Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Colton Thomasson to portal

9,943 Views | 48 Replies | Last: 2 days ago by Aggie0956732
PaulsBunions
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
NoahAg
Who?
P.U.T.U
AG
Told y'all we needed to get rid of some players that were not contributing
Aggie Class of 2026
No hard feelings either way. Elko knows who he needs and this guy knows he's wasting his time here.
dixichkn
AG
Wasn't he supposedly the "ringleader" of the 23 class? Or so we kept hearing

We hardly knew ye……..
GigEmReggie
Lol at acting like hemorrhaging a young 4 star OT is no big deal. We're not exactly chock full of those.
TAM85
Good luck, best wishes and gig 'em!!
Aggie Class of 2026
He was a 4 star on 247, a 3 star on rivals. He saw a little bit of playing time in 2 non conference games last year
Ag_0112358132134
Our hit rate on O line recruits has been abysmal.
TAMU74
AG
Good luck w/ your future Mr. Thomasson.
I have a question...do you think coach Elko brings in players and has a heart to heart that they are not going to be a starter and suggest they move on?
Or the player comes to this conclusion on their own based on observation?
I sure it's probably some of both, but I got to believe the coaches show 'em the door.
GigEmReggie
We're going to have to patch together a portal OL for the next few years at this point. The 2025 class absolutely needs to be a home run and I'm not sure it's going to be.
GigEmReggie
TAMU74 said:

I have a question...do you think coach Elko brings in players and has a heart to heart that they are not going to be a starter and suggest they move on?
I sure it's probably some of both, but I got to believe the coaches show 'em the door.

It would be brain dead to encourage everyone who doesn't start to leave. They tell the player where they stand with playing time. I'd imagine they're trying to talk depth players into staying around more often than they are getting them to leave.
Bill Superman
AG
Ag_0112358132134 said:

Jimbo's hit rate?
Bill Superman
AG
GigEmReggie said:

We're going to have to patch together a portal OL for the next few years at this point. The 2025 class absolutely needs to be a home run and I'm not sure it's going to be.
Have you seen our '25 OL class so far or is this something that sip told you? It's off to a great start.
greg.w.h
AG
Bill Superman said:

Ag_0112358132134 said:

Jimbo's hit rate?
Il not sure whether to guffaw or cry at the true believerism…
Nelson Wilbury
AG
It may not be "showing them the door", but as depth charts develop, some players aren't satisfied with being "depth"...
TX_Aggie37
AG
Considering the timing, I'll wait to see where he lands and if he plays at his next stop before I become outraged.

Good luck to him.
NewEra2023
AG
GigEmReggie said:

Almost too late. I've been saying we need OTs for the longest time and we havent grabbed a single one
NewEra2023
AG
GigEmReggie said:

Lol at acting like hemorrhaging a young 4 star OT is no big deal. We're not exactly chock full of those.

And he was never quick enough to play OT. So we had to move him inside where we already have plenty of IOL
one safe place
Bill Superman said:

GigEmReggie said:

Have you seen our '25 OL class so far or is this something that sip told you? It's off the a great start.
Of course, the first year they will be freshman and not expected to do well against junior and seniors and for some that will be the excuse when they are sophomores (need more time go get some size on them). Wash, rinse, repeat.
AG
Bill Superman said:

Ag_0112358132134 said:

Jimbo's hit rate?

Yep. Same hit rate he had at Florida State.
13B
TAMU74 said:

According to Elko's post M&W Game interview, they are starting the process of exit interviews. I am only assuming that this may be coming from that possibly?
Aggie Class of 2026
4 said:

Bill Superman said:

Ag_0112358132134 said:

Jimbo's hit rate?

Yep. Same hit rate he had at Florida State.

How's SilverbF these days?
Aggie92ss
We needed to get rid of some players. Elko knows who he need
carl spacklers hat
TX_Aggie37 said:

Considering the timing, I'll wait to see where he lands and if he plays at his next stop before I become outraged.

Good luck to him.
Exactly!

Where was he on the depth chart at the end of the season?
People think I'm an idiot or something, because all I do is cut lawns for a living.
Ags77
AG
There are going to a few more cuts as Coach Elko gets the roster where he wants it.
Gigem
redjalapeno-87
As we add more portal players, there will be more exits. Klein needs OL that fit his scheme.
Sterling82
The old addition by subtraction routine. I hope it works out better than when Fran, for example, came in. We'll see this Fall.
Justice Beaver
AG
Kid wastes an entire post talking about how great it is to play football here all to say he's leaving at the very end of it. Good riddance.
NoahAg
TAMU74 said:

I'm guessing this is Elko "fixing the glitch."
1876er
AG
Texags promised me all these guys were superstars. Now Texags says these guys are all scrubs. Was Texags wrong.

I'm sure next time yall will be right.
74AnimalA
AG
Aggie92ss said:

We needed to get rid of some players. Elko knows who he need
Y'all remember when a bunch were praising Coach Prime?????

And he ran off most of the existing roster when he got there.

With all the adds we're over the limit for players. IMO better to let those know where they stand than to string them along and ultimately get disenfranchised.
Cojack
Dude had size as well, like 6'8 325
He is Ass My Dude
Ag_0112358132134 said:

Other than the typical miss rate, I can't be convinced it was missing on recruits.

Fisher simply did not demand excellence. Hell, he didn't even require players show up. He ran things just like the horns did for a while. Grab 5 star talent and then fail to demand they give championship effort. It was a massive waste of EVERYONE'S time.
DSAG
Bill Superman said:

GigEmReggie said:

Have you seen our '25 OL class so far or is this something that sip told you? It's off to a great start.
It's off to a good start but we absolutely need to get 1 of the 3 elites in this class .
Fasusi/Haywood/Rogers .

It appears that our only chance may be with Fasusi ?
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.