Next gen 4runner - 2025
11,669 Views | 109 Replies
TitanAGGIE09
8:41p, 4/9/24
I like it and hate it as well. The side profile looks like someone welded a camper on the back of a Tacoma. Agree it just doesn't flow at all down those body lines for me.
aggiedata
9:17p, 4/9/24

tk for tu juan
9:25p, 4/9/24
Picard
9:31p, 4/9/24
Just watched the TFL reveal. It's interesting. I really don't like the high curved back side windows and that back seat looks smaller than the 5th gen.

Hard to say, but this 5th Gen 4Runner owner may go Land Cruiser the next time around.

Picard
9:32p, 4/9/24
Oh, and that TrailHunter trim has gotta be WAY expensive!

Buck Turgidson
9:51p, 4/9/24
Toyota seems to create a lot of heavily overlapping vehicles that would seem to cannibalize market share from each other. How is this not going to take away sales from the new, cheaper, Land Cruiser?
Buck Turgidson
9:52p, 4/9/24
I kinda like the way it looks. However, the back seat appears pretty cramped.
tk for tu juan
11:17p, 4/9/24
Noticed in the TFL video there is a similar issue to the Land Cruiser where mud/dirt can get into a small gap between the rear door and wheel well, the gap is directly above and forward of the rear tire. Just have to avoid leaning against the door opening or your pants look like 9:35 in video below

Head Ninja In Charge
2:43a, 4/10/24
Looks over-styled to me, especially the front end.
Bob Kelso
8:15a, 4/10/24
Will be built in Japan. That's good to hear.
aggiedata
10:35a, 4/10/24
Some Jeep like colors

Head Ninja In Charge
11:00a, 4/10/24
NGL, those Trailhunter wheels are beautiful. I need them.
AustinCountyAg
1:24p, 4/10/24
any pictures of a limited model? not sure how I feel about these. The front door looks twice the size as the back.
drewser95
1:35p, 4/10/24
In reply to AustinCountyAg
I think the light blue one in the earlier photos is a Limited. I haven't seen any of the Platinum, SR5 or any of the non-Pro TRDs.
GAC06
2:08p, 4/10/24
Is this pretty much the same size as the LC? And same engine?
Lt. Joe Bookman
2:32p, 4/10/24
Really like the new looks. The 5th gen got a little too close to soccer mom car styling for me.

Haven't dove into the specs, yet though.
Head Ninja In Charge
2:42p, 4/10/24
In reply to Lt. Joe Bookman
Lt. Joe Bookman said:

Really like the new looks. The 5th gen got a little too close to soccer mom car styling for me.

Wait until you get a load of the 4th gen Runner.
FIDO*98*
4:11p, 4/10/24

Furlock Bones
4:30p, 4/10/24
In reply to FIDO*98*
Hell yea Runner Brother.
aggiepaintrain
4:52p, 4/10/24
needs bigger head lights and grill
Lines are off
won't matter tho
AgRN16
5:56p, 4/10/24
In reply to ktownag08
ktownag08 said:

Toyota helped me cross an SUV off the list with this release. Agree with other poster noting lack of flow to the design. Just doesn't appeal to me.

It's somewhat disappointing though too since I've been driving the current gen 4Runner for 7 years and was really hoping they'd nail the design for the new version.

GX or Landcruiser it is for my next one....

I'm with this 100%. Though it may be a while for me, as I LOVE my '19 TRD Pro (especially the no payments bit ).
HUEY04
7:42p, 4/10/24
In reply to aggiepaintrain
Never thought I would read a vehicle needs bigger lights... If you could completely minimize them that would be a huge improvement imo. I'm usually the one who takes a long time to warm up to new designs but my initial reaction to this one is that I really like it. I'm just hoping it will have enough headroom to be a contender for my next vehicle, not optimistic based on every other Toyota I've ever sat in though.
bam02
7:47p, 4/10/24
In reply to FIDO*98*
Aw damnit now I won't be able to unsee that.
bam02
7:49p, 4/10/24
Profile looks like a beefed up Xterra
ac04
7:57p, 4/10/24
just read that the snorkel is a mandatory option on the trailhunter. wish i could give that more than just one thumb down.
bam02
8:22p, 4/10/24
In reply to ac04
Agreed. That's an eye-roller.
YouBet
9:55p, 4/10/24
In reply to Buck Turgidson
Buck Turgidson said:

Toyota seems to create a lot of heavily overlapping vehicles that would seem to cannibalize market share from each other. How is this not going to take away sales from the new, cheaper, Land Cruiser?

Wondered about this since they downgraded the Land Cruiser. There can be a fine line between maximizing revenue with the right product mix and pricing and giving customers the ability to arbitrage you.

Either Toyota thinks they have mastered this mix or they are playing the 4R against the LC to see which one will win out.
bam02
10:05p, 4/10/24
I bet the T4R and LC have a pretty significant price difference when it's all said and done. I don't think the new LC is going to be as affordable as it first seemed.
drmwvr
5:54a, 4/11/24
Things that make you go hmmmmm
chris1515
7:23a, 4/11/24
In reply to bam02
bam02 said:

I bet the T4R and LC have a pretty significant price difference when it's all said and done. I don't think the new LC is going to be as affordable as it first seemed.

I think a potential buyer will look at the Limited 4R at $57K or so and think "for another $7-8K I can get the LC or the base level GX."

Then it becomes a matter of style preference and availability and dealer markup.

Yeah, Toyota set it up to potentially cannibalize sales between their SUVs, but I think they also set it up to have excellent competition across the entire off-road capable SUV segment. Jeep, Bronco, LandRover, G wagon all now have a Toyota product as a reasonable competitor. And, we still haven't seen the mini-LC which is coming sometime.
bam02
7:49a, 4/11/24
In reply to chris1515
Mini-LC??? For real? Like a 2 door or more like a Bronco Sport?
chris1515
8:26a, 4/11/24
In reply to bam02
https://www.autoblog.com/2023/10/02/toyotas-miniature-land-cruiser-said-to-come-to-market-in-2024/

There's been a ton of buzz around this. I'm not sure anything official though.
Head Ninja In Charge
12:30p, 4/11/24
In reply to drmwvr
I still prefer the LC250 profile, but the 4Runner is starting to grow on me.
tlepoC
2:41p, 4/11/24
Too much fluff. That removable speaker nicely summarizes things for me. I'm not the market for the 6th gen. Will be looking at the LC if I need to move on from my 5th gen.
tk for tu juan
11:04p, 4/11/24
CLOSE
Cancel
Copy Topic Link to Clipboard
Back
Copy
Page 3 of 4
Verify your student status Register
See Membership Benefits >
CLOSE
Night mode