Hitch on Nissan Rogue

619 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 8 days ago by ComeAndTakeIt
JMac03
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
So I was thinking about having a hitch installed on my Nissan for when we go to Florida this summer to have something like this:

Is it really as easy as this? I will not be "towing" anything, just probably a tent, chairs, maybe icechest on top of the hitch thing above.

(form UHaul)

1. Remove plugs on the underbody
To start the hitch installation process you will need to remove the two plugs located on the vehicle's underbody. Use a flathead screwdriver to remove the push pins to allow the proper room needed for the hitch to be installed.
2. Raise hitch into position
Now that the push pins have been removed you can raise your hitch into place. The side plates of the hitch will need to be lined up on the outside of the vehicle's frame, adjacent to the two attachment points.
3. Install the hardware
With the hitch properly into position, install the provided hardware to secure it to the vehicle's frame. The kit comes with 2 bolts, each using a conical toothed washer.
4. Tighten and torque hitch
Tighten and torque all installed hardware according to the manufacturer's specification using the torque wrench and 19mm socket.
5. Re-install push pins
To finish the installation, you can re-install the push pins removed in step 1.

I was planning on having to have Nissan install it, but if its that simple I would love to do it.
drumboy
AG
Probably but I'd watch a couple YouTube videos of the install.
Dill-Ag13
AG
Yes, straightforward. Be wary of tongue weight!
Redstone
AG
My wife has a Kicks and we've never tried anything like that.
JMac03
AG
Thank you all!

After more consideration I think we will just drive the husbands truck to Panama City. I think the extra gas would end up offsetting whatever we pay to do this and then we don't have to worry about having anything outside the vehicle.
Milwaukees Best Light
AG
We take so much crap I filled up the bed of the truck and still had to buy a hitch basket.
JMac03
AG
Milwaukees Best Light said:

We take so much crap I filled up the bed of the truck and still had to buy a hitch basket.

Well the good news is, his truck has a hitch and a friend has the basket thing, so we can go that route but surely we can make it work lol.
1agswitchin4lanes
AG
Should have asked Mert if he knew how to handle the knob.
ComeAndTakeIt
You will get road grime all over whatever you place on your hitch. Especially if it's raining.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.