Health & Fitness
Sponsored by

Cutting out sugar

5,073 Views | 39 Replies | Last: 6 hrs ago by bam02
Cynic
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Utopia61 said:

White sugar and white flour are slow acting ;poisons for the body. If fifty percent of the population would cut them out of their diet, the doctors' offices would be practically empty. These substances do not contribute anything positive to your health, but the negatives they bring are huge. Want to lose weight, feel better, stave off cancer, and enjoy life to its fullest? Give up these two items. Add exercise to the mix and your life will be much better.

My goodness you all are crazy.

All things in moderation and stay active.
TikkaShooter
It's easier to demonize food choices and get sucked into nutritional tribalism than to work out 3-5x a week for a lifetime.

Watch TikToks on sugar? Yaaaaaas

Go be active? Nahhh

This is how most Americans think/act.
bam02
AG
I don't remember anybody saying not to work out.

Yes, some posters said " just cut out sugar" and that is obviously a boiled down simplification. It is true, though, that if a lot of Americans cut out sugar, they would be 1 million times more healthy than they are.
TikkaShooter
Agree to disagree.

Those same Americans could keep their sugar but add exercise and be way healthier.

People place too much emphasis on magic fixes in their nutritional intake.

Doesn't matter if you're sedentary and deconditioned. As most folks are.
bam02
AG
I am guessing we don't actually disagree on this, but I think the idea that a realistic amount of exercise that the average American could incorporate into their lives would be enough to overcome the detrimental effects of the amount of sugar and processed junk that the average American consumes.

Yes people are way more sedentary than they were a hunter's ago but they also eat May more of that junk than they did a hundred years ago.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.