Hidden Falls
3,657 Views | 29 Replies
PharmD4
7:04a, 6/24/23
Recently posted about switching my daily driver from a pickup to a GX460.

https://texags.com/forums/46/topics/3379097

Earlier this week, I took my dad to Hidden Falls Adventure Park as a Father's Day gift to test out our rigs. It was my first time in the trails and we had an absolute blast.

I'm an offroading novice, so maybe others have a different opinion…but after spending a full day on the trails, it left me with a very positive impression. Plenty of options ranging in difficulty, helpful staff, free range to explore trails at your risk. Overall, great experience and would highly recommend.

'03ag
8:08a, 6/24/23
Overland bro mods imminent
Howdy Dammit
11:31a, 6/24/23
I live not far from there on 1431. Always see jeeps on flatbeds that are completely destroyed. Lol
Complete Idiot
9:53p, 6/24/23
I took my 80 series and 100 series out there, but I keep it pretty tame. Still had fun.

Street Fighter
6:46p, 6/25/23
In reply to Complete Idiot
Someone doesnt know how to wheel, has a ****ty spotter, or both.
CanyonAg77
5:56p, 6/26/23
In reply to PharmD4
Quote:

Hidden Falls Adventure Park

Are we all supposed to know where this is?
JB
8:47p, 6/26/23
In reply to CanyonAg77
CanyonAg77 said:

Quote:

It's a pretty popular central Tx offroad park. Mostly mild. Great views from the top. Some fun creek trails. Easy drive from Austin or San Antonio.

The "harder" trails are mostly loose rock, uphill type stuff. If you want real crawling, you're likely going to K Rocks or Wolf Caves a little further west.

Well run park though. Its been around awhile now.
D Nauti
9:11p, 6/26/23
East of Marble Falls about 10 miles on 1431.

It's the middle to the top of the canyon that Lake Travis is in on the north side of 1431.
CanyonAg77
10:12p, 6/26/23
Thanks, it just cracks me up when people on a state, nation, and world-wide forum assume that it's a local board.
PharmD4
10:26p, 6/26/23
In reply to CanyonAg77
CanyonAg77 said:

Thanks, it just cracks me up when people on a state, nation, and world-wide forum assume that it's a local board.

I think most people assume that anyone who can access a message board could also copy the same thing you copied for your reply into a browser and hit search.

I think most people also assume that *most* folks here are from Texas (or are familiar with Texas). Ya know, since the "world-wide forum" has Texas in the name.
CanyonAg77
10:34p, 6/26/23
In reply to PharmD4
And I think it's rude to make someone else Google for you.

Texas is not just Central Texas. It's a big place, if you haven't noticed
PharmD4
10:37p, 6/26/23
In reply to CanyonAg77
CanyonAg77 said:

Sorry. I could see how you might have mistaken it for the gulf coast, piney woods, or northern plains.

We'll all be sure to include city, state, and postal code for all future posts as not to disorient you.
Garrelli 5000
5:02a, 6/27/23
In reply to CanyonAg77
CanyonAg77 said:

To be fair this wasn't nearly as egregious as the BCS goobers that think every post on Texags was written by and for someone in BCS.

The guys who start a thread on the automotive board "Any recs for a local shop to fix XYZ?" or home improvement "I think my A/C bit the dust, any honest techs you recommend?"

Take the trash out staff.
aggiedata
5:59a, 6/27/23
In reply to Garrelli 5000
Check out Classifieds.

50% don't include place, which is one of the 4 Ps of marketing
JeremiahJohnson
8:32a, 6/27/23
Any of y'all driven Disney Land?
JeremiahJohnson
8:33a, 6/27/23
Oh sorry I forgot that's in Anaheim, California. Don't want to confuse people on the location of well known adventure parks.
CanyonAg77
8:34a, 6/27/23
In reply to PharmD4
PharmD4 said:

CanyonAg77 said:

Sorry. I could see how you might have mistaken it for the gulf coast, piney woods, or northern plains.

We'll all be sure to include city, state, and postal code for all future posts as not to disorient you.

Okay. Want to join me at Hidden Falls sometime?

Hint: It's in Armstrong County
Naveronski
8:52a, 6/27/23
In reply to CanyonAg77
You're being intentionally obtuse.
CanyonAg77
8:56a, 6/27/23
In reply to Naveronski
Naveronski said:

By requesting clarity and courtesy, and pointing out that names are not exclusive?
Howdy Dammit
8:59a, 6/27/23
In reply to Naveronski
Naveronski said:

He's clearly from Arizona based on his username. Cut him some slack.
Complete Idiot
9:25a, 6/27/23
It applies to so many posts - whether it be an athletic recruit, restaurant, entertainment (band, movie, show), service provider, destination. Not everyone is going to give you all background details, locations, phone numbers, synopsis. I definitely can get an almost aggravated feeling (driven by my own fear of missing out I guess?) when I don't know the reference. But I then decide if I am interested or not, and if interested I simply use my mouse to highlight the reference in question, right click, and choose "search google for <text>". Like Armstrong County (Texas I assume, not Pennsylvania).
javajaws
9:33a, 6/27/23
Complete Idiot said:

It applies to so many posts - whether it be an athletic recruit, restaurant, entertainment (band, movie, show), service provider, destination. Not everyone is going to give you all background details, locations, phone numbers, synopsis. I definitely can get an almost aggravated feeling (driven by my own fear of missing out I guess?) when I don't know the reference. But I then decide if I am interested or not, and if interested I simply use my mouse to highlight the reference in question, right click, and choose "search google for <text>". Like Armstrong County (Texas I assume, not Pennsylvania).
Username does NOT check out.
Naveronski
9:42a, 6/27/23
Complete Idiot said:

Adding a photo for reference, because apparently some people need everything handed to them.

maverick2076
7:31p, 6/27/23
The shooting range out there is pretty good too. I kept a membership for a couple years.
Tim Weaver
6:54a, 6/28/23
I swear to GOD if you kids don't SHUTUP I'm turning this car around and going home!
Street Fighter
12:00p, 6/29/23
In reply to CanyonAg77
CanyonAg77 said:

Quote:

If you wheel in TX you know, if not, then WTF do you care?

Everyone wants to be a pansy these days!
Shane431
9:59p, 7/3/23
In reply to Street Fighter
Street Fighter said:

CanyonAg77 said:

Quote:

If you wheel in TX you know, if not, then WTF do you care?

Everyone wants to be a pansy these days!

He may want to take his Subaru out there. Da!
HollywoodBQ
11:10p, 4/17/24
Went out there on the Thursday before the Eclipse, overall, a lot of fun and very well run.

Trail wise, if you've driven a Humvee or an Abrams Tank at Fort Hood, it's basically the same terrain.

Next time, I would definitely download their navigation app and trails before heading out on the trail. They give you a paper map for whatever you're doing - Full Size, ATV, or Motorcycle.

The problem we ran into was the fact that these three types of trails criss-cross each other and it's easy to find yourself on the wrong trails - other than the motorcycle trails which are single track.

If you've got a 4 Wheel Drive and have never put it in 4-Lo, there are plenty of great opportunities out there. And if you bring your wife or girlfriend, they have clean bathrooms and a gift shop.

Unlike my Big Bend trip last December, at Hidden Falls, you're never too far away from the HQ if you wind up getting in trouble.

And since half this thread was Canyon and folks going back and forth, I have a co-worker in Colorado who told me that he was thinking about taking his Jeep down to Texas to go to Merus Adventure Park in Palo Duro Canyon.
https://merusadventure.com/
HDeathstar
7:56a, 4/18/24
Son has a basic Jeep, and I have always wanted to go to the place. Looks fun. We would be on the Very Beginner course, but would be a good outing for the day. Be interesting to watch some of the others on the difficult courses. Always good to test and see others do it.

Glad to see you had fun.
MouthBQ98
8:34a, 4/18/24
I've had my X out there a couple of times to test some upgrades I made. It is mostly just driving up and down hill country limestone hills terrain but some of the trails can be pretty steep with big shelf drop offs and definitely require a built crawler. Most are manageable in a good 4wD with a little bit of experience and a spotter for some of the tougher bits.

I've always been there solo with no spotter, which occasionally results in "put it in low-1 and keep the RPM steady and hope for the best" in a few spots, but generally it is a good place to get some practice in.
CLOSE
Cancel
Copy Topic Link to Clipboard
Back
Copy
Page 1 of 1
Verify your student status Register
See Membership Benefits >
CLOSE
Night mode
Off
Auto-detect device settings