WW II museum NOLA

1,294 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by p_bubel
Tex Ag 81
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
My first visit, amazing place, six buildings covering all aspects of WWII. Nice mention of Rudders Rangers attack on Pointe du Hoc.

p_bubel
It's an excellent museum.
Belton Ag
AG
Last time I was there the new building was under construction and it was still the D-Day museum. My wife and I are going this June for my 50th and I cannot wait to visit.

How was the Beyond All Boundaries show?
P.H. Dexippus
AG
It's on my list. I only recently made it to the Nimitz Museum and was blown away for the scale and quality.
JABQ04
AG
I hadn't been to Nimitz museum since 2003 and went again in 2021 and holy crap it was amazing
P.H. Dexippus
AG
The outdoor memorial wall alone would take two days to examine completely. You could spend another week with the actual indoor museum. The design and execution makes something like Space Center Houston (space flight museum) look amateurish.
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
Quote:

was still the D-Day museum.
Yeah, that's what it was when I visited back in 2001. Haven't had an opportunity to return since. Need to rectify that.

And first time I visited the Nimitz Museum in 1998, it was great, but holy crap they really expanded that one when I got to go again in 2015.
#FJB
LMCane
JABQ04 said:

I hadn't been to Nimitz museum since 2003 and went again in 2021 and holy crap it was amazing
I haven't been to the Nimitz museum since I was a kid in Texas in the late 1970s or early 1980s

the WWII Museum in NOLA is fantastic

so is the USMC Museum at Quantico, VA.

they just completely renovated the Marine Museum- it looks alot like the NOLA museum now.
p_bubel
LMCane said:

JABQ04 said:

I haven't been to the Nimitz museum since I was a kid in Texas in the late 1970s or early 1980s

the WWII Museum in NOLA is fantastic

so is the USMC Museum at Quantico, VA.

they just completely renovated the Marine Museum- it looks alot like the NOLA museum now.
The Museum of the Pacific is excellent, almost up there with the WWII museum in New Orleans. I would definitely put it on your list to visit.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.