*****2024 Hurricane Off-Season*****
154,302 Views | 1359 Replies
gougler08
8:10a, 1/17/24
In reply to CDUB98
CDUB98 said:

wessimo said:

The heater is broken at my 5th graders school (HISD). Sent him to school dressed like he is hitting the slopes.
Showing your white privilege I see.
txags11
8:19a, 1/17/24
In reply to wessimo
I await the next ice day, hopefully this winter, to see what he does, and when he stays open, the backlash he faces.
CDUB98
8:22a, 1/17/24
In reply to txags11
txags11 said:

I await the next ice day, hopefully this winter, to see what he does, and when he stays open, the backlash he faces.

Some people just want to watch the world burn.
WES2006AG
8:47a, 1/17/24
In reply to txags11
txags11 said:

The news choppers hovering over a fender-bender involving an HISD bus will get the pitchforks out real quick.
AustinCountyAg
9:09a, 1/17/24
In reply to wessimo
wessimo said:

The heater is broken at my 5th graders school (HISD). Sent him to school dressed like he is hitting the slopes.
I feel his pain. Heater is broken at my office as well. I am dressed like I am hitting the duck blind. Can't feel my fingers or toes rn.lol
maroon barchetta
9:12a, 1/17/24
In reply to CDUB98
CDUB98 said:

txags11 said:

Some people just want to watch the world ice over.
CDUB98
9:17a, 1/17/24
In reply to maroon barchetta
Well played.
cajunaggie08
9:27a, 1/17/24
In reply to wessimo
wessimo said:

What a dumbass
Cromagnum
9:36a, 1/17/24
In reply to AJ02
AJ02 said:

Transplants from where? Why is wind chill a bigger deal than actual temps to them?

Because morons believe that if it's 33F actual, but a 20F degree windchill, that water will still somehow freeze because the wind is blowing on it harder.
Breggy Popup
9:46a, 1/17/24
In reply to Cromagnum
Cromagnum said:

AJ02 said:

Transplants from where? Why is wind chill a bigger deal than actual temps to them?

Because morons believe that if it's 33F actual, but a 20F degree windchill, that water will still somehow freeze because the wind is blowing on it harder.

Wind can actually cause water to freeze even with air temp above freezing. If the air is dry enough evaporative cooling can lower water temp a few degrees and cause it to freeze.

But your general point stands. The "feels like" temp is not an indicator of this.
The Wonderer
10:18a, 1/17/24
In reply to Breggy Popup
Bregxit said:

Cromagnum said:

AJ02 said:

Wind can actually cause water to freeze even with air temp above freezing. If the air is dry enough evaporative cooling can lower water temp a few degrees and cause it to freeze.

But your general point stands. The "feels like" temp is not an indicator of this.
CDUB98
10:33a, 1/17/24
In reply to The Wonderer
The Wonderer said:

Bregxit said:

Cromagnum said:

AJ02 said:

Ackchyually all you want, he's correct. It's called thermodynamics of heat transfer.

Signed, a mechanical engineering nerd.
Breggy Popup
10:38a, 1/17/24
In reply to The Wonderer
The Wonderer said:

Bregxit said:

Cromagnum said:

AJ02 said:

Feel free to continue your life in ignorance. Just trying to help out.

To make it less nerdy, it also the reason BBQ stalls out around 165* for a while.
The Wonderer
10:42a, 1/17/24
In reply to CDUB98
CDUB98 said:

The Wonderer said:

Bregxit said:

Cromagnum said:

AJ02 said:

Ackchyually all you want, he's correct. It's called thermodynamics of heat transfer.

I know he's correct. His post just perfectly teed up that meme and I don't shy away from taking a swing.
CDUB98
10:45a, 1/17/24
In reply to The Wonderer
The Wonderer said:

CDUB98 said:

The Wonderer said:

Bregxit said:

Cromagnum said:

AJ02 said:

I know he's correct. His post just perfectly teed up that meme and I don't shy away from taking a swing.

Breggy Popup
10:49a, 1/17/24
In reply to The Wonderer
The Wonderer said:

CDUB98 said:

The Wonderer said:

Bregxit said:

Cromagnum said:

AJ02 said:

Cromagnum
10:54a, 1/17/24
Seeing we will be 70 soon and heavy rains to start next week. Gotta love whacky El Nino seasons around here.
cone
11:03a, 1/17/24
i can't believe we survived
AgLA06
11:06a, 1/17/24
In reply to cone
Hey, hey, hey now. We have 2 more nights around freezing later this week before you can say that.
Serotonin
11:12a, 1/17/24
In reply to AgLA06
AgLA06 said:

Hey, hey, hey now. We have 2 more nights around freezing later this week before you can say that.
before the floods next week
Charlie Murphy
11:18a, 1/17/24
In reply to AgLA06
Not sure those are hard freezes however.
CDUB98
11:20a, 1/17/24
My wife is pissed that I let her plants get killed in the hard freeze. It might help to tell me she wants them brought in before it's already been in the low 20s for more than 12 hours. Geez.
maroon barchetta
11:30a, 1/17/24
In reply to CDUB98
CDUB98 said:

My wife is pissed that I let her plants get killed in the hard freeze. It might help to tell me she wants them brought in before it's already been in the low 20s for more than 12 hours. Geez.

If you really loved her you would have anticipated her needs and been out in the cold hauling her plants into the garage while she perused all of the casual and workout wear on Athleta.com (or any other online shopping site).
tk for tu juan
11:35a, 1/17/24
Modern stability control systems saved a few bad drivers from larger insurance claims

CDUB98
11:43a, 1/17/24
In reply to tk for tu juan
So many of those near misses were by people flying along as if the weather were perfect. Idiots.

I felt sorry for the few who were being cautious, but just started sliding anyway. Maybe they tapped their brakes from something offscreen, but if not, that's just bad luck.
AustinCountyAg
11:44a, 1/17/24
this video is hilarious and terrifying to watch. so many people hauling ass on roads KNOWING they are iced over as well as tailgating vehicles. people are stupid
wessimo
12:42p, 1/17/24
Per Grizzy and other FB sources, heat and/or water down at multiple schools today.
Kenneth_2003
12:47p, 1/17/24
That video... My goodness id want 2 minutes with a baseball bat on some of those morons! You know most of them are carrying minimal or no insurance and no way it's not going to cost the person that got hit thousands out of pocket!

Also... Too whomever decided last night to water Cypresswood just east of 249.
1) The goal of sprinklers should be to water the GRASS not a 200 yd stretch of the entire street.
2). You didn't need to be watering in January.
3). I hope you wake up every morning to find your floor is covered in cat sh... and Legos
maroon barchetta
12:55p, 1/17/24
In reply to Kenneth_2003
Kenneth_2003 said:

That video... My goodness id want 2 minutes with a baseball bat on some of those morons! You know most of them are carrying minimal or no insurance and no way it's not going to cost the prison the hit thousands out of pocket!

Also... Too whomever decided last night to water Cypresswood just east of 249.
1) The goal of sprinklers should be to water the GRASS not a 200 yd stretch of the entire street.
2). You didn't need to be watering in January.
3). I hope you wake up every morning to find your floor is covered in cat sh... and Legos

WAT
BG Knocc Out
12:56p, 1/17/24
In reply to wessimo
wessimo said:

Per Grizzy and other FB sources, heat and/or water down at multiple schools today.
"Tough sh**, don't let those kids leave, every weather situation ever is always overblown, Russians used to leave their babies out in the snow...I WENT TO WORK ON MONDAY AND TUESDAY" /Texags tough guys (close kin to the "heyyy, that's not a kolacheee!" dorks)
Furlock Bones
12:59p, 1/17/24
In reply to AustinCountyAg
AustinCountyAg said:

this video is hilarious and terrifying to watch. so many people hauling ass on roads KNOWING they are iced over as well as tailgating vehicles. people are stupid
think that's bad. watch some videos of Midwestern and NE drivers who "know how to drive on snow and ice".

Cromagnum
1:11p, 1/17/24
tk for tu juan said:

Modern stability control systems saved a few bad drivers from larger insurance claims

Jim Adler gonna be licking his chops.
Ag_07
1:30p, 1/17/24
In reply to AustinCountyAg
AustinCountyAg said:

people are stupid

I always think of it like this...The average person is pretty stupid. Now remember that half the population is stupider than that.

Yeah no wonder we're fckd as a society.
Kenneth_2003
1:39p, 1/17/24
In reply to maroon barchetta
Edited and fixed... What I get trying to type and eat at the same time.

*Cost the person that got hit...
evestor1
2:06p, 1/17/24
In reply to Ag_07
Ag_07 said:

AustinCountyAg said:

people are stupid

I always think of it like this...The average person is pretty stupid. Now remember that half the population is stupider than that.

Yeah no wonder we're fckd as a society.
I saw a guy wearing this shirt in the airport a few months back and sadly it took me 1-2 minutes to understand it!

CLOSE
Cancel
Copy Topic Link to Clipboard
Back
Copy
Page 12 of 39
Verify your student status Register
See Membership Benefits >
CLOSE
Night mode
Off
Auto-detect device settings