes I believe they were mostly students

And again! Am not pro Hamas. I am not pro Palestine. I do not agree with everything this group stands for.

I will also restate this "" I get that the school is allowed to have the students moved but it is absolute antithetical of what a university should do to their students. It is a public university, they should promote free thinking even if many disagree with it.""
Martin Cash
AG
cityagboy said:

Martin Cash said:

cityagboy said:

Do you not think Palestine is being bombed and dealing with massive food and healthcare shortages?

And again! Am not pro Hamas. I am not pro Palestine. I do not agree with everything this group stands for.

I will also restate this "" I get that the school is allowed to have the students moved but it is absolute antithetical of what a university should do to their students. It is a public university, they should promote free thinking even if many disagree with it.""
The point is that there is no such thing as "Palestine." Never has been.
cityagboy
AG
Martin Cash said:

cityagboy said:

Martin Cash said:

cityagboy said:

Ok. The bombings are real. The famine is real. The healthcare shortcomings are real. Call the Gaza Strip/ Palestine whatever you want. I'm not pro Palestine so I don't care
txags92
AG
cityagboy said:

Martin Cash said:

cityagboy said:

Martin Cash said:

cityagboy said:

Ok. The bombings are real. The famine is real. The healthcare shortcomings are real. Call the Gaza Strip/ Palestine whatever you want. I'm not pro Palestine so I don't care

The solution to all of those problems is very simple and is one that the "palestinians" won't accept…agree to live in peace alongside the jews. All of those problems you cited are occurring because Hamas decided to rape, torture, kidnap, and kill over a thousand jews. If they want the bombings, the famine, the hospital attacks, etc to end, all they have to do is release the remaining hostages they havent raped or tortured to death, lay down their arms, and accept the right of israel to exist.

Nothing these students are campaigning for will do anything except lead to more dead israelis and more bombing of gaza and by extension more dead palestinians. The end of the cycle of death starts and ends with the end of hamas. Anything else is just prolonging the suffering for everybody.
cityagboy
AG
txags92 said:

cityagboy said:

Martin Cash said:

cityagboy said:

Martin Cash said:

cityagboy said:

The solution to all of those problems is very simple and is one that the "palestinians" won't accept…agree to live in peace alongside the jews. All of those problems you cited are occurring because Hamas decided to rape, torture, kidnap, and kill over a thousand jews. If they want the bombings, the famine, the hospital attacks, etc to end, all they have to do is release the remaining hostages they havent raped or tortured to death, lay down their arms, and accept the right of israel to exist.

Nothing these students are campaigning for will do anything except lead to more dead israelis and more bombing of gaza and by extension more dead palestinians. The end of the cycle of death starts and ends with the end of hamas. Anything else is just prolonging the suffering for everybody.

I think it is a lot more complex than that. Israel has pretty clearly mistreated the people who live on the Gaza Strip for a long time. They have also murdered many many people from the Gaza Strip over the years. Long before and since Hamas took over in an election the US kinda forced upon the "Palestinian" people. Hamas is complete trash and deserve everything that comes their way but the destruction Israel is doing and has done is simply wrong, IMO, as is what Hamas is doing and has done.

I think both Hamas and Israel suck.

I realize you will probably disagree with anything that isn't very pro Israel and that's ok.
jah003
S
Here's the deal… agree or not, but let the protest proceed without calling in half the DPS troopers in Texas and this isn't even a news story. They are still out there protesting today… and in much larger numbers than yesterday.
Martin Cash
AG
cityagboy said:

Again, there is no such place as 'Palestine,' Yes, Gaza is being bombed and the people are suffering. They voted for it. tu has reported that more than half of those arrested were not students and had no connection with the university. Everyone with at least one foot in reality knew that.

Of course universities should be places for the exchange of ideas. But there is a proper place and process to do that. Disrupting students who want to go to class and get an education should not be blocked and harassed like this.
txags92
AG
cityagboy said:

txags92 said:

cityagboy said:

Martin Cash said:

cityagboy said:

Martin Cash said:

cityagboy said:

I think it is a lot more complex than that. Israel has pretty clearly mistreated the people who live on the Gaza Strip for a long time. They have also murdered many many people from the Gaza Strip over the years. Long before and since Hamas took over in an election the US kinda forced upon the "Palestinian" people. Hamas is complete trash and deserve everything that comes their way but the destruction Israel is doing and has done is simply wrong, IMO, as is what Hamas is doing and has done.

I think both Hamas and Israel suck.

I realize you will probably disagree with anything that isn't very pro Israel and that's ok.
Mistreated them by giving them free water and electricity and granting passes for them to enter Israel for jobs? Facilitating billions of dollars in aid to be allowed into Gaza to build critical infrastructure? That kind of mistreatment? The kind that led to the Gazans using the passes to scout locations for the Oct. 7th attack? The kind of infrastructure aid that Hamas used to build tunnels under critical civilian structures like schools and hospitals to hide rockets and fighters in, safe from Israeli reprisal because up to this war the Israelis would not target them there? Aid used to build rockets to launch at Israeli civilians instead of building water distribution systems?

And meanwhile Hamas siphoned off the lions share of the aid dollars to offshore bank accounts to make their leadership billionaires. And yet 70+% of Gazan AND the West Bank still supports Hamas and wants to be led by them. The people in Gaza CHOSE Hamas to lead them. If an election were held today, they would choose them again. Hamas can end all the suffering by releasing the remaining hostages if there are any they haven't finished torturing to death. But it is more important to them to keep the ability to kill Israelis than to let their people live in peace and prosperity. Hamas, Fatah, Islamic Jihad, and all the residents of Gaza and the West Bank that support them are anti-Semitic. They are dedicated to killing Jews. Support for any of them is support for anti-semitism. If you support "Palestine", you support killing Jews to make it happen. If you chant "from the river to the sea", you are calling for the extermination of Jews in Israel. Genocide is what that is called…and people calling for it are anti-Semitic by definition.

Stopping Israel now before they finish Hamas will just lead to more attacks, more rockets, more dead Israelis, more dead Gazans in reprisal attacks for Hamas rockets. Hiroshima and Dresden were horrible things in WWII, but ultimately they saved lives in the long run and made a just peace attainable. The end of Hamas in Gaza is a necessary prerequisite for a chance at peace to exist. How Hamas comes to an end will depend on the people of Gaza. They can send their kids to act as human shields. Or they can flee Hamas and point them out to Israeli troops.
txags92
AG
jah003 said:

Here's the deal… agree or not, but let the protest proceed without calling in half the DPS troopers in Texas and this isn't even a news story. They are still out there protesting today… and in much larger numbers than yesterday.
DPS made their point yesterday. The protestors will not be allowed to setup a camp. They will not be allowed to block students from accessing the campus, and they will not be allowed to harass students accessing campus. If the protestors stick to those rules, I doubt DPS will need to come back.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.