*****2024 Hurricane Off-Season*****
188,622 Views | 1627 Replies
Tone2002
6:05p, 5/3/24
In reply to Stat Monitor Repairman
Stat Monitor Repairman said:

Will we clear the 2024 hurricane name list and have to dip into the 2024 supplemental list?

• Adria
  • Braylen
  • Caridad
  • Deshawn
  • Emery
  • Foster
  • Gemma
  • Heath
  • Isla
  • Jacobus
  • Kenzie
  • Lucio
  • Makayla
  • Nolan
  • Orlanda
  • Pax
  • Ronin
  • Sophie
  • Tayshaun
  • Viviana
  • Will

Hurricane Tayshaun????
chilidogfood
6:05p, 5/3/24

I believe this is Maegan Three Stallion.
Cromagnum
6:12p, 5/3/24
In reply to Tone2002
Tone2002 said:

Stat Monitor Repairman said:

Will we clear the 2024 hurricane name list and have to dip into the 2024 supplemental list?

• Adria
  • Braylen
  • Caridad
  • Deshawn
  • Emery
  • Foster
  • Gemma
  • Heath
  • Isla
  • Jacobus
  • Kenzie
  • Lucio
  • Makayla
  • Nolan
  • Orlanda
  • Pax
  • Ronin
  • Sophie
  • Tayshaun
  • Viviana
  • Will

Hurricane Tayshaun????

If any of them hit the Tine, it's going to be that one.
Cromagnum
7:59p, 5/3/24
Futurecast for Sunday morning. Just what is needed.

Jack Klompus
8:08p, 5/3/24
Don't worry. Judge Hidalgo is on the case.
aTm2004
8:25p, 5/3/24
In reply to Jack Klompus
At least she doesn't need a life jacket.
Cromagnum
8:30p, 5/3/24
In reply to Jack Klompus
Jack Klompus said:

Someone should hold her head underwater off the edge of the boat.
Stat Monitor Repairman
8:34p, 5/3/24
Mija out there runnin' the bayou like she Troy & Jay Paul.

She don't wanna mess up that double starched tactical shirt but boating safety is no accident.

Gotta set a better example for the people of Harris county.
Jugstore Cowboy
8:39p, 5/3/24
In reply to Jack Klompus
Jack Klompus said:

Al Bula
9:39p, 5/3/24
First of all, man my heart goes out to the folks affected by these craptastic deluges.

Did Lina take a class in her elective track for DNC grooming of next big commie superstar called How to Look Uninterested on Camera While Being an Uptalking Tonedeaf Politico in Natural Disasters?
Cromagnum
10:08p, 5/3/24
By all means, let's try to take the lowest, expensive option we can through high water.

BayAg_14
10:12p, 5/3/24
In reply to Cromagnum
Cromagnum said:

Its really incredible the split in totals north vs south of I-10. I live in Manvel and have collected six tenths of an inch this week. My Dad lives in Baytown and has collected almost 10 inches.
spadilly
10:41p, 5/3/24
.31" of rain here in the Sugar Land area since Monday. Everything has been north, and when we do get anything it's a light shower for five minutes.
Cromagnum
10:53p, 5/3/24
In reply to BayAg_14
Looks like the Sunday storm might get everyone finally.

txags92
11:28p, 5/3/24
In reply to BayAg_14
BayAg_14 said:

Cromagnum said:

Its really incredible the split in totals north vs south of I-10. I live in Manvel and have collected six tenths of an inch this week. My Dad lives in Baytown and has collected almost 10 inches.
Reminds me of Tropical Storm Allison. We were living on the west side and got almost zero rain. We were not aware that there was even flooding going on and drove in to the Astroarena around the south side of town trying to go to the SeaSpace dive show. We were almost there when we started seeing signs of flooding around 288 and 610 and turned on the radio.
lunchbox
11:32p, 5/3/24
59 @ Townsen starting to flood. Southbound frontage roads closed as of a couple of hours ago. Once that area starts starts to go, it gets messy in a hurry.
lunchbox
8:41a, 5/4/24
AgLA06
8:46a, 5/4/24
Yah, I just out of state friends that used to live here ask if we were alright. I told them if you were south of the beltway 8 north, it's been nothing abnormal. South of I-10 probably hasn't even noticed.
Bonfired
9:44a, 5/4/24
In reply to AgLA06
AgLA06 said:

Yah, I just out of state friends that used to live here ask if we were alright. I told them if you were south of the beltway 8 north, it's been nothing abnormal. South of I-10 probably hasn't even noticed.
You'd be pretty much right. Aware and definitely sympathetic to the plight of the northsiders, but weather-wise, virtually zero impact down here in Fort Bend Co.
KDubAg
10:48a, 5/4/24
In reply to Cromagnum
Cromagnum said:

By all means, let's try to take the lowest, expensive option we can through high water.

Probably couldn't afford it any more, so they saw an opportunity.
AJ02
11:24a, 5/4/24
In reply to KDubAg
During Harvey we watched a car drive down our street into high water, immediately get out and walk away. We're not on a through street and it wasn't a car we recognized. Definitely someone looking for some insurance money.
lunchbox
11:29a, 5/4/24
Guitarsoup
12:48p, 5/4/24
In reply to KDubAg
KDubAg said:

Cromagnum said:

Probably couldn't afford it any more, so they saw an opportunity.

So you think he was

Underwater on it.
maroon barchetta
1:09p, 5/4/24
Cromagnum
2:17p, 5/4/24
In reply to Guitarsoup
LOL
Dr. Doctor
2:23p, 5/4/24
In reply to spadilly
spadilly said:

.31" of rain here in the Sugar Land area since Monday. Everything has been north, and when we do get anything it's a light shower for five minutes.

Back of kingwood and I've gotten 3.375, 7.75 and 3.325 inches this past week. M, R, F.

I don't need another 3+ inches tomorrow. Even if it's my anniversary.

~egon
aTm2004
2:33p, 5/4/24
In reply to Dr. Doctor
Dr. Doctor said:

spadilly said:

Back of kingwood and I've gotten 3.375, 7.75 and 3.325 inches this past week. M, R, F.

~egon

Pretty bold to be speaking for your wife.
txags92
2:34p, 5/4/24
In reply to Dr. Doctor
Dr. Doctor said:

spadilly said:

~egon
Whatever you did on Thursday, keep doing that.

-your wife
Dr. Doctor
3:00p, 5/4/24
lunchbox
3:46p, 5/4/24
texasaggie2015
6:58a, 5/5/24
How's everyone holding up?
Jugstore Cowboy
7:10a, 5/5/24
In reply to texasaggie2015
I'm stranded, but supplied. No promises on drunkposting later today.

I wish KLOL was still on the radio to play that old Stevie Ray Vaughan classic, "The Sky Is Pissing On Us."

CAR96
8:01a, 5/5/24
Around 1.2 " of rain in The Woodlands near me started about 6:10 - 6:30 moved quick wind blew a small limb down into my yard.

More to come, hopefully not training as tv reports it may train south of I 10 in areas that haven't seen much the last week.

Expect another inch or two thru 7 pm.
Al Bula
8:10a, 5/5/24
https://www.click2houston.com/news/local/2024/05/05/kprc-2-news-crew-witnesses-woman-ignore-houston-firefighters-warning-drive-into-flood-waters/

Awesome. Idiot woman told not to drive in water gets stranded and argues with firefighters.

Anti-taxxer
8:27a, 5/5/24
In reply to Al Bula
People like this infuriate me. They willingly and knowingly doing something selfish and stupid, which necessitates first responders not only having to put themselves at risk to save them, but possibly using resources that are needed for actual emergencies.

I truly feel that if you fail to use common sense, you should be left to find your own way out.
CLOSE
Cancel
Copy Topic Link to Clipboard
Back
Copy
Page 24 of 47
Verify your student status Register
See Membership Benefits >
CLOSE
Night mode
Off
Auto-detect device settings