Houston
Sponsored by

Southwest Airlines leaving IAH. End of August no more flights

3,053 Views | 38 Replies | Last: 6 days ago by Sea Speed
Jock 07
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Diggity said:

yeah, SWA always tends to get the ****ty gates at their non-hub airports. Not a great experience.

As far as pricing, these days I don't find SW to be any cheaper than United Basic Economy. If you have any status or cards on United, you can get the bags free (and possibly Economy Plus) so I don't really see much need to deal with SWA's crappy boarding situation.

My experience as well. I loathe the cattle call and jockeying for seats. God forbid your late for a connection and miss your place in line.
94chem
Jock 07 said:

Diggity said:

yeah, SWA always tends to get the ****ty gates at their non-hub airports. Not a great experience.

As far as pricing, these days I don't find SW to be any cheaper than United Basic Economy. If you have any status or cards on United, you can get the bags free (and possibly Economy Plus) so I don't really see much need to deal with SWA's crappy boarding situation.

My experience as well. I loathe the cattle call and jockeying for seats. God forbid your late for a connection and miss your place in line.

There should be a service where you can rent a little kid to fly with your group so they'll seat everyone together at the gate.
94chem,
That, sir, was the greatest post in the history of TexAgs. I salute you. -- Dough
Texaggie7nine
This sucks living near Spring. I've been using IAH SW regularly, and though the gate situation sucked, it was better than driving to the other side of Houston on weekdays.

As a bigger guy who has perfected the "look miserable to sit next to" routine, I have only ever sat next to someone in the middle seat on 100% full flights, which has happened to me maybe 4 or 5 times. Even when boarding early, I get an aisle seat around row 15 on the shorter 737s and about 20 on the longer MAX ones, when my wife is with me she will take the window seat. Far enough back that it's not desirable, but also not so far back of the plane that the last few passengers who are forced to find middle seats after getting to the back automatically go to.

7nine
Sea Speed
AG
Looks like sw gave my wife and I each a $100 voucher for the change. Not bad considering we used points, both airports are the same distance and the flights they put us on are actually better.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.