1836 Texas Kitchen
180,528 Views | 1210 Replies
Dro07
6:10p, 1/26/20
Javis was good. Service was excellent. Usually service lacks when a place opens up but this place was on point!

Food was good but not great. Had the white Queso as an app and the carne asada. Carnde asade has a unique taste but def good. The side it came with wasn't my fav, wish it came with rice and beans instead.

Had 3 dif types of margs and thought the jalapeo one was the better one.

Restaurant was cool but the man dining room is LOUD. All hard ceilings so noise bouncing everywhere. Someone said that's the bar area was more dampened.

All in all we will prob go back again. Someone said the sour cream enchiladas were good so I may try that next.
Post removed:
by user
6:33p, 1/26/20
Dro07
6:37p, 1/26/20
RockOn
8:35a, 1/27/20
I don't usually venture down south, but had to yesterday. Old JV used to look so nice but now its just a smattering of fast food signs... so sad.
wilhunting
5:27p, 1/27/20
Any Lindale Aggies on this thread?
Dro07
11:12p, 1/27/20
Nah we usually send them to the rivalry board when lindale folk show up.
wilhunting
8:47a, 1/28/20
In reply to Dro07
Interesting - during my decade of lurking the ETX forum you really do have it out for Lindale. Quite honesty your take on the town is the first negative thing I've seen and/or heard about it.
Dro07
8:54a, 1/28/20
In reply to wilhunting
I'm from here. its a rivalry thing don't read too much into it.
AGC
10:10a, 1/28/20
How's the cannery working out for them? Surely fully leased and in high demand, right?
Dro07
11:10a, 1/28/20
In reply to AGC
What's that?
AGC
1:26p, 1/28/20
In reply to Dro07
dromo07 said:

What's that?

The redevelopment project that houses their TJC extension, the pink pistol, and love and war (now Texas music city grill).
Dro07
2:46p, 1/28/20
In reply to AGC
Interesting didn't know that.

speaking of which has anyone tried Texas music grill in town? haven't been yet.
AsburyAg
3:17p, 1/28/20
I've been a couple of times. I enjoyed it. I think I had the brisket tacos - a combination of two of my food loves. BarBQ & TexMex. I can't remember what my wife had, but I know she enjoyed it.
Post removed:
by user
6:30p, 1/28/20
Stive
1:57p, 1/30/20
I've eaten at the new little Thai place just south of Fresh a few times now. Not bad. A little more expensive than Chiang Mai but closer to my office so that's a wash for me.

Food is decent but service is typically slow and I don't go in during crowded times.
RockOn
9:30a, 2/5/20
I can't remember if I posted this already but Teodora's Enchiladas at 1813 E Duncan St, 75702 is pretty amazing. I highly recommend it.
AGC
1:44p, 2/7/20
I am disappointed I learned about Sum 2 Eat from a source other than TexAgs. You should all feel bad.
Dro07
4:32p, 2/7/20
Sounds... umm... The heck is that?
Txgunrnnr
4:54p, 2/7/20
In reply to Dro07
Soul food, I think. Haven't been there.
“If I had asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses.” -Henry Ford

#FJB
RockOn
11:25p, 2/7/20
You might also like Uncle Jack's kitchen on Palace.
AGC
7:10a, 2/8/20
In reply to Txgunrnnr
Txgunrnnr said:

Correct. Soul food and kool aid. Right around the corner from Loggins. They have a FB page where they post a video each day with the menu.
AGC
7:10a, 2/8/20
In reply to RockOn
RockOn said:

You might also like Uncle Jack's kitchen on Palace.

Go on...
Post removed:
by user
8:20a, 2/8/20
Aggie09Derek
8:51a, 2/8/20
In reply to AGC
AGC said:

Txgunrnnr said:

Correct. Soul food and kool aid. Right around the corner from Loggins. They have a FB page where they post a video each day with the menu.

https://www.facebook.com/Sum2EatTylerTx/

I've never been but have watched some of her videos. Pretty entertaining and food some days looks pretty good.
J_Landes89
12:05a, 2/9/20
In reply to AGC
AGC said:

I am disappointed I learned about Sum 2 Eat from a source other than TexAgs. You should all feel bad.

SUM 2 EAT IS FANTASTIC
Strong Men Armed
7:11p, 2/11/20
Lindale resident here... fairly recent arrival. Nice little town, steadily growing, great public schools. Rumor has it we'll get a CFA near the I-20/US-69 intersection. The drive to Tyler is fairly short. We like it.
Dro07
12:57p, 3/18/20
This thread is about to boom for all the wrong reasons unfortunately
AsburyAg
6:54p, 3/18/20
Try The Dinner Table. It's in the same shopping center as Hobby Lobby. It's casseroles and other dishes you can take home to cook then or later. Good food. Good people. The party chicken is like chicken cordon blue in a pan.

Right now you order online and pickup. They bring it out to the car.

www.thedinnertabletyler.com
J_Landes89
2:09a, 3/21/20
Roast is closing
Dro07
11:49a, 3/21/20
In reply to J_Landes89
I like going out of business or closing?

Stanley's closed for the next two weeks
J_Landes89
1:57a, 3/23/20
In reply to Dro07
I think permanently closed
Dro07
9:15a, 3/23/20
In reply to J_Landes89
I went there twice and it wasn't for me but it still sucks if true. I wonder if Stanley's was keeping them afloat or was that place busy?
Josepi
10:36a, 3/23/20
Just confirmed that Roast is permanently closed.
I hate that for the owners. Roast made the best Old Fashioned in town.
J_Landes89
4:21a, 3/24/20
In reply to Dro07
Just my guess at the Stanley's / Roast (same owners) siuation.

$$$ stretched thin to renovate and add on at Stanley's. This eco/virus could not have been a more lethal time for them financially.

You either shut down Roast (which for all we may know was losing more than making) and keep focusing on the crown jewel (stanley's)

Or try to float both and really have to lay off even more people etc to get by and risk it all...

Just my two cents, again.
Stive
1:49p, 3/25/20
In reply to J_Landes89
I think that's probably a solid assumption.
CLOSE
Cancel
Copy Topic Link to Clipboard
Back
Copy
Page 22 of 35
Verify your student status Register
See Membership Benefits >
CLOSE
Night mode
Off
Auto-detect device settings