Going back to a truck and need advice

1,061 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 14 days ago by Logos Stick
cityagboy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Looking for advice

I bought a mid-size 3 row SUV a couple years ago because I thought I would use the extra seats with family stuff. Turns out I need a truck more often than I need the extra seats. I also simply miss the extra elbow and head space up front.

Looking for a used truck under $45k and under 50k miles. 4x4. Crew cab. It doesn't need all the bells and whistles but I also don't want a work truck. Not an HD

I have had the 3.5 eco boost before and would be open to that again or a similar V6 but I won't go smaller than that. So either that or a V8

Thoughts? Advice?
bam02
AG
You can get a pretty nice Nissan Titan 4wd for a good bit under that price with 50k miles. Or get one with fewer miles for $45k.

aggie_wes
AG
Titan pro-4x
Kraft Punk
6.2L F250 if you don't haul trailers often

Think of it as an upgraded f150

The v6 f150s are dog****
HouseDivided06
AG
Titan Platinum Reserve. In a similar boat. I had a 2021 Titan Platinum reserve that I really liked. Interior is awesome and very comfortable to drive. Looked at Sierra's when I sold my 2012 F150 but you can get a newer and lower mile Titan with nicer interior for less. Unfortunately, my Titan got totaled last weekend, so I'm in the process of getting a new one once insurance issues me a check. Did the same thing I did last time and looked at all options: Titan, Sierra, F150, Silverado, Yukon, and Tahoe. Just keep coming back to the Titan. Bang for the buck, it's really hard to beat.
PharmD4
AG
Definitely relate. I switched from F150 to a GX last year, and I've been shocked how often Ive missed not having a bed. I also totally underestimated the amount of storage under the rear seat in a truck.

As far as your question, I see plenty of sub $40k options that meet your criteria. Shouldn't have too much trouble finding something.
Logos Stick
Ford truck transmissions are crap now. Hard shifting garbage. My 2023 was garbage and so is my son's 2021.

I don't really like the way Tundras look, but that's what I would look at.

I know nothing about Chevy or GMC.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.