Metroplex
Sponsored by

Barbed fire fence in Pilot point, Denton county

879 Views | 3 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by SZ
landownerpp
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Hi,

I am looking for any recommendations for installing barbed wire fence for a land I own in Pilot point, Denton county. I got a quote from a company for $7/sft(materials and installation) for 3,000 linear feet.

Can you please let me know if you have any recommendations for any one who can do it at a more competitive price?

Thanks,
Kevin.
HarleySpoon
AG
Had a farm in PP until recently. Lots of variables:

- How many strands of wire?
- quality of wire can vary significantly.
- How far apart the t-posts? New/used posts.
- What length of t posts…. deeper is better in sandy, Pilot Point.
- did his quote include H posts and dead men?
- four straight lines or one long stretch?
- will the ground be cleared to the bare sand….no brush to deal with?
- won't be a whole lot of professional fence builders falling over themselves for a 3,000' job

$7 could be a bargain….could be a bit too much. My guess is you will see quotes from $6 to $9 inclusive of H posts. Might be some high school kids quote you $5 and you front the materials and then you can hope it is ever finished. Ag teacher is Hope Cotten (a good Aggie and even better human being) at PP high….she could likely find you the latter. Otherwise ask the folks at D&L or PP feed. Also, the welding shops in PP will know a few fence builders.
FWAppraiser
AG
Can't help you with someone who can give you a better price, but maybe I can put your mind at ease. $7.00 per LF is pretty good.
We periodically get general cost figures for work. Last go-round, quotes were:

$7-$9 per LF for 3-strand
$9-$10 per LF for 5-strand

That's for metal t-posts and wood H-braces.

And of course, any reputable fence builder will want to see the land before giving you a hard quote. If you have a lot rolling topography or clearing that needs to be done, that cost will go up. If it's a straight shot and all clear, there's a chance someone might do it a little cheaper, but not much. At least not by someone you'd want building your fence. Good luck to you.
SZ
AG
Would you mind sharing the company name? I am needing to install a gate and fence in pilot point as well.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.