Metroplex
Sponsored by

Chisholm trail parkway corridor

948 Views | 4 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by mosdefn14
AlphaBean
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Considering a move back to the south/southwest area of FWish. Been up near Gainesville 10 years so it's changed a bit since then! What do I need to know about that area? Traffic, especially morning heading to Aledo area and evening back home. Schools? Have a 1yo and 4yo. Graduated from Crowley back in its heyday but seems that ship has sailed. Private may be an option but would want it nearby-ish of course. Keep in mind where we are now anything is at least 30 minutes away so that's our definition of nearby.

Location goal would be 30-35 minutes to Aledo and 20-30 minutes to Crowley. Would be looking for something on 3+ acres, ideally 10+. Don't need new. In fact probably don't want new so can make exactly our own.
Buford Tannen
AG
I graduated from NCHS.....back then.....and yes, ship is long gone my friend. Our kids go to SCS which is still in the area and a good option.
Sims
AG
We're in Wedgewood off Kingswood. Love the neighborhood w old homes, wide streets and big trees.

Our kids all go to Great Hearts charter school (Chisolm & Altamesa). Long wait list for every grade and we really enjoy the school/teachers/curriculum.

Wife is a realtor and this area & west is her bailiwick.

Debbie Byrd w League Real Estate if you'd like her input.
GentrysMillTX10
AG
Godley maybe? Now that there's a light at 1187 and winscott plover anyway…

I live in Godley now and will be happy to answer any questions. From my house, 26 min to Aledo, 23 to Crowley, and 35 to downtown Fort Worth. DFW Airport is under an hour.
mosdefn14
AG
Whatever the commute is now, add 50% in 3 years to accommodate the 100k houses being built. Especially the duplexes and man camps as far as the eye can see at McPherson.

I grew up in Crowley & folks are still there. My advice, stay close to where you're gonna live. That could mean kids schools, extra curriculars, or work. Commuting is only getting worse.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.