Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Dear Texas A&M media.

5,687 Views | 30 Replies | Last: 10 days ago by 13B
Hubert J. Farnsworth
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Your questions for Elko were lame and boring as hell today. Nobody cares what he thinks about bonfire or any of the other filler questions you threw at him. People want to hear how players and position groups are doing. That press conference was so boring because all of you can't come up with interesting questions. You only get a handful of spring press conferences and that was what you all came up with? The only interesting question was from Zwerneman when he asked about punt and kick returners.
Hubert J. Farnsworth
Another thing. Quit asking questions where it is obvious that you are trying to get the head coach to say how great the schools traditions are. It comes off as desperate.
harge57
AG
And good God Olin get your questions out.

Maybe write them down or something it's unbearable listening to him trying to get 3 questions out.
GigEmReggie
Sports journalism as an occupation doesn't tend to attract the best and brightest.
Hubert J. Farnsworth
Who is that young guy that regularly asks questions to Schloss in press conferences? He is really good and asks great questions. They need to get him into the football press conferences.
AgDotCom
What's funny are questions about college traditions during the NIL era. As if that remotely matters when "students" are "attending" and being paid by three different schools during the same semester.

Call it for what it is, which is NFL lite with players bouncing around between teams and waivers like it's training camp.

The old college try is gone, and if you think it's not you might want to have your head examined.
13B
harge57 said:

And good God Olin get your questions out.

Maybe write them down or something it's unbeatable listening to him trying to Gerty 3 questions out.
Irony?
v1rotate92
AG
I agree. Cringed watching Elko act like he enjoyed the presser.
Slick
Sponge
AG
It's all done on purpose. Not having to answer real questions makes him look better.
FrankK
AG
Sports journalism as an occupation doesn't tend to attract the best and brightest. anyone with an IQ above room temperature.
Emilio Fantastico
AG
Hubert J. Farnsworth said:

Who is that young guy that regularly asks questions to Schloss in press conferences? He is really good and asks great questions. They need to get him into the football press conferences.
Are you talking about Texags own, Big Shooter?
Hubert J. Farnsworth
Emilio Fantastico said:

Are you talking about Texags own, Big Shooter?

I don't know. Possibly.
bankshot11
AG
GigEmReggie said:

Sports journalism as an occupation doesn't tend to attract the best and brightest.

The issue is that you have to throw all of these softball questions in order to keep your credentials. People get so upset these days when you criticize them, football programs have been known to ban reporters and take away credentials from people who ask tough questions. It surely is no different at A&M.
aTmneal
AG

Nobody cares what he thinks about bonfire
Actually, I think I would care about hearing what he has to say on this matter than the usual coachspeak. No coaches are telling you anything in the spring anyway.
levypantsEOY

Another thing. Quit asking questions where it is obvious that you are trying to get the head coach to say how great the schools traditions are. It comes off as desperate.

This times 1000.
The clumsy, transparent attempts to push the "by gosh aren't our traditions great" narrative come off as nothing more than hokey filler.
Bad look.
bberry72
AG
Now that more and more Aggie teams are putting out a high quality product, it is time to stream all Aggie games that are not otherwise picked up by commercial outlets.
For example: Soccer and Volleyball. This may possibly turn some women's sports into a profit center if enough people see the product quality and build a fan base. I also noted that on a recent recruiting weekend, a number of recruits elected to watch the #1 Aggie baseball team during their visit.

The SECN+ channel needs to step and make their product more available. Right now getting the SECN+ stream is a "Where's Waldo" exercise.
Aggie Class of 2026

I recognize him. It's Hubert Farnsworth. A young, aggressive, reporter trying to make a name for himself
greg.w.h
AG
bberry72 said:

Now that more and more Aggie teams are putting out a high quality product, it is time to stream all Aggie games that are not otherwise picked up by commercial outlets.
For example: Soccer and Volleyball. This may possibly turn some women's sports into a profit center if enough people see the product quality and build a fan base. I also noted that on a recent recruiting weekend, a number of recruits elected to watch the #1 Aggie baseball team during their visit.

The SECN+ channel needs to step and make their product more available. Right now getting the SECN+ stream is a "Where's Waldo" exercise.
Umm…I think the key issue is you can't favorite those sports and the ESPN app isn't designed to recognize your previous watching preferences by school or other fan relationship except via favorite teams.

But search generally works.
Gump 02
AG
levypantsEOY said:

This times 1000.
The clumsy, transparent attempts to push the "by gosh aren't our traditions great" narrative come off as nothing more than hokey filler.
Bad look.

Coming from a sip…

AG
Gump 02 said:

levypantsEOY said:

This times 1000.
Bad look.

Coming from a sip…

The sip is right
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
aTmneal said:

Nobody cares what he thinks about bonfire
Actually, I think I would care about hearing what he has to say on this matter than the usual coachspeak. No coaches are telling you anything in the spring anyway.
Why? He isn't in the top 574,714 people whose opinions on Bonfire I would care about.
94chem
AgDotCom said:

What's funny are questions about college traditions during the NIL era. As if that remotely matters when "students" are "attending" and being paid by three different schools during the same semester.

Call it for what it is, which is NFL lite with players bouncing around between teams and waivers like it's training camp.

The old college try is gone, and if you think it's not you might want to have your head examined.

So coach, how do you feel about this year's free agent signings? Did you overpay on any of the contracts?
94chem,
That, sir, was the greatest post in the history of TexAgs. I salute you. -- Dough
Captain Awesome
These guys are all kiss ups trying to be friends with the coaches. No one wants to ask the hard questions. This is not new though.
Jesus loves tacos!
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
That's not exclusive to Aggie media. It's a major part of the reason I hardly listen to any sports radio anymore; all discussion and analysis being driven by access. And you can easily tell who has access to whom, by whether the hosts absolutely love someone or absolutely hate them. It leads to a lot of silly discussions about personality, attitude, and whatever intangibles are buzzy that day - but little real analysis of gameplay or individual performance.

Maybe college AD's have followed the pro's example of controlling access based on coverage, I honestly don't know, but if that's the case, it certainly isn't unique to Aggieland.
Ag Tag
It's all crappy, all the time.
ftworthag02
AG
y'all really think that a major colleges SID is going to allow a reporter to ask difficult questions like a coaches play calling or why he played or didn't play a certain player? Nope!

"bad decision coach"
Meximan
Honestly, if the presser is boring it probably means things are going well. The more entertaining Jimbo's got the worse the team was doing.

They can't all be Mike Leach.
Hubert J. Farnsworth
ftworthag02 said:

y'all really think that a major colleges SID is going to allow a reporter to ask difficult questions like a coaches play calling or why he played or didn't play a certain player? Nope!

"bad decision coach"

It's not about asking difficult questions right now. Elko is on a clean slate, so there is nothing to be critical of. It's about asking questions about things fans want to hear about at the end of spring practice. Do people really care what the college adjustment period was like for Elko years ago or would they rather hear how the linebackers are looking in the new scheme and who might be pushing for that open spot next to York?
AgDotCom
94chem said:

AgDotCom said:

So coach, how do you feel about this year's free agent signings? Did you overpay on any of the contracts?
Thanks for your questions, I'll answer them.

- I don't feel anything about our free agents, in fact I care so little I don't have any feelings at all. After 32 years, my buddy and I dropped our 4 season tickets to this new era of "college football" two years ago.

- I don't feel we overpaid for any of our contracts because I now charge more than that for my appearance fee to the games.
NewEra2023
AG
**** our tradition. Especially losing.
13B
NewEra2023 said:

**** our tradition. Especially losing.
Username is accurate.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.