Key Allegro Bridge Update
17,382 Views | 135 Replies
drmwvr
9:08p, 1/14/23
BETTER LEAVE MY FRENCH HAMBURGER STEAK ALONE!!!!!!
Brush Country Ag
9:15p, 1/14/23
The fried shrimp and the hamburger steak are the untouchables as far as I'm concerned! Will be there again this coming week…I'll report any changes I see.
YouBet
8:56a, 1/15/23
Still never had the hamburger steak.
drmwvr
8:08p, 1/21/23
Update- Landscaping has begun and the road has been resurfaced and striped. Anytime know what is happening on the ACND land?

YouBet
8:27p, 1/21/23
In reply to drmwvr
Always been perplexed by that piece of land. Do something with it! Someone!

I do know that blue house backed up against the road there (to the right of that tractor outside of your picture frame) was for sale. I have no idea if that was privately owned or what.
drmwvr
8:40p, 1/21/23
The north portion is privately held and and the south is owned by the ACND. Something will happen one day for sure as it is prime real estate.
drmwvr
8:43p, 1/21/23
The blue house and land is private
drmwvr
4:08p, 1/22/23
Bridge and dredge work from earlier today. Beautiful day to be on the water!

YouBet
4:21p, 1/22/23
In reply to drmwvr
Boat clearance is much lower than the old bridge, right?
drmwvr
7:15p, 1/22/23
It's higher than the old bridge for sure. However, I doubt I'll be able to clear it with my fixed t-top. Couldn't get close enough to know for sure due the the yellow float barrier but it didn't pass the eyeball test. Also, as I'm sure you know, the water is a foot or so low due to the winter weather so it will have less clearance during most of the year.
drmwvr
10:40p, 2/18/23
Not bridge related but since the forum is slow recently, I thought I would share some work happening on the little bay south jetties. Much needed work to help stem erosion from the predominant SE wind!

YouBet
10:21a, 2/19/23
In reply to drmwvr
Do we know when they are going to build the bird sanctuary in Aransas Bay off east side of KA?
drmwvr
7:15a, 2/20/23
In reply to YouBet
I believe I read that the spoil material was going to come from the KA canal dredging project (or a portion of). Not sure of the schedule of that work. Perhaps the jetty work is the first phase? The yearly HOA meeting is this coming Saturday so looking to get more info then.
Whitehouse Road
12:08p, 2/20/23
The jetty repairs aren't related. Just a stand-alone project using what little funding is available to repair what can be repaired.
drmwvr
7:22p, 3/3/23
Huge controlled burn (?) today on 35 between Tivoli and Lamar (on way to RP). On the other side of the road from the wildlife refuge.

TxTarpon
5:17p, 3/13/23
In reply to drmwvr
That has been "prime real estate" since the 1970s.
Yeah, really odd no one developed anything there.
RethinkTheWeekend
2:16p, 1/24/24
In reply to drmwvr
It sure does look like there is some sort of new development going on with the ACND land? Last time I went by there was new signage and it looked like the mowdy rental boats were not there. You hear anything?
drmwvr
1:42p, 1/25/24
In reply to RethinkTheWeekend
Murmurs I have heard is that it will be a dry stack one day.
YouBet
3:02p, 1/28/24
In reply to drmwvr
drmwvr said:

Murmurs I have heard is that it will be a dry stack one day.
Dumb question: what does this mean?
drmwvr
6:17p, 1/28/24
In reply to YouBet
Multi level enclosed boat storage like Cove Harbor
https://www.coveharbormarina.com/
YouBet
6:31p, 1/28/24
In reply to drmwvr
drmwvr said:

Multi level enclosed boat storage like Cove Harbor
https://www.coveharbormarina.com/

Ah ok.
drmwvr
7:37p, 2/9/24
After driving by today, it appears that the ACND is placing dredging spoils on the land they own. They are cleaning up some of the channels and canals. You can see the dredging barge in these photos.

YouBet
7:46p, 2/9/24
Noticed this a couple of days ago.
drmwvr
3:26p, 2/10/24
Pics of the spoil area from the water today

drmwvr
5:45p, 3/16/24
Key Allegro bridge related because with the bridge complete, long overdue revetment work can begin on the south east side of the island.

YouBet
11:23a, 3/17/24
When does that new bird sanctuary island get built?
drmwvr
1:42p, 3/17/24
I would be surprised to ever see that built TBH
RethinkTheWeekend
10:20p, 3/27/24
In reply to drmwvr
I look at those pictures I don't see the cranes and can only think "I hope I was on the water that day". Bay is amazingly calm in that pic and weather has been great.

They were moving a lot of stone/rocks when I have been there. This might have been crawfish fest weekend which was WAY bigger than I was anticipating and Oysterfest crawfish fest could probably be a thread on its own.
YouBet
2:15p, 3/28/24
drmwvr
8:17p, 3/29/24
YB- no telling what you wanted to say but I'll answer- You Bet!
YouBet
8:31a, 3/30/24
Ha. I hit Post by accident without saying anything. My only issue on this work is what happens to the ground after they are done. They have pallets down for the tractors to sit on but the ground has been murdered. I assume they are going to put grass down or do some level of repair after they are done. Can't imagine that's not in the plan.
CLOSE
Cancel
Copy Topic Link to Clipboard
Back
Copy
Page 4 of 4
Verify your student status Register
See Membership Benefits >
CLOSE
Night mode
Off
Auto-detect device settings