Key Allegro Revetment Work

744 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 20 days ago by Buford T. Justice
YouBet
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
So, the work has shifted down Bay Shore and is now near us. Currently, they are pulling mud/dirt out of the water. Are they making it deeper in order to then add rock like they did in earlier phases?

We did not have existing rock by us as the water is shallower and easier to access as opposed to the shoreline closer to KAYC and the bridge.

We've missed all the HOA meetings so I'm not completely up to speed.
Whitehouse Road
AG
I'm not sure exactly which area you are associated with, but the groins and revetment would have some excavation to bury the toes to protect from scour. There were some areas that needed random material to be pulled out of the way prior to installation. Some of that is existing rock that is going to be dug up, separated, and reused.
YouBet
AG
Whitehouse Road said:

I'm not sure exactly which area you are associated with, but the groins and revetment would have some excavation to bury the toes to protect from scour. There were some areas that needed random material to be pulled out of the way prior to installation. Some of that is existing rock that is going to be dug up, separated, and reused.

Makes sense. Thanks.
drmwvr
AG
Pics of ongoing work from my walk this morning. Bonus sunset image from last night, it was spectacular as usual.

YouBet
AG
I take it the new rock berms are permanent. Not a big fan of that but whatevs.
RethinkTheWeekend
AG
Youbet - yes I think permanent. It's probably a better option than the ocean eating the island and the road. At least the rocks are not painted burnt orange.
Buford T. Justice
AG
I miss Key Allegro.
Thanks for posting the pictures.
That took me back down memory lane of early morning runs along that stretch as the sun was rising.
"Gimme a diablo sandwhich and a dr. pepper...to go"
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.