Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Nic Scourton

7,724 Views | 33 Replies | Last: 8 days ago by ironmanag
achooooo
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Does he have 2 or 3 years left of eligibility?
Pedro Infiniti
In the NIL era, this question is kinda irrelevant.
Everyone is on the team from week to week.
They essentially commit from one transfer window to the next. You can feel better about their status once the season starts, but you have some guys (WR1) that completely quit because of "injury" during the season and never put on the uniform again.
Trying to determine how many years they have available is an exercise in futility, good sir.
greg.w.h
AG
You only get them until they are ready to leave. To a certain extent eligibility only matters if they're not NFL-ready.
Hehateme1
OP asked a question about how much eligibility he has left, still not answered
greg.w.h
AG
Here is the answer. Prove me wrong:

"We often see plenty of big-name players enter the transfer portal with just a year left of eligibility, but a team getting Scourton could get two years of eligibility."
greg.w.h
AG
An NPR piece protests the simplicity and clarity of my immediately previous quote but fails to disprove either it or my helpful other comment:

https://www.npr.org/2023/05/19/1173134544/college-football-transfer-portal-ncaa-student-athlete
Hehateme1
You are my least favorite poster excluding F16 fan boys, but it's close

I wish I could pick up a big rock and throw it on you,

please take your pretentious ass out of my replies
ahlongslide
AG
Hehateme1 said:

Username checks out… for Greg
CrottyKid
AG
I got the impression that he is a one and done.
greg.w.h
AG
Hehateme1 said:

Nah. Buy stars and block me.
greg.w.h
AG
greg.w.h said:

Hehateme1 said:

Nah. Buy stars and block me.
And notice I answered your question.
Fanatic15...Drs2B!
Not the greatest thread ever, but I will weigh in.

I would think that since he is FROM BCS that he might enjoy playing at Texas A&M for 2 more years - unless he is so good that he enters the NFL draft after one year.

TAMU74
AG
Well I've read to this point and no one has given a definitive answer.
So I think it's safe to say no one knows which is what I suspected all along.
This is typical of the zoo.
AG
According to espn, at the end of the 2023 season he was a sophomore.

So he would have two years of eligibility left, with 3 years to play them.
greg.w.h
AG
Fanatic15...Drs2B! said:

I would think that since he is FROM BCS that he might enjoy playing at Texas A&M for 2 more years - unless he is so good that he enters the NFL draft after one year.

To a great extent the success of Elko in leading the team will bring recognition to individual players that pushes them into earlier rounds. With of course their own workmanship being under their own control.

I don't think guessing how long he stays is at all a useful activity and trying to define a position of absolute certitude is just the Zoo being the Zoo.
Emilio Fantastico
AG
TAMU74 said:

Well I've read to this point and no one has given a definitive answer.
So I think it's safe to say no one knows which is what I suspected all along.
This is typical of the zoo.
The only definitive answer is he has two years of eligibility left.
The only question is whether or not he goes pro after this year.
If he puts up numbers as good or better than last year, he will be a 1st Round pick.

Class of 65
AG
achooooo said:

Does he have 2 or 3 years left of eligibility?
one
StinkyPinky
AG
He may or may not, depending on years. Hope this helps.
AG
greg.w.h said:

Fanatic15...Drs2B! said:

To a great extent the success of Elko in leading the team will bring recognition to individual players that pushes them into earlier rounds. With of course their own workmanship being under their own control.

I don't think guessing how long he stays is at all a useful activity and trying to define a position of absolute certitude is just the Zoo being the Zoo.

You are such a f'n nerd
iisanaggie
AG
He graduated from Bryan High in May 2022. He played fall 2022 and fall 2023 at Purdue. That means he has 2 years left. Hoping we can have 2 seasons of play as an Aggie!
TxAg76
AG
greg.w.h said:

Fanatic15...Drs2B! said:

It's funny….all these words and witty wordsmithing of responses downstream of an OP that simply asked how many years of eligibility he had left.
Didn't ask how long we'd get to keep him….just asked about his remaining eligibility.

Sometimes, yes, the zoo can be the zoo….as you say.
Other times though, a mouthy ***** can just be a mouthy *****.
Leonard H. Stringfield
All these young men are simply temporary employees at universities. The Brazos Valley NFL developmental Academy is well funded and in a good spot.
SUMAT67
Always good to bring in hometown kids. He has looked very good at the practices I have seen. Excellent pick up.
Indianrider
AG
TxAg76 said:

greg.w.h said:

Fanatic15...Drs2B! said:

It's funny….all these words and witty wordsmithing of responses downstream of an OP that simply asked how many years of eligibility he had left.
Didn't ask how long we'd get to keep him….just asked about his remaining eligibility.

1000 Stars for you
Indianrider
AG
Hehateme1 said:

34 blue stars. So many posters are tired of your BS
standfast
As long as students are fully enrolled and taking classes and earning degrees they should be able to participate in sports. The limitation should be on scholarship years to avoid other students being overlooked. Alot of these kids come from low-income areas and if they can't make it in the NFL but are good enough to play college ball all whilst getting degrees so when they do finally call it quits they are suited for life in the professional world and they can get a good job and end their family's generations of struggle and poverty. It's a win/win IMO. Can anyone explain to me why it's not done this way?
Deus Vult
TxAg76 said:

greg.w.h said:

Fanatic15...Drs2B! said:

You are correct. So many of the zoo posters are what the late great Patches O'Houlihan referred to as doorknob humpers. So, no surprise that they post the responses they do.
P.U.T.U
AG
Because a lot of the players pay the tutors to do the work for them or pay off the people checking to make sure they are in class off, at least that is how it was 20 years ago. Had several friends play on the team and a roommate who used to be one of those that checked attendance. Just thinking of the 6 friends I knew that were on the team 2 have decent careers and the others all have lower wage jobs. That is saying something since 5 of them graduated. The players are given an opportunity to make the most out of their education but most do not in football.

At the end of the day NCAA football has always been a business and the coaches do what they have to do in order to win. Except for schools like Stanford winning is more important than an education.
Divining Rod
Hehateme1 said:

No kidding. the stupid responses that followed, above, are just that. Stupid and irrelevant. Yes, we should never concern ourselve with whether a player has 1 yr or 3 yrs left. That is meaningless (if you're a bozo, i mean).
Divining Rod
Hehateme1 said:

Greg with the stupid winky smile has got to be the biggest "That Guy!" that ever pecked an internet keyboard. He's the guy at the party that everyone rolls their eyes at, and avoids when they see him coming their way....

oh, and in case you need help finding a bigger rock...
carl spacklers hat
Deus Vult said:

TxAg76 said:

greg.w.h said:

Fanatic15...Drs2B! said:

You are correct. So many of the zoo posters are what the late great Patches O'Houlihan referred to as doorknob humpers. So, no surprise that they post the responses they do.
Thank you for this. I learned something new today! LOL
People think I'm an idiot or something, because all I do is cut lawns for a living.
StinkyPinky
AG
Deus Vult said:

TxAg76 said:

greg.w.h said:

Fanatic15...Drs2B! said:

Dodgeball
74AnimalA
AG
Hehateme1 said:

The spring roster lists him as a Jr - Transfer. So he's got 2 years left. At some point in time, the Covid extra has to run out.
ironmanag
AG
He gets double digit sacks in the SEC he will go pro.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.