2024 Property Tax Season
25,641 Views | 210 Replies
AgLA06
2:56p, 1/18/24
In reply to htxag09
Pay it the second you can and tell no one!
one MEEN Ag
2:59p, 1/18/24
In reply to Red Pear Realty
You know, I purposefully didn't put my trash out on MLK day thinking 'for sure they aren't running.'

Sho nuff, they ran garbage and judging by the fact only racist put their trash out, it was a very light pick up day (of mostly asian neighbors who didn't GAF).
CDUB98
3:02p, 1/18/24
I can't get it to glitch and show my 2024. Figures.
htxag09
3:04p, 1/18/24
Rental property up 8%.
Daytona22
7:09p, 1/18/24
In reply to K Bo
Still waiting on mine to be picked up…
Mr. McGibblets
7:54p, 1/18/24
Yup. My admin spotted this last week. Hit refresh and it disappeared. Def a glitch. This must be their CAMA cost bc everything should be in the valuation stages with the analyst.
Red Pear Realty
Sponsor
8:16p, 1/18/24
In reply to Mr. McGibblets
What is CAMA cost?
Sponsor Message: We Split Commissions. Full Service Agents in Austin, Bryan-College Station, Dallas-Fort Worth, Houston and San Antonio. Red Pear Realty
Mr. McGibblets
8:22p, 1/18/24
In reply to Red Pear Realty
Their in house Marshall and Swift.
Red Pear Realty
Sponsor
9:51p, 1/18/24
In reply to Mr. McGibblets
Ah, thanks.
Sponsor Message: We Split Commissions. Full Service Agents in Austin, Bryan-College Station, Dallas-Fort Worth, Houston and San Antonio. Red Pear Realty
JJxvi
9:30a, 1/19/24
CAMA stands for Computer Assisted Mass Appraisal, basically the name for mass appraisal software that someone clearly came up with back when such ideas were the space age way of the future.
MAS444
9:40a, 1/19/24
Does that mean the glitched numbers may or may not be the final numbers? Sure as hell hope so.
stevopike
9:42a, 1/19/24
I would not assume anything until you get your notice in the mail.
K Bo
8:37a, 1/21/24
In reply to K Bo
Green bin trucks spotted in Oak Forest!!
Red Pear Realty
Sponsor
8:54a, 1/21/24
In reply to K Bo
Don't tease us.
CDUB98
9:51a, 1/21/24
In reply to K Bo
Don't play with my heart like that.
AgLA06
10:16a, 1/21/24
In reply to K Bo
K Bo said:

Green bin trucks spotted in Oak Forest!!

They actually picking up recycling or being used as trash trucks?
K Bo
12:07p, 1/21/24
In reply to AgLA06
Blue truck picking up green bins. Of course, they did not get the green bins on my side of the street.
Red Pear Realty
12:54p, 1/21/24
TXAG 05
1:15p, 1/21/24
Rolled my green can back out just in case. It's full of trash.
Sea Speed
1:41p, 1/21/24
Blue truck, green truck who gives a *****

AgLA06
1:47p, 1/21/24
In reply to Sea Speed
Those of us actually here that deal with it weekly.
Sea Speed
1:54p, 1/21/24
In reply to AgLA06

AgLA06
1:56p, 1/21/24
In reply to Sea Speed

This is fun. Your turn.
Sea Speed
1:59p, 1/21/24
In reply to AgLA06
Buddy, calm down. It was a happy Gilmore reference. Good lord the trash angst runs deep.
Crazy Ag 97
4:26p, 1/22/24
Just got the glitch to work for my propeerty....it is beyond criminal the complete BS they are allowed to just randomly make up and then tax us on. I couldn't sell my house for a price within a $100k of what they claiming it's worth. Yes I'll protest, I always do, but I have to get it lowered by least $75k to even start affecting my taxes.
K Bo
9:55a, 1/31/24
In reply to K Bo
my green bin is empty!!
Martin Q. Blank
9:58a, 1/31/24
2023 property taxes are due today.
AgLA06
10:17a, 1/31/24
In reply to K Bo
Mine isn't yet, but a truck just went down the other side of the street. So there's actually hope.
schmellba99
12:23p, 1/31/24
Wrote my rent check to the state today.

I hate all forms of government. I would not be opposed to sheer anarchy right now.
mnetop
12:30p, 1/31/24
In reply to schmellba99
schmellba99 said:

Wrote my rent check to the state today.

I hate all forms of government. I would not be opposed to sheer anarchy right now.
You never really own your property, don't you? If you don't pay your taxes, they will take it away from you.
BudFox7
5:41p, 1/31/24
In reply to schmellba99
At some point, one year, there will be a huge movement by millions to not pay. Then there will be change…after they come for bank accounts
SnowboardAg
10:40a, 2/16/24
The friendly appraisal district came to assess my house in their brand new car. Started asking a bunch of questions to my wife and fortunately she said "please get off our property and I'm not answering any of your questions". The whole process feels slimmy.
SnowboardAg
10:48a, 2/16/24
Any organization that is encouraged to spend their budget (or risk losing it) is NOT efficient. Government organizations are so backwards.
CDUB98
10:49a, 2/16/24
In reply to SnowboardAg
Obviously, you married a keeper.
SnowboardAg
12:20p, 3/4/24
Can't stand HCAD. Need some advice here:
1. We put on a covered patio last year, and in the midst of that painted the brick on our house and put in a new driveway (along with some landscape work). My home does look good, but it's probably economically misimproved with what's being built around me. NOTE: HCAD has the patio sf incorrect favorably to me.
2. HCAD comes out and rates me remodeled in 2023 and updates my condition to "Very Good" from "Average". Did NOTHING on the inside of the house - and it's not "VERY GOOD" on the inside. This may be the result of the wife kicking them off our property (see above) and this person just saying fine, I'll just mark it the best and force them to let me come back out.
3. All that being said, what do I do here - A.) Go in with Pics of the inside of the home to fight the "Very Good" condition with the appraiser. B.) Hire someone to fight it for me - if so, who? C.) Chalk it up as a loss to the condition knowing that I somewhat got an advantage with #1.
4. Open to ideas of what to do in this case - if this was your situation.
CLOSE
Cancel
Copy Topic Link to Clipboard
Back
Copy
Page 2 of 7
Verify your student status Register
See Membership Benefits >
CLOSE
Night mode
Off
Auto-detect device settings