4:32p, 5/13/24
In reply to ahpetty33
He's posting is very suspect.
World's worst proofreader
5 4
7:35p, 5/13/24
In reply to levypantsEOY
levypantsEOY said:

No offense vander54, but you started the same thread for the '24 class almost a year ago and spent the entire time talking about how everything was A-Okay and the class would end up in the Top 10 (they ended up at 19).

I understand the need to put a positive spin on things- there's enough BAS in the Zoo to kill a collie- but I have learned to temper my hopes and dreams with realistic expectations.
of all of the thousands of analogies available to you, you went with the least appropriate. Odd for a self-described "Aggie".
carl spacklers hat
8:02p, 5/13/24
In reply to ahpetty33
ahpetty33 said:

Does he own somewhere that he is a longhorn who just loves to live his life on another team's message board? Or is he asserting that he is actually the only Aggie fan willing to "tell it like it is"? If that's the case he would do well to sprinkle in a positive post literally anywhere, and not rush to any T.U. related thread. You know, to throw us dumb Aggies off the trail
He's a sip troll. Best to skip his posts, they're typically garbage.
People think I'm an idiot or something, because all I do is cut lawns for a living.
infinity ag
9:54p, 5/13/24
247 says we are No 10. Which is pretty good.
I would like to see us get a 5 star or 2.

Looks like Deion "Prime" Sanders has been exposed. His 2025 class is now ranked No 64 with just 3 commits.
vander54
10:07p, 5/13/24
In reply to infinity ag
infinity ag said:

247 says we are No 10. Which is pretty good.
I would like to see us get a 5 star or 2.

Looks like Deion "Prime" Sanders has been exposed. His 2025 class is now ranked No 64 with just 3 commits.

We may get one that would make a certain "non-rival" really pissed off.
vander54
10:13p, 5/13/24

I think we want him as an edge
StinkyPinky
8:59a, 5/14/24
In reply to ahpetty33
ahpetty33 said:

Does he own somewhere that he is a longhorn who just loves to live his life on another team's message board? Or is he asserting that he is actually the only Aggie fan willing to "tell it like it is"? If that's the case he would do well to sprinkle in a positive post literally anywhere, and not rush to any T.U. related thread. You know, to throw us dumb Aggies off the trail
He's a know and habitual sip troll that has become infatuated with us. And no, not clearly smart enough to offer any type of veil over his intent.
dixichkn
11:03a, 5/14/24
In reply to ahpetty33
ahpetty33 said:

Levysip has been pretending on these boards for over 5 years. And not very well either. If anybody bought it at first, it didn't take long to become obvious. Never understood his obsession with wasting time on an Aggie board. Then again, that's what t shirt sips do.
beerad12man
11:08a, 5/14/24
It's year one versus a coach who went 7-5 in year 6 and was fired. If Fisher had even gone just 9-4, he'd have likely finished top 10.

This class is trending well since the Ags are in good shape for 4-5 five stars (won't land them all, but I could see 2-3) and quite a few more mid 4s.

Unless we completely lay an egg(and even then, it's year one so you can still survive that), this class will easily finish above last years. I won't pretend to know for sure it will be top 10, but I suspect it will.

levypantsEOY
12:50p, 5/14/24
In reply to beerad12man
beerad12man said:

It's year one versus a coach who went 7-5 in year 6 and was fired. If Fisher had even gone just 9-4, he'd have likely finished top 10.

This class is trending well since the Ags are in good shape for 4-5 five stars (won't land them all, but I could see 2-3) and quite a few more mid 4s.

Unless we completely lay an egg(and even then, it's year one so you can still survive that), this class will easily finish above last years. I won't pretend to know for sure it will be top 10, but I suspect it will.

Appreciate your well thought out and rational response.

I personally see Elko as a defensive mind who can sell a track record of success on that side of the ball to these kids coming out of high school. It's still so early in this cycle it's tough to tell whether or not he can build the hype requisite these days for a top 10 class.
Collin Klein is a good fit on the other side of the ball schematically and should be a positive to recruits- he is young, gets instant respect as a former player, and knows the living room sales pitch.

The bottom line is that, despite having little proven previous (top of the line) success as recruiters, the staff has done a strong job (to date) of putting themselves in front of the best players in the state. Winning big games this season is critical to hold on to any/all committed players, as commitments are now effectively fungible until signing day. I hope Vegas is wrong on the projected W/L front, otherwise all this conjecture is just a fart in the wind.
Gilligan
11:41a, 5/16/24
In reply to levypantsEOY
levypantsEOY said:

Collin Klein is a good fit on the other side of the ball schematically and should be a positive to recruits- he is young, gets instant respect as a former player, and knows the living room sales pitch.
The jury is still out, but Collin seems to have an imagination and seems to scheme towards what he has and who he's playing. I hope it plays out into points and wins, but it has to be better than line up and execute perfectly every second of every snap and we can beat anyone.

Just win and the rest doesn't matter...
12:22p, 5/16/24
In reply to levypantsEOY
levypantsEOY said:

beerad12man said:

Appreciate your well thought out and rational response.

I personally see Elko as a defensive mind who can sell a track record of success on that side of the ball to these kids coming out of high school. It's still so early in this cycle it's tough to tell whether or not he can build the hype requisite these days for a top 10 class.

The bottom line is that, despite having little proven previous (top of the line) success as recruiters, the staff has done a strong job (to date) of putting themselves in front of the best players in the state. Winning big games this season is critical to hold on to any/all committed players, as commitments are now effectively fungible until signing day. I hope Vegas is wrong on the projected W/L front, otherwise all this conjecture is just a fart in the wind.

Did Greg wh hack your account?
VatoLocoAggie
12:23p, 5/16/24
Seen him play.
He's not as tall as his listed height which is typical for recruit profiles.

Many if not most SoCal high schools run a very different type of offense unlike most typical Texas high schools.
They will start a 5'9 - 5'11" QB and have him run 1/3 to 1/2 as throw (lots of short passes) and call it a spread.
Big Texas HS tends to go tall and gunsling most of the time with running as final option.

I am very sure he chooses wisely and is wearing an Aggie cap on NSD.

Just sayin ...
12:26p, 5/16/24
In reply to VatoLocoAggie
VatoLocoAggie said:

Seen him play.

Many if not most SoCal high schools run a very different type of offense unlike most typical Texas high schools.
They will start a 5'9 - 5'11" QB and have him run as much as throw and call it a spread.
Big Texas HS tends to go tall and gunsling most of the time with running as final option.

Just sayin ...

NM
P.U.T.U
12:37p, 5/16/24
In reply to VatoLocoAggie
VatoLocoAggie said:

Seen him play.

They will start a 5'9 - 5'11" QB and have him run 1/3 to 1/2 as throw (lots of short passes) and call it a spread.

I am very sure he chooses wisely and is wearing an Aggie cap on NSD.

Just sayin ...
Coaches never measured or weighed us, they just put down what the scouts wanted
CLOSE
Cancel
Copy Topic Link to Clipboard
Back
Copy
Page 3 of 3
Verify your student status Register
See Membership Benefits >
CLOSE
Night mode