Metroplex
Sponsored by

Mid-Cities new home developments?

919 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by TexDill15
SupermachJM
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Due to commutes for me and my fianc, we are limited to not being able to look out in areas with significant new build growth like far north FW, etc. (We wish we could because we could afford a lot more house but the hour+ commute wouldn't be worth it).
We currently are renting in Euless and like the mid-cities area. With interest rates being high it seems like a lot of builders are offering incentives to cover closing costs and buy down rates. Unfortunately it seems like there aren't many new-builds going in.

We have already looked at Highwoods (David Weekley) and Mockingbird Estates (Pulte) around 820/Randol Mill Rd. Are there any other new developments anybody knows of in the area? Arlington, HEB, NRH, etc. Even Irving or Grand Prairie would be okay-ish. It seems like Viridian is full and the few homes they have are either overpriced or in the 55+ section.

BoomGoesThe
I've seen a couple of new developments in NRH. I think one was off of Precinct Line, just south of W McDonell School Rd. A small new development is also going to be built at Precinct Line and Glade. I think those are starting at over a million, though.(out of my range).
fc2112
I know a lot of people love Veridian in Arlington. Seems really pretty, even though it's across Collins from the Arlington landfill.
agchino
AG
It will be tough to find something new. Most of the mid-cities is pretty built out, what is going in now is 1-2 acre tear downs where they are jamming houses in.

There is a small development that is taking forever at Mid-Cities blvd and Euless Main. They just cleared a decent amount of land at 183 and 360 in Euless and it looks like home sites, though that will have a lot of highway noise. There is another little pocket off of Glade near Baze that somebody will do something with eventually, but right now is just holding fill dirt.

There is a little bit in North NRH, the aforementioned developments off of precinct line and then there is a few pockets off of Davis.

There is a small development in Colleyville near Bransford and LD Lockett, but that is million+ dollar homes. They have been trying to get a development approved at Westcoat and McDonwell school road, but that is probably going to be 2 million+ dollar homes.
SupermachJM
AG
I live right near that development at Mid-Cities and Euless Main. I've been watching it for a year waiting to see what would happen and as of this week they finally started framing houses. Got excited and went for a walk by there and every single lot has a 'sold' DR Horton sign in the front. Either they sold overnight or were never advertised because I was shocked to never see any signage. Guess I need to be more vigilant! Maybe the 183-360 development will start to be something reasonable.
Gigem_94
AG
Veridian in north Arlington is a quite large new development.
_lefraud_
AG
Veridian is great, if you never spend time outside.
ItsA&InotA&M
SupermachJM said:

I live right near that development at Mid-Cities and Euless Main. I've been watching it for a year waiting to see what would happen and as of this week they finally started framing houses. Got excited and went for a walk by there and every single lot has a 'sold' DR Horton sign in the front. Either they sold overnight or were never advertised because I was shocked to never see any signage. Guess I need to be more vigilant! Maybe the 183-360 development will start to be something reasonable.

The development may have been presold to a PE firm as a rental community.
TexDill15
AG
They are moving a ton of dirt around N183 & W360. Not sure if a master community is going in or apartments but they have pipes sticking out of the ground.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.