Early osteoarthritis
464 Views | 2 Replies
PlanoAg98
2:10p, 4/10/24
Only 47 years old but knee doctor says I have early onset osteoarthritis. I've known this for a while but cortisone and gel injections got me by. I recently tried the PRP injections but that didn't help. I don't have problems walking but running and climbing stairs are giving me problems. Any similar experiences out there?
FTACo88-FDT24dad
3:06p, 4/10/24
58 years old. After 30 years of running (6 marathons), I started having what I thought was a soft tissue issue in my left ankle. Wouldn't get better. Went to the ortho and after an XRAY and an MRI, he said I have mild arthritis in my ankle. No issue walking or using the stairs or a stair-clilmber machine for cardio. Got the injection and will try that for a whle to see if it helps. I can still run 4 miles, but it's a little uncomfortable and I am certainly not anle to keep any sort of pace that I would like to keep.

Sucks, because I love running even though I am slow.

TRD-Ferguson
5:05p, 4/10/24
Closing in on 69 here. Was never a real runner but did train for and ran a couple of marathons in my early 40's. Prior to that no osteoarthritis even though I had been a regular backpacker since my teens.

I think being 40ish and genes was a bigger reason for getting osteoarthritis than running. Or, a combination or poor running form and being 40ish.

One small meniscus tear. Both hips replaced in my early 60's. Knees are almost bone on bone. Injections haven't been helpful. Stairs are no fun. Cycling is easy and no issues. Still walk and hike but multiple day backpacking trips are no longer on the agenda. I wear knee braces for hiking and find those helpful.

I envy those without osteoarthritis!
CLOSE
Cancel
Copy Topic Link to Clipboard
Back
Copy
Page 1 of 1
Verify your student status Register
See Membership Benefits >
CLOSE
Night mode
Off