Racer 5
jetch17
8:04p, 1/1/12
How was the Karbach black?
spadilly
3:56p, 1/4/12
Lived it up over the holidays:

Opened the following:

Deschutes Black Butte XXIII - yeah, I was going to save this. But it was cold, and I had people who appreciate good beer over. Excellent. If you know me, you know I'm a sucker for anything and everything that Deschutes puts out. Best brewery in America right now in my mind.

Chatoe Rogue First Growth OREgasmic Ale - unreal. One of the better PAs I have ever had. I would love to somehow try this on tap somewhere.

Fuller's Bottle Conditioned Vintage Ale 2007 (# 128,420 out of 150,000) - This has been sitting in the fridge since I bought it. Another one I was saving for the right time and place. A nice dinner w/ some other beer lovers proved to be the right spot. Excellent beer. Much lighter than I had expected. So delicious. I wonder if this lost any of its luster, as the label says "best by End 2010." Oh well...a year late. Screw it. It was excellent.

[This message has been edited by spadilly (edited 1/4/2012 4:02p).]
BSD
10:08p, 1/4/12
quote:
How was the Karbach black?

I liked it. Considering a few of my previous beers were 10%, I should give the Karbach another go to see how much I like it. Really the only beer they've done that hasn't really pleased me has been the DIPA.

Speaking of DIPA, I had my last SA DR11 about two weeks ago...those are much better fresh than aged. It's a shame too because I'm not an SA fan but that beer wow'ed me on release.
BSD
10:09p, 1/4/12
Spadilly, I had the Black Butte XXIII over Christmas...solid! I have one left that I'll age.
BSD
1:59p, 1/7/12
The HEB Bunker Hill has some Dogfishhead Burton Baton as well as Boulevard Smokestack bourbon barrel quad, which reminds me of RRBC Supplication, but twice as much beer for the same price!
jetch17
2:08p, 1/7/12
Ooh may have to go grab some
BSD
2:13p, 1/7/12
Better hurry. There wasn't much left and I may be going back!
jetch17
2:20p, 1/7/12
BSD
3:59p, 1/7/12
Went by the Spring Valley Specs and they had a few cases sitting against the wall next to the beer cooler, so there should be plenty left as I only got 6 more. I also got 2 of the Boulevard Smokestack Saison-Brett...hoping they taste like RRBC Sanctification.
Green Fairy
4:12p, 1/7/12
Jesus christo, Petrol Station followed by Karbach tour = drunky town.
TxKng82
4:27p, 1/7/12
Damn wish I was closer to Bunker Hill to grab some of that Burton Baton...

Enjoying some Southern Star Le Mort Vivant watching the game.. Pretty good stuff
62strat
4:53p, 1/7/12
quote:
Speaking of DIPA, I had my last SA DR11 about two weeks ago...those are much better fresh than aged.
ipas are not meant to be aged. You age Belgians, barley wines, big stouts, etc.
redag06
5:12p, 1/7/12
St Arnold's actually suggested keeping the a few bottles around for a year.
BSD
5:20p, 1/7/12
Yeah, I normally drink my IPAs quickly. I'm fact, I'm sweating about 12 Pliny's in my fridge right now with an October bottling date. But since SA said to age them, I saved one. I should have just stuck to my guns.
gordo97
10:05p, 1/7/12
I knocked out the last 3 DR11's I had left over last night.... They were still pretty good
jetch17
1:40p, 1/8/12
didnt make it to Bunker yesterday, but will probably head over this afternoon. Not holding out much hope, but will get some Burton if theyres any left. Happen to notice if they had anymore LeMort left?

Either way hoping to pick up something new & tasty to try.

[This message has been edited by jetch17 (edited 1/8/2012 2:05p).]
62strat
2:15p, 1/8/12
quote:
St Arnold's actually suggested keeping the a few bottles around for a year.
Well, to clarify, aging a double ipa is only going to make it milder.. it will lose some of the big hop aroma and bitterness. That's fine, but then you're not getting what you should out of the double ipa. But that's not to say you can't do it of course; beer is art, do what you want. (more so on the brewing side of it..)

I didn't mean to imply that it would go bad or something..
jetch17
5:37p, 1/8/12
Swing and a miss on the Burton, picked up some LeMort Vivant to try
jetch17
5:55p, 1/8/12
Not a bad little brew

62strat
7:58p, 1/13/12
Figured I'd revive this thread. Holy crap Rockwell tavern is packed big time. Owner said they have a 12 table wait, there isn't one square inch of this place available to stand hardly. They tapped the saint Arnold's bourbon barrel keg at 7, and it's gone.

Anyway good for them.
jetch17
8:42p, 1/13/12
im guessing its full of Saint A disciples? I figured by Rockwell & Saint A advertising it on thier FB's it would be ass-packed.
jetch17
5:20p, 1/15/12
Tack up the DFH Burton baton on the tasty list

TxKng82
6:01p, 1/15/12
Man wish I could have made it to that bunker hill HEB before they sold out...big fan of Burton Baton.
TX_AG_10
8:37p, 1/15/12
Anybody know of a place in The Woodlands that sells and fills growlers? I haven't seen or heard of any, figured this would be the place to ask! TIA!
62strat
1:00p, 1/17/12
@Willowbrook

other houston locations:
http://www.bjsbrewhouse.com/beer-dinner

[This message has been edited by 62strat (edited 1/17/2012 1:01p).]
jetch17
1:13p, 1/17/12
sounds like a cool deal if i wasnt so sure my sh*t was gonna get broken into while inside.
62strat
1:22p, 1/17/12
BJ's is in a good corner.

You really just wanna stay away from the theater..

jetch17
1:28p, 1/17/12
yeah i was just messin, although ive pretty much stopped goin to BW3 over there now.
62strat
1:42p, 1/17/12
yep.. too close to the theater
TxKng82
4:41p, 1/19/12
Hit D&Q Mart up this afternoon...friggin' fantastic. Not in that area often but when I am I'm going to have to make this a regular stop.

Picked up some Burton Baton, Erdinger Dunkel, DR10 and some Rahr Germanstyle Bock(forget the name).
Ready to enjoy some this weekend.
62strat
4:42p, 1/19/12
DR10? dang I guess he's just holding on to some and letting em out periodically? is that the barleywine? I never had that one.
TxKng82
4:48p, 1/19/12
Yeah that's the barleywine...I really enjoyed it when it came out and I had a bottle saved but it mysteriously disappeared from my fridge one weekend.

The owner said his distributor still has some 10 he's trying to get from him and he had a few bottles of 11 as well.
Agmechanic
12:59p, 1/21/12
The Green Fairy and I just returned from D&Q and the Montrose Whole Foods. Items purchased:

Burton Baton
Deshutes Jubelale
Noche Bueno Limited 2011
Magic Hat Demo Black I.P.A
32 oz growler of Karbach Weisse Versa

Currently drinking a Sam Adams Infinium I bought last week. And iT is tasty.
jh0400
5:35p, 1/21/12
I picked up an Abita Pecan Harvest today at Buffalo Market. It was interesting.

[This message has been edited by jh0400 (edited 1/21/2012 5:36p).]
CLOSE
Cancel
Copy Topic Link to Clipboard
Back
Copy
Page 27 of 49
Verify your student status Register
See Membership Benefits >
CLOSE
Night mode
Off