Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Why not go get Urban Meyer?

4,768 Views | 49 Replies | Last: 16 yr ago by the13thAggie
Ol Jock 99
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I would imagine that his buyout would be a little pricey.
EK Gill
/\
|
|
|
|
|

Exactly.

Edit: I was responding to Orlando Ayala Cant Read.

Any coach. Any school. Any time. No reason not to try. The defeatest attitude that's so prolific around here tells me just how far we've fallen under Franchione.

[This message has been edited by EK Gill (edited 11/5/2007 9:09p).]
Marathon
quote:
If Byrne thinks he's the best guy for the job, and Urban wants to listen to his pitch, no reason not to go for it.

EKG, great points. No reason not to try, is there?
AggieVolley
AG
I figure it would take $5 million per year, plus incentives (south division, big 12, national championship, etc.) guaranteed 10 years.
Ol Jock 99
AG
quote:
No reason not to try, is there?

I disagree. Urban is HUGE reach and a very expensive one. Not only that, but chasing that dream might cost us time with actually getting a new coach. In case you have forgotten, we aren't the only big name (and deep pocket) team that will be in the market this year.
Bring n WOOD
AG
quote:
i cant stand this defeatist attitude some of you have regarding our program.

.....Uhhhh have you been alive the last 7 years??????
EK Gill
Why yes, yes I have.

Our soon-to-be former coach is a loser. Texas Aggies aren't. Don't confuse the two.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
quote:
Urban is HUGE reach and a very expensive one. Not only that, but chasing that dream might cost us time with actually getting a new coach.

how much time does a phone call take? its not as if we make a phone call, and then we have to wait weeks or months for a response. dont know if you've heard but cross country communication is no longer done through horseback courier that takes 2 weeks. no offense , but this argument makes no sense.

and what will you do 30 years from now when Urban Meyer writes his bio and has a blurb in there about how his wife hated Gainesville, and for a few days in 2007 used to nag him everyday about moving to another city/college and that she even brought up that unique city the two of them had visited some years ago that was the home of Texas A&M?? and then he goes on to mention, that had A&M bothered to pick up the phone to call him, he probably woulda given it some serious thought??

i'm not saying that would happen....but i am saying again WHATS THE HARM IN PICKING UP THE PHONE TO ASK HIM???

i dont understand some of you. you're either defeatists...or you're lazy.
Ol Jock 99
AG
I'm neither a defeatist or lazy; I'm a realist.
JimmyHomestyles
You guys saying "Why not try to get Urban Meyer?", do you also play the Lottery religiously?

I don't know off the top of my head, but how many coaches have left a school two years after winning the National Championship there?

I'm willing to bet it's the same as the number of wins we'll have through the remainder of the season.........well, excluding our thrashing of Montana in the Pronghorn Bowl.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
quote:
Bring'n WOOD
posted 9:22p, 11/05/07

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
i cant stand this defeatist attitude some of you have regarding our program.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

.....Uhhhh have you been alive the last 7 years??????

my God, what is WRONG with some of you people???

just cause we havent performed on the field for a few years, we shouldnt even think about going after a coach who can win???

i guess you people's phone call lists probably start with the likes of Art Briles.

some of you should be ashamed of yourself with the low self esteem you have for your own school. pathetic.

Dad
AG
Urban Meyer is high up on my "coaches that would be great that we don't have a chance to get" list.

1. Tony Dungy
2. Bill Bellichek(sp?)
3. Urban Meyer
4. Steve Spurrier
5. Jimmy Johnson
6. Bear Bryant (he would be higher but I worry that the game might have passed him by since he died... how would he defend the spread?)
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
quote:
I don't know off the top of my head, but how many coaches have left a school two years after winning the National Championship there?

maybe not a national championship.....but he finished #2......Jackie Sherrill.

NOBODY gave A&M a shot at landing Sherrill, and we did.
Bring n WOOD
AG
Orlando.....

I admire your bravado.....

You would ask out Miss Universe if you saw her at the ring dance.......but c'mon.......

you must be wearing maroon-tinted glasses to think we have a chance at the hottest coach in division Ia football........you're outta touch man.......
Token
AG
stupid frat boy

"An A-Bomb, From A-Rod"
the13thAggie
AG
what has he done anyway??
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.