Austin
Sponsored by

Thieves...

1,528 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 2 mo ago by MaroonStain
hoosieraggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
S
Last night guy was trying to get in our cars. Got it all on ring. Of course I'm out of town with my german shepherd when it happened. Apparently hit a bunch of cars, three others than mine. All caught on ring spotlights. He acted like he didn't care if lights came on and that he was being recorded.
These were all south of west 290/mopac/McCarty lane and south area.
Just fyi to you all.
The Fall Guy
AG
Daily occurrence in Kyle these days. IH 35 these days is easy on/off access. The only ones caught are local teenagers or gang bangers. The rest are elsewhere
Ag in tu land
AG
At least a monthly occurrence in River Place (NW Austin). We've had two trucks stolen in just the last 5 months. Mine included.
txags92
AG
They know nobody in the DAs office will prosecute them even if they get caught unless the DA's office thinks they are a cop. Why would they be concerned about being caught on video?
rcannaday
AG
Bee Cave got hit hard; the group stole cars out of driveways and dumped them near the airport. Multiple cars got broken into. Bee Cave PD is telling people to move their keys to the back of the house, as it looks like a crew is "stealing" the Bluetooth messages from keys in front of the house to replicate and steal cars with push-button ignitions (?)...
TexAg75
AG
As far as I can tell, cameras are of no use at all unless maybe you get a straight on shot of a license plate.
MaroonStain
AG
rcannaday said:

Bee Cave got hit hard; the group stole cars out of driveways and dumped them near the airport. Multiple cars got broken into. Bee Cave PD is telling people to move their keys to the back of the house, as it looks like a crew is "stealing" the Bluetooth messages from keys in front of the house to replicate and steal cars with push-button ignitions (?)...

Need to start putting key fobs in Faraday bags or metal boxes??
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.