*****2024 Hurricane Off-Season*****
152,834 Views | 1347 Replies
Breggy Popup
9:49p, 4/20/24
In reply to Milwaukees Best Light
All of it?
Cromagnum
10:55p, 4/20/24
80% chance of thunderstorms all day. Hasn't rained a drop, and now it's much cooler air from the north so still not expecting anything.
wessimo
10:28a, 4/23/24
About time to start the hurricane season thread

Cromagnum
5:47p, 4/28/24
Going crazy north of Houston. Not holding onto hope for 80% rain down here though.
Raiderjay
6:43p, 4/28/24
wedge tornado reported just south of Madisonville.....
Raiderjay
6:44p, 4/28/24
live updates
Raiderjay
6:49p, 4/28/24
maroon barchetta
7:00p, 4/28/24
In reply to Raiderjay
"Anti-oash Texas"

Good lord, dude.

Antioch! AN-tee-ock!
TXAG 05
7:11p, 4/28/24
In reply to Cromagnum
Cromagnum said:

Going crazy north of Houston. Not holding onto hope for 80% rain down here though.

Yep. Was hoping for a nice rainy Sunday, but the hourly forecast keeps getting pushed back
ktownag08
6:47a, 4/29/24
All the rain came over night and well above forecast expectations. Got 3.5"...
Cromagnum
7:11a, 4/29/24
Didn't get **** here. Maybe 5 minutes of rain right around daybreak.
Furlock Bones
7:46a, 4/29/24
In reply to ktownag08
In the Heights. Woke up in the middle of night. I'm surprised our rain total was only just over an inch. Rain intensity was up there.
WES2006AG
7:58a, 4/29/24
In reply to Furlock Bones
Furlock Bones said:

In the Heights. Woke up in the middle of night. I'm surprised our rain total was only just over an inch. Rain intensity was up there.
Had a huge limb down on the street in front of my house in the Heights this morning. Lucky it didn't take out a parked car.
Furlock Bones
8:05a, 4/29/24
In reply to WES2006AG
Lots of trees and large limbs have come down in the last few months. A couple of tough winters and the drought last year has really hurt them.
Cromagnum
7:23p, 5/1/24
Suppose to get thowed again early Thursday morning.
Anti-taxxer
6:34a, 5/2/24
Lots of roads impassable in Walker County.

1374/Possum Walk on the New Waverly side has washed out.

Theres been a lot of effing rain.
W
6:42a, 5/2/24
cranking up the water release from Lake Conroe

this is going to be a test for all those subdivisions near the West Fork
gougler08
6:59a, 5/2/24
Not a drop on SW side
Cromagnum
7:22a, 5/2/24
In reply to gougler08
gougler08 said:

Not a drop on SW side

Same. 5 minutes of rain during the last storm and nothing during this one.
gougler08
7:42a, 5/2/24
In reply to Cromagnum
Well I take it back, the trees have some rain on them so I guess we got something...but certainly nothing that would have woken me up overnight
Breggy Popup
8:04a, 5/2/24
Wish I could send some yall's way! Flooding at my house with hail in Spring and no power.
BBRex
8:39a, 5/2/24
I was dumb and drove to work through the worst of it in Spring at Rayford and 99.

As a side note, when the rain is really bad and cars are actually stopped or stalled in the roadway, people driving with hazards on makes things much more confusing.
Breggy Popup
8:40a, 5/2/24
Just tried to take my son to school...18" of water on the roads in my neighborhood. That didn't work out well.

ETA: And it is still pouring here.
Bassmaster
8:51a, 5/2/24
In reply to BBRex
We've gotten 4.5 inches in 45 minutes in Benders Estates. Just had to bring my son to school at Clark and roads in Woodson's are close to impassable. Cops have a couple of roads blocked. Trees down everywhere including the top of a 75 ft. oak hanging over my driveway.
evestor1
8:54a, 5/2/24
In reply to W
W said:

cranking up the water release from Lake Conroe

this is going to be a test for all those subdivisions near the West Fork
is this where we complain about sand pits?

i have two friends in kingwood with flooded houses right now b/c of poor yard drainage.
YellAg2004
8:55a, 5/2/24
In reply to BBRex
BBRex said:

people driving with hazards on are f'ing stupid
FIFY
AJ02
8:56a, 5/2/24
In reply to Breggy Popup
Bregxit said:

Wish I could send some yall's way! Flooding at my house with hail in Spring and no power.

Lots of rain, but never lost power and no hail at our house in Spring.
AgLiving06
8:59a, 5/2/24
Some serious hourly rates for rain in Spring and Kingwood. Approaching 2 inches.
ttha_aggie_09
9:00a, 5/2/24
Must be going North, seems to just be sprinkling around Katy
BBRex
9:16a, 5/2/24
In reply to Bassmaster
Awww, hell. Be careful out there. I hope that tree isn't close to the house. I can completely believe those rain totals. At one point I was stopped at a red light and legitimately couldn't see the road across the neighborhood intersection. It was bad.

And I got a message from Centerpoint saying the power is out.
johncAG
9:24a, 5/2/24
Was supposed to have an inspector look at a house in Harmony Village and he mentioned he couldn't get into the area due to all the rain. These comments confirm that for me
Breggy Popup
9:37a, 5/2/24
Sweet. Have a roof leak.
Bassmaster
9:50a, 5/2/24
In reply to BBRex
Thanks. It's a couple hundred feet from the house, but it's on the driveway, so I'll have to deal with it today. We are at 6.67 inches since right before 8 and it looks like we're going to get more shortly. Pool is officially over the edges. It picked up a large potted plant and deposited it into the deep end. That'll be a fun cleanup.
Bassmaster
9:52a, 5/2/24
In reply to Breggy Popup
That sucks, but it could end up being nothing. With the amount of wind driven rain, there are all kinds of ways for the water to get in.
Breggy Popup
9:55a, 5/2/24
In reply to Bassmaster
Bassmaster said:

That sucks, but it could end up being nothing. With the amount of wind driven rain, there are all kinds of ways for the water to get in.

Yeah not too worried. I have a great relationship with my roofer. It was installed two years ago. He'll make it right.
CLOSE
Cancel
Copy Topic Link to Clipboard
Back
Copy
Page 19 of 39
Verify your student status Register
See Membership Benefits >
CLOSE
Night mode
Off
Auto-detect device settings