Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Evan Stewart on Oregon: "Everything's just better"

17,751 Views | 69 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by VP at Pierce and Pierce
TX_Aggie37
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I mean he's probably right. It's up to Elko, staff, and the current roster to change that.
NyAggie
AG
ironmanag said:

ClearlyJustSomeAg said:

Some of y'all really got your feelings hurt, huh?
Not really I just don't get wishing someone well when they quit on our team and then trash us every chance they get.

I don't wish him ill, but I also don't wish him well.
going forward, there will be a lot less players that fans will feel loyalty to. Probably at least half the guys coming in are likely to transfer out and we will get others that transfer in.

the number of kids that stay their whole college careers here will be a fraction of what it used to be, and those, plus the transfers in that stay, are the ones that we will root for and wish well as they move on with their lives after their A&M playing careers are over.

guys like sewart, nolen etc... will likely not be wished well and in some cases there will be those who hope they fail just to show we didn't lose anything by them transferring.

it's just human nature, and the new way of "college" football is bringing out a bit of frustration, spitefulness and bitterness in a lot of folks.

"you screwed us over so I hope you get screwed over"

can't blame anyone for feeling that way with the way things are in college football now.

BLSmith04
AG
I'm sure Lanning's a better coach and running a better program than Jimbo was. But I'm not sure that makes everything better. Besides, he'll just end up quitting on Oregon too.
fightinag
Who or What is Evan Stewart?
oh......
another Jimbo no show
NEXT YEAR IS HERE.......again
PeekingDuck
AG
I don't know how we'll ever replace his productivity and commitment.
Lake08
The Marksman said:

PaulsBunions said:

I mean, Jimbo was his coach here. Everything probably is better at Oregon. Don't understand the need to hate on guys who have transferred out.

You dog my school, I dog you….
Ag Tag
ironmanag said:

Not really I just don't get wishing someone well when they quit on our team and then trash us every chance they get.

I don't wish him ill, but I also don't wish him well.
You wish him neutral.
tjack16
AG
How dare he transfer from a program where he went 5-7 and 7-6 to one where they are coming off back to back 10 win seasons and put up insane offensive stats
HowdyTexasAggies
AG
tjack16 said:

How dare he transfer from a program where he went 5-7 and 7-6 to one where they are coming off back to back 10 win seasons and put up insane offensive stats

FIFY - "How dare he quit on this team, which contributed to a poor season, then transfer out and act like he wasn't part of the problem."
VP at Pierce and Pierce
Odds are high he has a few good games early in the year against Portland State and Rutgers but gets "injured" around week 6 and just cant seem to get to full strength. He then sits out the bowl to prepare to go in the 6th round of the draft.
Iraq2xVeteran
AG
Dan Lanning is 22-5 (15-3 Pac-12) and led Oregon to a Pac-12 Championship appearance this past season, but I don't think that alone makes everything better. Also, Evan Stewart could end up quitting on Oregon too.
infinity ag
GTFO then.
Funky Winkerbean
AG
The Marksman said:

PaulsBunions said:

I mean, Jimbo was his coach here. Everything probably is better at Oregon. Don't understand the need to hate on guys who have transferred out.
He's hating on us. Two way street.
Aggie Class of 2026
WC94 said:

He's probably talking about the weed.

Oregon > Colorado > California > 1st time grower > Mexican brick

*edit*

So I've been told
TXAGBQ76
AG
It is just better since left. He quit on his high school team and quit on us during the season.
Maroon Flash
AG
I don't think Elko gonna put up with guys "hurt" who walk just fine and are laughing and joking on the sideline while we are getting our ass kicked.

ES was a locker room cancer.
Tejas Ag 10
AG
Who cares!?
OldAggie_2
Should have been able to hold himself accountable by showing up to practice.
SteveA
AG
Without maroon colored glasses, Oregon is a better program. They field better teams. They are pampered by Nike, etc. All we have here is potential. Always potential.
TX_Aggie37
AG
HowdyTexasAggies said:

tjack16 said:

FIFY - "How dare he quit on this team, which contributed to a poor season, then transfer out and act like he wasn't part of the problem."
For what it's worth, we woulda been **** with or without Evan Stewart's contribution.
usmcbrooks
Evan Stewarts time at A&M summed up.

rsf0626
I mean he's probably right. Oregon is a better program than a&m. By a lot right now

We have a ways to go to catch up to them
rsf0626
WC94
AG
SteveA said:

Without maroon colored glasses, Oregon is a better program. They field better teams. They are pampered by Nike, etc. All we have here is potential. Always potential.

Yet they have never won a National Championship and rank behind us in total wins. You have Nike Bias.
1876er
AG
WC94 said:

SteveA said:

Yet they have never won a National Championship and rank behind us in total wins. You have Nike Bias.

Since the turn of the century we have zero conference championship, zeroBCS bowl games, zero CFP appearances. Oregon has 8 conference titles, 4 BCS bowl games, a BCS championship appearance, a CFP win and CFP championship appearance.

Nobody cares about the 40's & 50's. Oregon is in a completely different league than A&M.

We did pay somebody 80 million to go away, so we have that.
StinkyPinky
AG
WC94 said:

SteveA said:

This is wrong on so many levels. Adidas bias?
Reno Hightower
Nike gave us some of the worst looking uniforms and alleged shades of maroon this program has ever had.
stallion6
AG
The Marksman said:

PaulsBunions said:

Where would be the fun in that?
cevans_40
AG
rsf0626 said:

I mean he's probably right. Oregon is a better program than a&m. By a lot right now

They are not "a lot" better than A&M. They are slightly ahead at the moment and historically worse.
Mark Stoops
cevans_40 said:

rsf0626 said:

They are not "a lot" better than A&M. They are slightly ahead at the moment and historically worse.

Good lord guys
allMondjoy
With Stewart its "everything is better until it isn't"
Sip du jour
Reno Hightower said:

Nike gave us some of the worst looking uniforms and alleged shades of maroon this program has ever had.
A lot better than Adidas just making 2 Mississippi St uniforms and putting Texas A&M on one of them. Also Adidas seems to not know that you aren't Tech. Really no need to try and jazz up your traditional unis all the time.
NewEra2023
AG
maybe that's why our helmet maroon is vastly different from our jersey maroon.
The Dog Lord
AG
Sip du jour said:

Reno Hightower said:

A lot better than Adidas just making 2 Mississippi St uniforms and putting Texas A&M on one of them. Also Adidas seems to not know that you aren't Tech. Really no need to try and jazz up your traditional unis all the time.

I mean it seems like A&M gets to decide how jazzy the uniforms are based on the 180 that happened after a coaching change. Seems like Adidas has just been responsive to what type of vibe the coach wants for the program.
Brother Shamus
What do you expect him to say? He's transferring somewhere else so of course he's going to play up the institution he transferred to.
VP at Pierce and Pierce
Sip du jour said:

Reno Hightower said:

Our uniform template has been quite a bit different than Miss State every year we have been in the SEC.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.