Buried Electric Contractors

800 Views | 1 Replies | Last: 29 days ago by will.mcg
gravitartx
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Howdy, hoping someone can point me in the right direction of an electrical contractor that can bury ~40' of electric line to a home my grandfather has in the Winnsboro area. The bad storm that came through last summer knocked a tree onto the line from the pole and ripped down the pipe in the roof that goes to the meter box, and we are wanting to get it ran underground from the pole to the house since this is the 2nd time it's happened.

We've gotten a couple quotes, both want the line buried 4' underground which seems excessive to us. I don't know local code though. Hoping someone has experience with a contractor up there they would recommend. Thanks in advance.
will.mcg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I can't recommend a local contractor. I am in south Texas & did this myself.

AEP is the provider here & had a spec they sent me. For the main service coming from my pole they specified 4" conduit whose top was 36" deep. So another 8" down doesn't seem outrageous.

I would find out if your local provider will let anyone do the work, if so look up a local backhoe operator & it should be a pretty easy job for him/her.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.