2024 Raptor R arrived…what to do with it?

6,342 Views | 49 Replies | Last: 12 days ago by PLUM LOCO
Cole Trickle
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
So, I "lucked" in to a spot on the list for a 2024 Raptor R in Carbonized Grey and it actually showed up last week. They want a 30K ADM (I knew this before but just wanted the right to the truck) so the drive out price is 155K. I am absolutely not buying this truck…that's insane. My question is…do yall think I could flip it and make some money, or should I just walk? People are crazy about these things right now but I just don't know if anyone would pay over 155K for it. I'm thinking the risk ain't worth the potential reward.
D Nauti
Check Bring a Trailer, the last one I remembered sold for $125000.
Cole Trickle
AG
That was a 2023. The only 2024 I've seen was a dealer selling it for 175K! But I also know some people aren't getting screwed by their dealers and getting MSRP. Other dealers are putting up to 50K ADM.
TxAg20
AG
I would buy it and resell it if I were you.

I will also pay you $5K (and obviously cover the purchase and dealer expenses) if the dealer will let you buy it under my Montana LLC.

Full disclosure, I'll offer it to my dad who is interested in buying one and if he doesn't want it I'll resell it on BaT.
Cole Trickle
AG
Well there ya go. Deal. Shoot me an email at cph0522 at hotmail. The truck is in NW Houston and I have to let them know tomorrow or Tuesday at the latest.
Buck Turgidson
Who would be dumb enough to fall for those markups in 2024? Just look at how that worked out for c8 buyers now that supply has caught up. Those markups are just lost money - instant depreciation.
Cole Trickle
AG
My opinion…people with straight up FU money. Like the Challenger Demon 170 or Porsche GTRS. Can't get them and they are the top of the line performance vehicle for the brand with very limited production.
TxAg20
AG
Email sent.
AgDad121619
AG
Dumb question but what makes the R version worth $60k more than a regular raptor?
Cole Trickle
AG
700 HP GT 500 engine. Well…and the limited production/can't get them factor
Yesterday
AG
Give Texas Auto Value in DFW a call. They'll tell you what they can buy it for. They give pretty good money on high end trucks like that.
JBLHAG03
AG
My wife would murder me as soon as I got home with it, but at least I could enjoy the drive back to Dallas.
cmiller00
AG
No idea but here's a 2023 from yesterday with 26K miles that got bid to $101K and didn't hit the reserve.

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/2023-ford-f-150-raptor-r-28/
Hungry Ojos
Bronco Raptors were going for $30k over…then $20k over…then $5k over, now you can get them at MSRP and even a little less. I feel really bad for all of the people that dropped $30k over when four months later, they are back at MSRP.
GarlandAg2012
AG
Raptors or Raptor R? There are only a few hundred Raptor Rs in existence.
TarponChaser
Hungry Ojos said:

Bronco Raptors were going for $30k over…then $20k over…then $5k over, now you can get them at MSRP and even a little less. I feel really bad for all of the people that dropped $30k over when four months later, they are back at MSRP.

Just like people did with the "First Edition" Broncos or whatever. They were listing them for $100K which was like $40K over MSRP, IIRC.

Don't know if they actually sold at that number though.
mts6175
AG
Hungry Ojos said:

Yea, but that's because it's a Bronco. The truck is a little bit different....
BenTheGoodAg
AG
I just don't think it's worth the risk in this soft market. I feel like if the market for a model at that price is there, the dealer is going to be able to find a buyer easier than you will. I know there are examples of people flipping cars over the dealer markup and coming out ahead, but often it doesn't work out for them.

Still think it's dumb that dealers can do this. With all the legal protections they've lobbied for, ADMs should be illegal.
Mas89
AG
YouBet
AG
Cole Trickle said:

So, I "lucked" in to a spot on the list for a 2024 Raptor R in Carbonized Grey and it actually showed up last week. They want a 30K ADM (I knew this before but just wanted the right to the truck) so the drive out price is 155K. I am absolutely not buying this truck…that's insane. My question is…do yall think I could flip it and make some money, or should I just walk? People are crazy about these things right now but I just don't know if anyone would pay over 155K for it. I'm thinking the risk ain't worth the potential reward.
Good lord. That is absurd.
JB
AG
GarlandAg2012 said:

Raptors or Raptor R? There are only a few hundred Raptor Rs in existence.

That true? Anywhere that shows real production numbers? I dunno, that just seems low
EMY92
AG
Ford doesn't share the breakdown of Raptor 35, 37, and R's.

There are more than a few hundred at this point. There are probably more than 2000, but less than 6,000.
BQ04
AG
ONE HUNDRED FIFTY-FIVE THOUSAND DOLLARS AND NO/100.

For a Ford truck.
GarlandAg2012
AG
EMY92 said:

Ford doesn't share the breakdown of Raptor 35, 37, and R's.

There are more than a few hundred at this point. There are probably more than 2000, but less than 6,000.
Yes a few hundred is too low. But it is not very many. There are like 3000 Ford dealers nationwide so we're talking around 1 allocation per dealer. It's very rare.
JB
AG
(36) 2023 R's have been auctioned on BaT in the last year.

Majority in the 130-150k range. Lots of DNRs as well.
TxAg20
AG
Mod #1: Remove stickers. Minus 15hp.

idAg09
Did you really give up another 5k on top of the 155k price?!?!?!? It's gorgeous but dayuuummmm!
Cole Trickle
AG
Great meeting you TxAg20. It's a beast of a truck!
TxAg20
AG
Great meeting you as well!
easttexasaggie04
AG
That's wild.
MoreCushing4thePushing
AG
TxAg20 said:

Mod #1: Remove stickers. Minus 15hp.

But more aerodynamic. Like a swimmer that shaves his legs.
Flaith
AG
yet another Texags hookup
TikkaShooter
I don't understand what happened here
Hungry Ojos
Some guy paid $160k for an F-150.
htxag09
AG
Hungry Ojos said:

I don't.....People who need the latest and greatest now have always paid a premium. Doesn't matter if it's a truck or virtual reality glasses....
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.