Beaumont
1,785 Views | 9 Replies
BartInLA
11:12a, 11/30/23
There's a university opening at Lamar. My opinion has not been high about Beaumont although this opinion has been as a result of word of mouth.
I'm used to living in Houston area suburbs, Dallas, Denton, and Commerce. I like the woods and dislike too much concrete. My wife would have to find a job at a hospital.

Advice/opinions about Beaumont?
TIA
AsburyAg
7:57a, 12/1/23
You might try posting this in the Houston board. I know for me, Beaumont may as well be Houston.
Big Cat `93
9:51a, 12/1/23
It's not as bad as people who don't live there say. That said, check out some of the towns around Beaumont. Nederland is a very short drive from the Lamar campus. Also, Lumberton is growing, and they have some nice new neighborhoods. The west end of Beaumont proper is a good area if you're looking in town.

I live in the south end of Silsbee. My wife works in Beaumont, and I drive there to the gym every day. The only bad part is going through Lumberton when the school zones are in effect. I went to Lamar a couple of years before transferring to A&M. I commuted (I lived halfway between Silsbee and Kountze back then), and it wasn't bad at all.
12Gage87
6:42p, 12/1/23
Paging @DermDoc
AggieGunslinger
11:08a, 12/4/23
Lumberton would be my choice, but I like SE Texas. Most towns are what you make of them honestly.
cevans_40
9:36a, 12/12/23
Lived in Lumberton for 5 years and would do it again.
Buford T. Justice
6:07a, 12/21/23
Do some flood research before buying.
"Gimme a diablo sandwhich and a dr. pepper...to go"
Buford T. Justice
4:40p, 12/21/23
In reply to Buford T. Justice
With that said, take a look at homes/land for sale off of FM 779 out of Kountze.
Buford T. Justice
7:23p, 12/21/23
In reply to Buford T. Justice
Sorry, FM 770
Big Cat `93
9:32a, 12/22/23
There's a couple of nice places out there.
CLOSE
Cancel
Copy Topic Link to Clipboard
Back
Copy
Page 1 of 1
Verify your student status Register
See Membership Benefits >
CLOSE
Night mode
Off
Auto-detect device settings