****2024 Trail and Ultra Running****
20,598 Views | 431 Replies
coop-aero-06
8:34a, 5/4/24
In reply to AggieOO
When I saw that video pop up on my youtube feed, I had to do a double-take to make sure it was a new one. That's awesome that he's bringing it back.
aggiespartan
6:18a, 5/6/24
Hot take - trail porto potties are better than marathon portp potties
AggieOO
7:13a, 5/6/24
In reply to aggiespartan
Agreed on the port o potties.

Well, I guess this is officially happening now...

aggiespartan
10:08a, 5/6/24
In reply to AggieOO
You've been training as if you were running right?
AggieOO
10:20a, 5/6/24
In reply to aggiespartan
yep. figured worst case its a hell of a training block for Barkley Fall Classic. And I was going to pace/crew Kyle if I didn't get in. Now we'll probably run the majority (if not all) together.
AggieOO
10:45a, 5/6/24
In reply to aggiespartan
Sounds like you have something to do today at noon...
AggieOO
1:12p, 5/6/24
new video up:

aggiespartan
2:05p, 5/6/24
Well I did it. In the words of hbc, "it's your funeral"
AggieOO
2:07p, 5/6/24
In reply to aggiespartan
i'm still undecided. probably b/c i haven't gotten the balls to tell/ask K yet.

timing kind of blows since its before school is out for the summer.
aggiespartan
2:11p, 5/6/24
In reply to AggieOO
Day 1 next year is my birthday.
AggieOO
2:31p, 5/6/24
happy birthday, btw!
aggiespartan
2:54p, 5/6/24
In reply to AggieOO
Thanks! At the airport now to head back to Dallas. I'll have to continue my live coverage watching tomorrow.
AggieOO
8:01p, 5/8/24
crazy that Bronco Billy didn't hold onto the lead. I thought for sure he had it once he made it to his home trails.
aggiespartan
8:25p, 5/8/24
In reply to AggieOO
He looked cooked on those shots after he got passed. I can't believe how smoothly Haroldas was running.
aggiespartan
8:27p, 5/8/24
Arlen should be coming in soon. I thought Versteeg was going to do better.
AggieOO
4:09p, 5/9/24
i was traveling all day, so i missed a lot...but i just saw Aravaipa post that Mika Thewes finished third. Last night all the news was that she had dropped out. Anyone (aggiespartan) did you see/hear what happened?
aggiespartan
4:46p, 5/9/24
In reply to AggieOO
AggieOO said:

i was traveling all day, so i missed a lot...but i just saw Aravaipa post that Mika Thewes finished third. Last night all the news was that she had dropped out. Anyone (aggiespartan) did you see/hear what happened?
Yea, so she last night and thought she might have broken her jaw. Turned in her tracked, but didn't fill out the DNF form and went to get checked out. Came back this morning after she was cleared, picked up her tracker, and continued from where she left the course. Left for about 12 hours and still podiumed.
AggieOO
5:37p, 5/9/24
In reply to aggiespartan
appreciate it.

What a great story of perseverance.
aggiespartan
5:55p, 5/9/24
In reply to AggieOO
Jeff has already made an appearance on a podcast, but I didn't catch the name of it. I saw it on instagram. He said his legs were dead as soon as he started making the ascent up Elden. Mike Mcknight got really bloated and was holding in a lot of liquid. He did a post because everyone was asking why he was walking so much.
AggieOO
10:06p, 5/9/24
haven't listened, but guessing its this

aggiespartan
2:34p, 5/10/24
Mika is on the live stream right now
aggiespartan
2:40p, 5/10/24
She fell due to lack of hydration and nutrition. She fell and hit her chin and punctured the inside of her mouth. She hiked a little bit but then thought she couldn't continue. Went to a hotel and slept and when she woke up nothing was as swollen as she thought it was going to be, so she called and asked if she could continue. She said she slept for 8 or 9 hours. She didn't have any idea where anyone else was and just wanted to avoid the DNF.
aggiespartan
6:02p, 5/10/24
Youngest finisher - 17 (12th overall)
Oldest finisher - 73
aggiespartan
7:23a, 5/11/24
AJW just said that he's registering for the 125 next year.
AggieOO
7:41a, 5/11/24
In reply to aggiespartan
aggiespartan said:

Youngest finisher - 17 (12th overall)
Oldest finisher - 73 x 2

Fify
aggiespartan
7:54a, 5/11/24
In reply to AggieOO
Yea, I made the post before the oldest (by 15 days) guy made it through.

93 people already signed up for next year.
AggieOO
11:26a, 5/11/24
Heading out to spider mountain later for the 6 hour race. Will be an "easy" effort, but 6 hours of hill repeats will not be easy. Mother's day is going to be rough, but I can't complain about being tired.
aggiespartan
11:31a, 5/11/24
I did an easy 5 miles this morning. New training block starts Monday.
coop-aero-06
9:15a, 5/12/24
Nice job on the 6-hour race, OO. That course looks quite annoying to run on. I'd be interested to hear about how it went.

What are you building up for, spartan?
aggiespartan
10:26a, 5/12/24
In reply to coop-aero-06
coop-aero-06 said:

Nice job on the 6-hour race, OO. That course looks quite annoying to run on. I'd be interested to hear about how it went.

What are you building up for, spartan?

Badger 100 in August, but ultimately cocodona in a year. I'm still going to do cycles, but everything in the next year is going to be trying to get me to a solid middle of the pack finish in the 250.
AggieOO
2:26p, 5/12/24
In reply to coop-aero-06
coop-aero-06 said:

Type up more later, we are doing mother's day stuff, as I'm sure you are. The loop was half technical not fun and half runnable fun running. I filmed some of it, so will at a minimum throw some raw footage up.
aggiespartan
7:55a, 5/13/24
so probably the most important question I'll have in the next couple of months - what beer should I bring back from WI?
AggieOO
8:21a, 5/13/24
In reply to aggiespartan
Spotted Cow is pretty much the #1 answer you will get. New Glarus does not distribute outside of WI. They don't really make any bad beers, so I usually bring some of their other stuff back too.

That said, tell me style(s) you like and I can probably give you more options. You'll be there in aug, so the fall beers will have already started rolling out (yes, that sounds weird, but its true).
aggiespartan
8:31a, 5/13/24
In reply to AggieOO
I'll be right by New Glarus so I was considering stopping by the brewery. We drink a little bit of everything in terms of styles.

They have kegs of spotted cow at the race.
A is A
9:13a, 5/13/24
Anyone ran High Hope ranch?

I'm pacing a buddy doing the high hope 100k (more for me getting free miles on a race setting than for him). I threw in a morning 10k race for me.

How are the trails? Good race?
CLOSE
Cancel
Copy Topic Link to Clipboard
Back
Copy
Page 12 of 13
Verify your student status Register
See Membership Benefits >
CLOSE
Night mode
Off