Mexican food in Laredo
4,080 Views | 14 Replies
281TexAg
8:16p, 6/4/20
I'll be in Laredo for a couple days soon. I'm looking for a good Mexican restaurant down there. Also interested in any sightseeing I should do as well.
Charpie
11:29p, 6/5/20
Taco Palenque
Cappo
12:38p, 6/7/20
Moved back to Dallas recently and I miss Taco Palenque for sure
RGV AG
7:18p, 6/7/20
In reply to Charpie
Really? It is ok in a pinch, but I think it is heavily overrated. They don't do fideo right y ninguna de las salsas pican.
Charpie
9:45p, 6/7/20
In reply to RGV AG
Well when you live in Austin and you go home and crave fideo, and you mom moved to New Hampshire, it works
RGV AG
9:50p, 6/7/20
In reply to Charpie
Well you do have a point there. Your mom left the valley and went to NH? ADM, talk about a culture change.

Don't get me wrong, lots of people love Taco Palenque, a couple that we are very close to absolutely love it, they swear by it. I live about 500 yards from the one on south 10th, but their food just just doesn't move the needle for me all that much.

I wonder with the Covid if they will still have the chip and salsa bar? I did like the pepinos and radishes on there.
Comeby!
10:48p, 6/8/20
Palenque Grill for fancy. Good Aggie friend of mine owns Casa Lopez, Spanish tapas. Over by my grandmas house.

Danny's for diner quality Mexican food. I like Taco Palenque, it's like the Whataburger of Mexican good.
Potcake
9:42p, 6/9/20
I miss going to NL and eating at Cadillac/El Dorado, Restaurante Tipico, Paseo Colon, and Al Rincon del Viejo.
RGV AG
9:56p, 6/9/20
In reply to Comeby!
Quote:

Danny's for diner quality Mexican food
You know, Danny's is actually pretty darn good food. Special place to me, my wife and I ate our first meal together as husband and wife at the Danny's in Mission, glamorous couple that we are. I used to eat at the one in Eagle Pass often when I drove weekly back and forth to Acuna from the Valley.

Some of their breakfast combo's are heaven sent.
Comeby!
10:31p, 6/9/20
In reply to RGV AG
Their breakfast is the bomb. I do remember eating their chips and salsa waiting on the order then having to scrape the grease off the roof of my mouth. I haven't eaten there in 10 years at least. I like the Tampiquea but I think I'd try the Corral plate because I remember the mollejas being good.
Comeby!
10:33p, 6/9/20
In reply to Potcake
Potcake said:

I miss going to NL and eating at Cadillac/El Dorado, Restaurante Tipico, Paseo Colon, and Al Rincon del Viejo.

Rincn del Viejo was good, enjoyed El Rancho and La Palapa before they came to Laredo. Hell, I miss Firenzi's and Vivant's. Got picked up once at Las Cascadas.
RGV AG
10:44p, 6/9/20
In reply to Comeby!
Quote:

Rincn del Viejo was good
El Rincon del Viejo was a great place, I think the second best cabrito I have ever had in my life was there circa 1992 or 1993. That was the one place I really liked in Nuevo Laredo. Their tortillas were special too. I loved sitting outside at that place. I haven't spent too much time in either Laredo, but I always remember that place.
Comeby!
11:06p, 6/9/20
In reply to RGV AG
Te dejaron regresar cabron?
RGV AG
12:11a, 6/10/20
In reply to Comeby!
Es que en esos tiempos tenia lana y la podia gastar de a madre....y aparte andaba con una princesita de Monclova en esas fechas. Para verla tenia que ir para los Laredo's, ella no venia pal' Valle
Comeby!
12:33a, 6/10/20
In reply to RGV AG
Che mandilon!
La ma en esos tiempos era Srta Nvo Laredo.
MarylandAG
3:51p, 1/8/21
Fajitas at Las Palmas on Saunders
Enchilads or a mexican plate at Glass Kitchen
Tacos at Tacolare
A lonche de ternera at Loncheria El Popo
El Meson downtown is good

Drive down to Zapata (home sweet home) for a chicken fried steak at El Paraiso and fried chicken at either Dianas (if still there) or Hawks Landing

Laredo has solid Mexican food, some of the best I have ever had.
CLOSE
Cancel
Copy Topic Link to Clipboard
Back
Copy
Page 1 of 1
Verify your student status Register
See Membership Benefits >
CLOSE
Night mode
Off
Auto-detect device settings