****CITY UNDER SIEGE - 2024****
94,645 Views | 837 Replies
maroon barchetta
11:21a, 1/10/24
In reply to I Am A Critic
The passenger said they weren't drinking. What more do you need?
I Am A Critic
11:41a, 1/10/24
In reply to maroon barchetta
maroon barchetta said:

The passenger said they weren't drinking. What more do you need?
A toxicology report proving that the driver was not impaired.
Username checks out.
maroon barchetta
11:43a, 1/10/24
In reply to I Am A Critic
You missed my sarcasm.
texagbeliever
11:43a, 1/10/24
Anyone else suspicious of a "passenger" with a married guy that late at night?
bigjag19
11:46a, 1/10/24
In reply to texagbeliever
College buds. Not that suspicious.
Sea Speed
11:49a, 1/10/24
In reply to bigjag19
bigjag19 said:

Must have been on the down low for a long time.
texagbeliever
11:52a, 1/10/24
In reply to bigjag19
bigjag19 said:

Couldn't find that info in any of the articles. Thanks for that info. That is good news for the family.
YellAg2004
12:22p, 1/10/24
Obviously the most likely is that he was impaired. I wouldn't expect the college bud of a criminal defense attorney to rat his friend out for being toasted.

I guess there's also a chance it was just a random health issue (heart attack, seizure, etc.), but I would expect that information to be released by the friend/family if it was the case.
Stat Monitor Repairman
12:34p, 1/10/24
These Teslas are just too fast for the average driver and need to be speed restricted.

Just wait till we see a 6800 lb cybertruck crash into a bus full of nuns. \

Sensible speed control in our time!
Stat Monitor Repairman
7:50p, 1/10/24

Stanley cup mania started when some lady's car caught on fire and she posted a video that the stanley mug was undamaged and her drink was still cold.
wessimo
9:12a, 1/11/24
maroon barchetta
9:15a, 1/11/24
In reply to wessimo
I'm shocked.
CDUB98
9:18a, 1/11/24
Something something about stereotypes existing for a reason.
maroon barchetta
9:20a, 1/11/24
In reply to CDUB98
This was a test run.

Next time they will try for guns and ammo.

They won't try for a cart full of shoes because Academy doesn't carry the latest Jordans.
ski-man
9:24a, 1/11/24
As long as stores do nothing to stop shoplifting it will happen. They do not hire security and do not let employees stop the theft. I guess they feel the amount it costs to hire security is more than they lose due to theft.
Let's go ski-man!
maroon barchetta
9:29a, 1/11/24
In reply to ski-man
It's liability.

They don't want to get sued by the perps if they get injured in a scuffle. They also don't want to get sued by security people who get hurt in a scuffle.

Do they carry bear spray? Employees should just douse them with that.
txags92
9:46a, 1/11/24
In reply to ski-man
ski-man said:

As long as stores do nothing to stop shoplifting it will happen. They do not hire security and do not let employees stop the theft. I guess they feel the amount it costs to hire security is more than they lose due to theft.
Not for long if they keep doing nothing to stop it.
CDUB98
9:47a, 1/11/24
In reply to txags92
txags92 said:

ski-man said:

Takes a lot of cheap clothing to offset a multi-million dollar settlement, times 100.
txags92
9:56a, 1/11/24
In reply to CDUB98
CDUB98 said:

txags92 said:

ski-man said:

Takes a lot of cheap clothing to offset a multi-million dollar settlement, times 100.
Not if the settlement comes out of an insurance policy on the security team.
CDUB98
9:58a, 1/11/24
In reply to txags92
txags92 said:

CDUB98 said:

txags92 said:

ski-man said:

Then security prices just go up to cover.

It's a lose-lose situation.
txags92
10:21a, 1/11/24
In reply to CDUB98
CDUB98 said:

txags92 said:

CDUB98 said:

txags92 said:

ski-man said:

Agree it is lose lose, but if you do nothing to stop it, you quickly turn into San Fran, where people just walk in and grab armloads of stuff, walk out, and sell it down the street for half of what you would. At some point either the DA and cops have to care enough to try to put some people in jail for it, the stores hire security and try to stop it, or the stores eventually put everything under lock and key or shut down entirely.
txags92
10:23a, 1/11/24
In reply to CDUB98
CDUB98 said:

txags92 said:

CDUB98 said:

txags92 said:

ski-man said:

Also, this is why I would greatly support a law that said no party could sue for injuries or death that occurred to somebody who was injured or killed in the commission of a crime. I.e. not the Perp and not the perp's family.
YellAg2004
10:25a, 1/11/24
It would seem the Service Merchandise store model was just ahead of its time.
maroon barchetta
10:26a, 1/11/24
In reply to txags92
What if the perp dindunuffin?
txags92
10:33a, 1/11/24
In reply to maroon barchetta
maroon barchetta said:

What if the perp dindunuffin?
Don't start nuffin, won't be nuffin.
Psycho Bunny
2:14p, 1/11/24
In reply to wessimo
Just the 13% doing what they do best. Nothing to see here just move along.
cupcakesprinkles
2:53p, 1/11/24
In reply to Ciboag96
Ciboag96 said:

Altima with Temporary Tags is the chariot of the vunnable

So funny yet so true.
Jugstore Cowboy
2:58p, 1/11/24
In reply to YellAg2004
YellAg2004 said:

It would seem the Service Merchandise store model was just ahead of its time.
Yeah, it seems like it would have some obvious benefits these days.

I could see something like what cellphone stores or Apple stores do catching on; with anchored models out on the floor, and staff to pick from the back.
Ferris Wheel Allstar
3:05p, 1/11/24
In reply to cupcakesprinkles
cupcakesprinkles said:

Ciboag96 said:

Altima with Temporary Tags is the chariot of the vunnable

So funny yet so true.
Times are tough when they cant afford the Chargers and have to settle for the Altima. Thanks Joe Biden.
Al Bula
4:33p, 1/11/24
Wait a minute... One of the those third world Galleria kiosk hawkers and his pedo buddies were assaulting little kids in the bathroom? This happened as recently as last year but don't recall hearing about it til today on Forum 16.

https://www.fox26houston.com/news/toddler-sexually-assaulted-in-bathroom-by-former-galleria-employee-fbi
Quote:

In one specific video, FBI documents say one of the toddler males was seen in what appeared to be a public restroom lying on a changing table being assaulted by one man while Fernandez is allegedly the person recording.

BG Knocc Out
5:11p, 1/11/24
In reply to Psycho Bunny
Psycho Bunny said:

Actually closer to 6%, maybe less, once you limit it mostly to males within a certain age range.
BG Knocc Out
5:15p, 1/11/24
In reply to Al Bula
Al Bula said:

Wait a minute... One of the those third world Galleria kiosk hawkers and his pedo buddies were assaulting little kids in the bathroom? This happened as recently as last year but don't recall hearing about it til today on Forum 16.

https://www.fox26houston.com/news/toddler-sexually-assaulted-in-bathroom-by-former-galleria-employee-fbi
Quote:

In one specific video, FBI documents say one of the toddler males was seen in what appeared to be a public restroom lying on a changing table being assaulted by one man while Fernandez is allegedly the person recording.

Just saw this on F16...no words. Unimaginably horrific, and I bet many of us would gladly sign up to be executioner.

In the same way you wouldn't leave your small female children with a heterosexual male you only casually know, I would strongly advise not leaving small male children to be alone with flaming gay men that you casually know.
txags92
5:31p, 1/11/24
In reply to BG Knocc Out
BG Knocc Out said:

Al Bula said:

Quote:

Just saw this on F16...no words. Unimaginably terrific, and I bet many of us would gladly sign up to be executioner.

In the same way you wouldn't leave your small female children with a heterosexual male you only casually know, I would strongly advise not leaving small male children to be alone with flaming gay men that you casually know.
???
BG Knocc Out
5:36p, 1/11/24
In reply to txags92
txags92 said:

BG Knocc Out said:

Al Bula said:

Quote:

Just saw this on F16...no words. Unimaginably terrific, and I bet many of us would gladly sign up to be executioner.

???

Geez, that's definitely the worst typo I've ever made. Fixed it.
TheRatt87
6:44a, 1/12/24
In reply to Psycho Bunny
Psycho Bunny said:

Actually young black males aged 16-35 represent only about 4% of the total population. All blacks represent 13%.

ETA - Sorry BG; didn't see your earlier post on this.
CLOSE
Cancel
Copy Topic Link to Clipboard
Back
Copy
Page 4 of 24
Verify your student status Register
See Membership Benefits >
CLOSE
Night mode
Off
Auto-detect device settings