Beaumont

1,730 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 4 mo ago by Big Cat `93
BartInLA
How long do you want to ignore this user?
There's a university opening at Lamar. My opinion has not been high about Beaumont although this opinion has been as a result of word of mouth.
I'm used to living in Houston area suburbs, Dallas, Denton, and Commerce. I like the woods and dislike too much concrete. My wife would have to find a job at a hospital.

Advice/opinions about Beaumont?
TIA
AsburyAg
AG
You might try posting this in the Houston board. I know for me, Beaumont may as well be Houston.
Big Cat `93
AG
It's not as bad as people who don't live there say. That said, check out some of the towns around Beaumont. Nederland is a very short drive from the Lamar campus. Also, Lumberton is growing, and they have some nice new neighborhoods. The west end of Beaumont proper is a good area if you're looking in town.

I live in the south end of Silsbee. My wife works in Beaumont, and I drive there to the gym every day. The only bad part is going through Lumberton when the school zones are in effect. I went to Lamar a couple of years before transferring to A&M. I commuted (I lived halfway between Silsbee and Kountze back then), and it wasn't bad at all.
12Gage87
AG
Paging @DermDoc
AggieGunslinger
AG
Lumberton would be my choice, but I like SE Texas. Most towns are what you make of them honestly.
cevans_40
AG
Lived in Lumberton for 5 years and would do it again.
Buford T. Justice
AG
Do some flood research before buying.
"Gimme a diablo sandwhich and a dr. pepper...to go"
Buford T. Justice
AG
With that said, take a look at homes/land for sale off of FM 779 out of Kountze.
Buford T. Justice
AG
Sorry, FM 770
Big Cat `93
AG
There's a couple of nice places out there.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.