Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Jimbo Sighting

18,148 Views | 62 Replies | Last: 11 days ago by Bryanisbest
Buzzkill
How long do you want to ignore this user?
infinity ag said:

hwcdec said:

Surprised he doesn't have a top of the line gym at home….don't think money would be an issue

Working out at home isn't much fun. People buy a lot of equipment and end up not using it. I did not get one for my house either. I pay a lot more at a Lifetime gym. At least people are there, it's more fun to go.

I have a baller home gym exactly so I don't have to be around gym people
SchizoAg
AG
4 said:

Flashdiaz said:

good for him. Don't really care for folks taking pics of him at the gym as he's trying to get healthier.

That being said, he has the money, he should go to a better gym.

Weights are weights.

I loved working out at the old Deware field house. Don't know how all the metrosexual men do it at places with air conditioning and a smoothie bar.
Not really. At Planet Fitness, you physically cannot do the "king of exercises" because they don't have proper squat racks or freeweight barbells. And they have all kinds of stupid rules to avoid triggering people, such as no grunting or other microaggressions.

Anyone serious about weightlifting should avoid Planet Fitness.
Ag_0112358132134
sonnysixkiller said:

Holy crap leave the man alone already.

Somebody inconspicuously took his picture. I think they did leave him alone.
Double Diamond
Jimbo did what all A&M coaches have pretty much done. Maybe it's not the coaching when they continue to do around the same?
12mn95
AG
hwcdec said:

Surprised he doesn't have a top of the line gym at home….don't think money would be an issue
Actually I am not surprised...he went to work where he had access to one of the best gyms in the world. nothing at his house was going to compare to it.

And as far as that place, I am sure he wanted to go where he thought most people wouldn't be taking pictures of him...dude is working out, taking pictures of him is creepy. This pic says more to me about the person who took it than Jimbo
bankshot11
AG
There is nothing wrong with Planet Fitness as a gym for starting out. Go for a year, learn how to work out, go to a different gym with free weights
fulshearAg96
AG
Good for Jimbo.
I doubt he gives two sh*ts what this board thinks.
He is living the dream I'm pretty sure we would all like to be living...
fightinag
I bet he looked at Tru Fit but decided it was a no go because half the workout machines are broken and NEVER get fixed
NEXT YEAR IS HERE.......again
Fanatic15...Drs2B!
He definitely likes being in a "no judgement zone".

And...he probably owns a chain of Planet Fitness gyms...including this one.
mustang1234
20ag07 said:

Quote:

Don't really care for folks taking pics of him at the gym as he's trying to get healthier.
A classier gym would give him more privacy…
build his own gym
Townie in Exile
AG
And what, get a trainer to tell him what to do?
We all know Jimbo has the best workout system, it's just about executing it
King O Frod
Taking pictures of people at the gym to make fun of them
Tex117
AG
Maybe… I guess.

He setting off the lunk alarms?
AG
hwcdec said:

Considering how much money he made his house in College Station isn't that nice.
AG
greg.w.h said:

4 said:

Flashdiaz said:

good for him. Don't really care for folks taking pics of him at the gym as he's trying to get healthier.

Weights are weights.

I loved working out at the old Deware field house. Don't know how all the metrosexual men do it at places with air conditioning and a smoothie bar.
Virtue signaling doing weights in a sauna sounds equally stupid.

You want to know what sounds really stupid?

Contrary to what you clearly believe, everything you post here.
Meximan
TAMUallen said:

EliteZags said:

is that the place that's like $18 a year

They have "The Lunk Alarm is a siren used to enforce our Judgment Free policy. The Lunk Alarm helps maintain a Judgement Free atmosphere by stopping a Lunk in his/her tracks."

Aka if you make too much noise with weights or grunting... the siren goes off

Same place that has commercials with the fat Megan the stallion as a spokesperson
You say fat I say p.h.a.t.

Also rich people are notoriously stingy, that's why they're rich. They're the kind of people who have $50m in the bank and shop at Walmart in the discount aisle. Folks are also forgetting his son has an incredibly expensive illness to treat which is, honestly, where a sizable percentage of his wealth is going towards, because healthcare in this nation is pure donkey sh*t.
20ag07
Quote:

Folks are also forgetting his son has an incredibly expensive illness to treat which is, honestly, where a sizable percentage of his wealth is going towards, because healthcare in this nation is pure donkey sh*t.
There is no evidence that a "sizable percentage" of his $75M is going to his son's healthcare.

You literally just made that up.
AgBlitz
AG
SchizoAg said:

4 said:

Flashdiaz said:

Weights are weights.

Not really. At Planet Fitness, you physically cannot do the "king of exercises" because they don't have proper squat racks or freeweight barbells. And they have all kinds of stupid rules to avoid triggering people, such as no grunting or other microaggressions.

Anyone serious about weightlifting should avoid Planet Fitness.

I have a back up Purple Palace membership for places I've traveled (e.g. Mt Vernon Wash, San Juan, PR, Hamptons to name a few) that don't have locations of the larger national chains (LA Fitness, 24, etc) and it's been a decent back up.

Planet purposely doesn't have proper cages with barbells because their business model is built on selling a lot of lower cost memberships to people who won't use them. Barbell/cage lifters are among the most disciplined, repeat visitors
WC94
AG
aeon-ag
20ag07 said:

At Planet Fitness of all ****ty gyms lololol. Spending that buyout money frugally.

Still rocking maroon Adidas gear.

LEAVE THE MAN ALONE!!!!! He's gone, move on!!! Why do you want to keep the past alive. Everyone couldn't wait to get rid of him, however, you can't let the past stay in the past!!!!
Sip du jour
You all really did a 180 on this guy in a hurry.
Don't get the hate for him
TXAG 05
AG
Meximan said:

TAMUallen said:

EliteZags said:

is that the place that's like $18 a year

They have "The Lunk Alarm is a siren used to enforce our Judgment Free policy. The Lunk Alarm helps maintain a Judgement Free atmosphere by stopping a Lunk in his/her tracks."

Aka if you make too much noise with weights or grunting... the siren goes off

Same place that has commercials with the fat Megan the stallion as a spokesperson

Also rich people are notoriously stingy, that's why they're rich. They're the kind of people who have $50m in the bank and shop at Walmart in the discount aisle. Folks are also forgetting his son has an incredibly expensive illness to treat which is, honestly, where a sizable percentage of his wealth is going towards, because healthcare in this nation is pure donkey sh*t.

Guess that's why people come from all over the world to be treated here.
TAMUallen
AG
Sip du jour said:

You all really did a 180 on this guy in a hurry.
Don't get the hate for him

People paid for success. They didn't get it yet still paid.

Pretty simple
SA-AG72
AG
Jimbo is old news. Move onl.
Bobby Petrin0
alamogeorge said:

Flashdiaz said:

The weights weigh exactly the same.

Planet fitness doesn't have free weights, though..
jeff1971
AG
Meximan said:

Really Meximan??? Your last statement is straight off the progressive democrat party website. This country has the best medical facilities in the world and just because you're asked to pay for it pisses you off?
I wonder if your tone will change when you're suffering a heart attack or being told you have cancer, because more than likely you'll be begging the medical staff to do what it takes to save your life.
phillytex24
If I never have to hear that first name again, I'll be so happy.
Bryanisbest
AG
Coach Elko is a lot fatter than Jimbo but I guess he gets a pass till he loses a game.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.