Torchys Tacos opening this Wednesday!
11,170 Views | 111 Replies
MAROON
10:54a, 12/7/11
how many of those former restaurants had a line out the door on the night of their pre-opening party?
stevopike
11:47a, 12/7/11
quote:
tacos a gogo- fridays = 4 tacos for $10

Am I missing something? Doesn't look like that good of a deal.

http://tacosagogo.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/tacopage2.png
byfLuger41
1:45p, 12/7/11
I don’t usually post in the Houston thread so I don’t know how you guys treat each other so forgive me in advance for being brash. It seems to me that a lot of you are cynical cheapskates who have never even eaten at Torchy’s.

The reason why I know you have not eaten at Torchy’s is because the parking lots at 5 of the 6 locations in Austin are only an eighth of the size of their Houston location. I have yet to make it to the Dallas location so I do not know the size of the parking lot. The parking lot at the Houston location is very small when compared to other restaurants in htown but if you compare to other Torchy’s locations its massive. I would still eat there if I had to pay to park. That argument is squashed.

Next order of business is the price. Yes it is higher than your average taco place but you get what you pay for. Don’t knock it till you try it! You don’t have to eat there all the time so the next time you want to splurge on some tacos and spend an extra dollar you should try it. If you still can’t afford the extra dollar hopefully you’ll get a Christmas bonus to help raise the extra funds.

Last night was awesome! They had all you could eat queso, guacamole and brownies. They also had two kegs (Miller Lite and Bud Light) that you could drink on for free. All in all it was a great experience and this location is going to be an immediate success!

The only issue I had last night was with the police office conducting traffic control. He obviously did not have a brain and could have used some reinforcements!
BarryProfit
1:50p, 12/7/11
quote:
All in all it was a great experience and this location is going to be an immediate success!

It may be an immediate success, but will it be a lasting success?

Oh, and you don't tell the tine board, the tine board tells YOU. Take it back to Austin, hippie.
yeahtoast
1:54p, 12/7/11
If I had the money I'd have a Torchy's trailer outside my house making me a different flavored diarheaa inducing taco every day.

Sign me up for the trailer park, democrat, 10 minute wait and a hot carl.

Only 2 of those are tacos...
TexMex Redass 03
1:54p, 12/7/11
quote:
Oh, and you don't tell the tine board, the tine board tells YOU. Take it back to Austin, hippie.

yea!!!!!!!!!! THIS
byfLuger41
4:47p, 12/7/11
quote:
It may be an immediate success, but will it be a lasting success?

IMO YES it will be a lasting success.

quote:
Oh, and you don't tell the tine board, the tine board tells YOU

I'll take my brashness back and sorry for getting butt hurt and making an ace out of myself but it seemed like a lot of you were just spreading on the hate without even giving this place a fair chance. I will refrain myself next time.

quote:
Take it back to Austin, hippie.

I dont think so Tim! I live and work in the burbs of htown and my loyalty is strong. Ef ATX and I sure as hell ain't no hippie guy. I just like good food and IMHO this place provides quality grub...

That is all...

[This message has been edited by Smith&Co1970 (edited 12/7/2011 4:48p).]
byfLuger41
5:01p, 12/7/11
quote:
If I had the money I'd have a Torchy's trailer outside my house making me a different flavored diarrhea inducing taco every day.

Sign me up for the trailer park, democrat, 10 minute wait and a hot carl.

Only 2 of those are tacos...

I ate 3 tacos last night and my stool came out extremely solid brodude. I guess results may vary.

If you’re worried about the wait don’t go at peak times…light bulb!

Go give your mum a hot carl…
Ryan the Temp
5:03p, 12/7/11
quote:
I live and work in the burbs of htown
OTL
byfLuger41
5:14p, 12/7/11
quote:
OTL

gimme a break!
Ray Guy
8:57p, 12/7/11
The Queso was excellent, Beef Fajita was very good. The diablo sauce which is supposed to their spiciest wasn't very spicy at all. I produced a rock solid turd later on.
Ryan the Temp
11:40p, 12/7/11
quote:
gimme a break!
Get a sense of humor.
Linz02Ag
11:42p, 12/7/11
Man, the OP really loves him some Torchy's. What's your stake in this joint, Smith?
byfLuger41
12:09a, 12/8/11
quote:
Get a sense of humor.

I gots one. Sorry again for being a turd. Thought you were being serious.

quote:
Man, the OP really loves him some Torchy's. What's your stake in this joint, Smith?

ZERO! I'm just an avid lover of Torchy's and wanted to share my enthusiasm. This place is bomb diggity!
heisatouchdown
12:29a, 12/8/11
Torchys is good, but I run across the same problem with this place as I do with Chinese food and other taco joints.

I'm full for a few hours, but then I am very hungry after. Or if I feel very full, I feel very, very queasy/sick (not from eating too much, but from the food).

For $8 I could get a lot more food at comparable places (or just a couple dollars more).
terradactylexpress
7:36a, 12/8/11
God this burbanite is butt hurt
WhitefishAggie1999
7:41a, 12/8/11
Still nothing beats Laredo Taqueria. Plus there tacos are only $2 or $2.50 with cheese.
strohag
8:16a, 12/8/11
I'll take my Mission Burrito any day of the week over standing in line for overpriced tacos
Ferris Wheel Allstar
8:31a, 12/8/11
This. Stooooopid OTL'ers trying to tell the cool kids what is cool.

quote:
Still nothing beats Laredo Taqueria. Plus there tacos are only $2 or $2.50 with cheese.

Catch
8:48a, 12/8/11
quote:
The reason why I know you have not eaten at Torchy’s is because the parking lots at 5 of the 6 locations in Austin are only an eighth of the size of their Houston location.

Um, yeah, those pathetic Austin hipsters can't afford cars because they'd rather spend thier minimum wage on premium tacos while riding thier rusted out hand me down bicycle. That *****won't work in Houston where everyone is going to drive their full sized SUV to the joint. Playas Need Parking Yo!
Panama Red
8:57a, 12/8/11
Odds that Smith&Co1970 has stuck his ween in a Torchy's Taco:

1 to 3.

Catch
9:02a, 12/8/11
quote:
Odds that Smith&Co1970 has stuck his ween in a Torchy's Taco

Hey now! While I haven't gone full taco, I've wrapped my junk in a tortilla or two while courting a Mexican chick. Works every time!
Frederick Palowaski
9:15a, 12/8/11
Head Ninja In Charge
9:35a, 12/8/11
quote:
ZERO! I'm just an avid lover of Torchy's and wanted to share my enthusiasm. This place is bomb diggity!

Don't believe you. The thread sounds like a promotion. You compare the parking lot to Austin parking lots (because the two cities are so much alike). Accuse people of never having eaten at Torchy's because they're "cynical cheapskates."

No normal person is this hard up for tacos. (FIFY protected)
byfLuger41
10:29a, 12/8/11
Later trolls. I'm deleting this thread out of my watch list. Y'all have fun!

Frederick Palowaski
10:34a, 12/8/11
The Tine board is full of trolls??
Ryan the Temp
10:42a, 12/8/11
quote:
I haven't gone full taco
I just choked on my coffee. I am totally going to use that one in the future.
Ferris Wheel Allstar
10:47a, 12/8/11
Delete the Tine board from your posting as well.
Ray Guy
12:51p, 12/8/11

quote:
Odds that Smith&Co1970 has stuck his ween in a Torchy's Taco

I believe they call that taco The Republican.

https://mavn.is/torchys/spicewood/menu/item/the-republican/
Bone6
1:13p, 12/8/11
Mission Burrito, Brothers Tacos, Laredo Taqueria all make solid tacos/burritos...

Torchy's blows them out of the water several times over and is well worth the price. It would be complaining about a Ribeye costing 15$ a pound when you could buy Round steak for much cheaper.
BBRex
5:21p, 12/8/11
Smith's alright. Just a little fired up, but good tacos can do that to ya.

-------------------------------------------------------------------
FtBendTxAg
3:57a, 12/9/11
quote:
Later trolls. I'm deleting this thread out of my watch list. Y'all have fun!

Thank god. If I ever have to read another of your posts, I'm going to decapitate myself.
Ray Guy
12:57a, 12/10/11
Line was out the door for lunch and breakfast today. I like the place, aside from all the hippie weirdos everywhere.
ZooGuy
7:27a, 12/10/11
I've had Torchy's a couple of times here in Austin. It's good, but yes, a little over-priced. If I'm going to pay near $15 for 3 tacos and a drink, I'll go elsewhere.
skipper_ag06
10:13a, 12/10/11
only reason torchy's will work is there are enough yuppies who think austin is the end all of end alls and hipster ****s who will pay for food you could get for half the cost anywhere else.

its a ******* shame. take your f'ing tattoo sleeves somewhere else.
CLOSE
Cancel
Copy Topic Link to Clipboard
Back
Copy
Page 2 of 4
Verify your student status Register
See Membership Benefits >
CLOSE
Night mode
Off
Auto-detect device settings