Ford F150 vs Ram 1500

2,412 Views | 49 Replies | Last: 10 yr ago by AgsWin2011
jimscott85
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I've purchased two F-150s and one Ram 1500 over the last 10 years. I have not OWNED a new Ram 1500 since my 2004 model (Hemi), but I've driven quite a few since then.

It's hard to explain, but I just like the feel of the F-150. All the Rams I've driven just felt like a boat for some reason. The F-150s also seem to maintain their visual appeal (which really shouldn't be a driving factor) to me much better than the Rams have. Even the newest body of the Ram just turns me off.

All this is just personal preference (feel and appeal).
SpicewoodAg
AG
I like the looks of the current Ram. I hated the prior generation or two with the "big rig" look.

The new one for some reason just looks smaller and leaner. It has the me-too tailgate lip that has been copied from Ford. But otherwise is not a big rectangular box like the Chevy and Ford.
MouthBQ98
AG
quote:
CR is doing its best turn every vehicle into a ****ing crossover. They absolutely do not understand form and function.

I think they understand it, but they complain on EVERY truck review about how tall they are. Duh. They are trucks, they are GOING to be high clearance. Why even mention it.
FlyFish95
quote:
All the Chevys I've owned made it easily past 250k with only minor issues. I've got an uncle with a little over 350k on his and a buddy about to roll over 500k. All gas engines.

Given the amount of new trucks on the road vs older models, it doesn't really seem like most people drive their truck long enough to get to 150k any way.
MouthBQ98
AG
More options for me.
SpicewoodAg
AG
quote:
Given the amount of new trucks on the road vs older models, it doesn't really seem like most people drive their truck long enough to get to 150k any way.

It may just look that way. There are fewer pickups sold today than 10 years ago. Ford used to sell almost 1M F series per year. Fell as low as 413,000 in 2009, now back up to a bit over 700,000.

I'm pretty sure the same is true with other brands. The Tundra did not steal all of its sales from Ford.
Gigemags05
AG
I see far more old gm's than anything else. Ford next. That says a lot to me. People brag that ford is the best seller and most work trucks are fords. That's simply because they are the cheapest.

I feel like a gm product will last the longest.
Of course, I'm not sure I like the looks of the new body so I might get a ford next anyways, haha.
They're all good trucks. Get what you like
Corps_Ag12
AG
quote:

I know I will! That thing was expensive!
milkman00
AG
Isn't Ford the top seller because GM has GMC and Silverado, which combined would be greater than Ford?
schmendeler
AG
That's how it was pre-recession.
mm98
AG
In my very limited experience I'd also say GMs are easier for DIY repairs.

Again, just in my limited exp.
CATAGBQ04
AG
Limited experience is limited
tx4guns
AG
Say goodbye to working on your own truck with these new models. Electronic everything.
MouthBQ98
AG
The mechanical parts are all fundamentally the same, but you need a computer to ask the car what it is doing.
Tagguy
AG
quote:
Say goodbye to working on your own truck with these new models. Electronic everything.

RIP
AgsWin2011
AG
Tundra is the best built truck in my opinion. I was at the Ford dealership getting my wife's explorer oil changed. The guy helping me asked what I drove and said I just got a new Tundra. He whispered to me that the Tundra was by far the best built truck. Even though I already thought that it was nice to have some reassurance.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.