Talk me out of this?

4,259 Views | 44 Replies | Last: 14 days ago by Canyon99
dummble
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I am paying $0.05/kwh 10pm to 6pm. But I think the average in Houston is $0.13
The ER has a 131 KWH battery. Let for the sake of argument say he "fills" it up 5 times a month. - $85
Kraft Punk
Lmfao at trading in a great truck for ev garbage
dummble
AG
BlueSmoke
TRD for a Raptor? Maybe. A lightning? lol...
Nobody cares. Work Harder
JOHN2010
AG
Regardless of home charger setup, maintenance, tech, blah blah blah, trading a ICE for an EV is pretty dumb
TexAg1987
dummble said:

You are gonna go broke buying a 'New' truck every 20,000 miles.
Mas89
AG
dummble said:

At some point he looked at his dash and thought he could make it without stopping to charge in Winnie. That's not the trucks fault.
This is the problem with evs. Not everything in life is always predictable. Who wants to stop and charge one with a sick kid in the truck? Multiple things / emergencies can pop up without warning. I've needed to leave on 10 minutes notice several times over the years for a family emergency. I can always get gas on short notice.
aggieforester05
AG
dummble said:

Either they are or they are not. People still buy Maserati's, Land Rovers and Dodges.

I sold my last Dodge three years and thirty thousand miles later for $3K less than I bought it brand new. Least depreciation I've ever had on a vehicle. Electric cars are going to depreciate like a cell phone.

Big V8 > Electric motor + battery pack
AG
Hard to believe you could get $64k on trade.
Canyon99
Don't do this deal. Get someone to kick you in the balls and consider it punishment for even asking this question.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.