Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Jacoby

8,710 Views | 36 Replies | Last: 11 days ago by HoustonAg2106
HoustonAg2106
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Officially in the portal now
AgsMnn
AG
This is bad right?
HoustonAg2106
AG
AgsMnn said:

This is bad right?

I don't like it
jt16
AG
My guess is that Elko's recent comments about Anderson being a safety and not a nickel has something to do with Jacoby's spot on the death chart
Tejas Ag 10
AG
Jacoby was never even working out with the team from almost the time that elko got here. I can assure you this is not a surprise to anyone on the team or elko. Surprised it took this long.
A-A Ron
Tejas Ag 10 said:

Jacoby was never even working out with the team from almost the time that elko got here. I can assure you this is not a surprise to anyone on the team or elko. Surprised it took this long.
Especially considering he's not even listed on the roster on the athletics website, while Howard still is, so apparently he quit the team long before today.
Ag_0112358132134
Quitters gonna quit
CrottyKid
AG
Hard work isn't for everyone.
Al Bula
AG
My life is unaffected by this news.
Shoefly!
AG
We will do an EA sports and plug someone else into his slot. I love the portal, it's working against these entitlements.
vander54
S
Not a surprise and not unwanted.
World's worst proofreader
P.U.T.U
AG
Always thought we would spin him down to LB.

Another one from the class that didn't work out
HoustonAg2106
AG
Tejas Ag 10 said:

It took this long because the portal didn't open until today
ironmanag
AG
Another in that 22 class that wanted everything given to them.

jsc8116
AG
Was it ever revealed what player it was that showed up late to one of the first team meetings with Elko and then told to hit the road?:
NyAggie
AG
HoustonAg2106 said:

Tejas Ag 10 said:

It took this long because the portal didn't open until today
yep

this was announced a while back but just became official because the spring portal just opened up
BLSmith04
AG
This was mutual. He never bought in to the new regime, so he was asked to find somewhere else to play ball.
Phatbob
AG
jt16 said:

My guess is that Elko's recent comments about Anderson being a safety and not a nickel has something to do with Jacoby's spot on the death chart
I mean, that would explain quite a lot, really.
PaulsBunions
AG
He announced this in February

https://247sports.com/college/texas-am/article/texas-a-m-aggies-football-safety-jacoby-mathews-plans-to-enter-the-ncaa-transfer-portal-this-spring-227659341/

I don't really care since he won't be transferring within the SEC
cevans_40
AG
Article says we have 90 scholarship players after Mathews leaves so we still have 5 to go?
BLSmith04
AG
cevans_40 said:

Article says we have 90 scholarship players after Mathews leaves so we still have 5 to go?
At least. More if we're planning on adding anyone, which we probably are.
wangus12
AG
Love how this is listed in top headlines on ESPN today
Emilio Fantastico
AG
cevans_40 said:

With as many CBs as we brought in, you would expect one or two (at least) of them to part ways as well.
I think we brought in at least 3 OL from the portal and didn't lose much there so that might be another one or two.
carl spacklers hat
Lots of competition in the defensive backfield with all the transfers. Glass half-full types will see this as an opportunity to improve. Pessimists see this as a knock on A&M.
People think I'm an idiot or something, because all I do is cut lawns for a living.
HoustonAg2106
AG
PaulsBunions said:

https://247sports.com/college/texas-am/article/texas-a-m-aggies-football-safety-jacoby-mathews-plans-to-enter-the-ncaa-transfer-portal-this-spring-227659341/

He's going to end up at LSU
greg.w.h
AG
jt16 said:

Elko has a death chart??? I fear for those athletes that get on it…
AgsMnn
AG
Can they go to another SEC school?
90ags
Also thought he was already gone when he announced and thought he was LSU bound (at least per my LA friends who think he's a stud player...apparently something else as a HS phenom).

What's the status of the Vandy player hybrid S/LB type player....did he decide he's not going to come to A&M also?
______________________________________________________ Play for the name on the front of your jersey, not the back...
Ag_0112358132134
AgsMnn said:

Can they go to another SEC school?

Why couldn't they? There are literally no rules.
BLSmith04
AG
HoustonAg2106 said:

PaulsBunions said:

He can't transfer within the conference during this spring period. At least not without sitting out a year.
VP at Pierce and Pierce
90ags said:

Also thought he was already gone when he announced and thought he was LSU bound (at least per my LA friends who think he's a stud player...apparently something else as a HS phenom).

What's the status of the Vandy player hybrid S/LB type player....did he decide he's not going to come to A&M also?
The Vandy guy I think is graduating this Spring so he will join in June. And I think he likely takes the role that Mathews had.
HoustonAg2106
AG
BLSmith04 said:

HoustonAg2106 said:

PaulsBunions said:

He can't transfer within the conference during this spring period. At least not without sitting out a year.

They won't enforce all of these arbitrary rules with all of the lawsuits going on, he'll simply just file a waiver and I'm sure it will be approved

There is no legal basis to tell a kid where he can or can't go to school
greg.w.h
AG
HoustonAg2106 said:

BLSmith04 said:

HoustonAg2106 said:

PaulsBunions said:

They won't enforce all of these arbitrary rules with all of the lawsuits going on, he'll simply just file a waiver and I'm sure it will be approved

There is no legal basis to tell a kid where he can or can't go to school
Yes there is…enslavement…
Gigem713
I wish the young man good luck.
dixichkn
AG
wangus12 said:

Love how this is listed in top headlines on ESPN today
If it's a perceived negative for A&M, then that's a given
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.