Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

This Draft

8,599 Views | 25 Replies | Last: 8 days ago by Hehateme1
Maroon Flash
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Is an indictment of the program Jimbo ran. I remember the days when RC's guys earned a reputation that Texas A&M guys were NFL ready.

I am glad we had the balls to admit a huge mistake and take out the trash.
AG
Jimbo's not getting fired. Not this year. We can't afford it. How would we pay for it?

You Jimbo haters are just gonna have to deal with it. He's our coach for AT LEAST 4 more years.

You people saying he's getting fired this season have no idea what you're talking about.
JohnLA762
AG
This is BS. Everyone knows we won't fire Fran to go all in on Jimbo…

Iraq2xVeteran
AG
Duke had the same number of players drafted as we did. This means Mike Elko did a much better job than Jimbo Fisher did in preparing their players for the NFL. In contrast, Texas had 5 players drafted (2 in the 1st round and 3 in the 2nd round).
W
AG
the sips had more players drafted in the 1st round yesterday...

than Jimbo did in his entire 6-year tenure

let that sink in
TxAg76
AG
W said:

let that sink in

It's not just about 1st rounders, it's about ANY rounders.
And those numbers aren't good either.
Screw the sips. The measuring stick is the schools putting 10+ into the draft, EVERY year, with consistency
Sq 17
W said:

let that sink in
Everybody chuckling about Sark after Dark were to say the least wrong
Logos Stick
It's amazing how bad Jimbo really was and yet most were blind to it.
levypantsEOY
TxAg76 said:

W said:

let that sink in

Screw the sips. The measuring stick is the schools putting 10+ into the draft, EVERY year, with consistency

The fact that Elko can get players to commit over the sips when they are gonna get 10+ players drafted this year is a testament to his ability to sell the program.
I'm honestly not sure how he's even doing it, but suffice to say it's probably going to be a much deeper hole to climb out of than many on here hope/ believe.
And they are absolutely the "measuring stick." Sorry.
Lake08
W said:

let that sink in

I brought this up and was labeled a sip troll.
94chem
Alabama is the measuring stick. To suggest anything different is an insult to Saban.

That said, it was apparent to me from this year's game that if the 2 teams had traded rosters, Bama would have still won (homage to Bum Phillips). Our refusal to make any adjustment to allowing Milroe to throw to the same guy for 300 yards was pathetic, and completely on Jimbo.

As for the draft, I think it's mostly due to Jimbo rubbing guys the wrong way instead of polishing them. Like lots of careers, players don't leave companies; they leave bosses.

94chem,
That, sir, was the greatest post in the history of TexAgs. I salute you. -- Dough
Guy12
W said:

let that sink in

While this is true, they're two years removed from not having a single player selected in the entire draft. Jimbo had at least two every single year.
Unemployed
AG
W said:

let that sink in
All those top 10 classes and only one 1st rounder. Man, Fisher really got everybody fooled.
Off_The_Wood
AG
Draft outcomes seem consistent with the playoffs this year. No shocker, but pretty good showing from some of the (formerly) PAC

83Aggie
AG
Sq 17 said:

W said:

let that sink in
Everybody chuckling about Sark after Dark were to say the least wrong
I'm not a Jimbo apologist, but he did have a total of 24 taken by the NFL in all rounds. No doubt tu drafted well this year.
TxAg76
AG
levypantsEOY said:

TxAg76 said:

W said:

let that sink in

The fact that Elko can get players to commit over the sips when they are gonna get 10+ players drafted this year is a testament to his ability to sell the program.
I'm honestly not sure how he's even doing it, but suffice to say it's probably going to be a much deeper hole to climb out of than many on here hope/ believe.

People continuing to think that t.u. is any sort of measuring stick is one of our biggest problems.

Congrats to sip last year. Nice season. Good squad, translating to good quantity of draft prospects this year.

But the people I'm talking about have been doing that for several years running now….and not just once.

If you're setting your sights to run with the Bama's, UGA's, OhSt's, and even Mich as of late….then dealing with t.u. will take care of itself.

The obsession with t.u. in a vacuum is nonsensical at this point.
**** sip. Aim higher.
Because that's where we're really wanting to go anyway.
NyAggie
AG
Off_The_Wood said:

Draft outcomes seem consistent with the playoffs this year. No shocker, but pretty good showing from some of the (formerly) PAC

Oh look, the 5 teams with the most drafted players were the 4 playoff teams and the one team that got snubbed

Gee, what a coincidence
Bobaloo
Player development is relevant regardless of stars coming out of high school. Very few people are self-motivated to put in 100% effort and every player can learn from coaches and other players.
HowdyGetRowdy409
W said:

let that sink in
Yes, and in Sumlin's tenure we put 1st rounder after 1st rounder in the league... Things happen and sometimes you have better teams over a span of a coach. Jimbo was a failure, we can all agree, especially when it came to developing players and preparing them for the NFL.

Still boggles my mind that combine/pro-day testing numbers were so terrible during his tenure. I get it, part of that is on the players, but still, just a terrible showing.

QB1
AG
Maroon Flash said:

Is an indictment of the program Jimbo ran. I remember the days when RC's guys earned a reputation that Texas A&M guys were NFL ready.

I am glad we had the balls to admit a huge mistake and take out the trash.
Too late.....I'd say the "indictment" was the loss to Ap state
Bill Superman
AG
TxAg76 said:

levypantsEOY said:

TxAg76 said:

W said:

let that sink in

People continuing to think that t.u. is any sort of measuring stick is one of our biggest problems.

Congrats to sip last year. Nice season. Good squad, translating to good quantity of draft prospects this year.

But the people I'm talking about have been doing that for several years running now….and not just once.

If you're setting your sights to run with the Bama's, UGA's, OhSt's, and even Mich as of late….then dealing with t.u. will take care of itself.

**** sip. Aim higher.
The fact the sip couldn't get to the big game with the cakewalk schedule they had and getting to play Washington in the CFP is amazing. They had their chance and blew it.
Sip du jour
Bill Superman said:

TxAg76 said:

levypantsEOY said:

TxAg76 said:

W said:

let that sink in

**** sip. Aim higher.
The fact the sip couldn't get to the big game with the cakewalk schedule they had and getting to play Washington in the CFP is amazing. They had their chance and blew it.

We lost our star running back and were within one play of making the chpuonship and slaughtered the SEC representative on their home field. Pretty awesome season.
levypantsEOY
Bill Superman said:

TxAg76 said:

levypantsEOY said:

TxAg76 said:

W said:

let that sink in

**** sip. Aim higher.

Oof
Tough look, bud.
You would have killed for their season.
Bill Superman
AG
levypantsEOY said:

Bill Superman said:

TxAg76 said:

levypantsEOY said:

TxAg76 said:

W said:

let that sink in

**** sip. Aim higher.

Oof
Tough look, bud.
Tough look my ass. Did you really think sip was never going to have a decent season again? It's like us still bragging about 2020, no one cares anymore.

At least some of y'all can finally say "we" when talking about sip.
Hehateme1
levypantsEOY said:

Bill Superman said:

TxAg76 said:

levypantsEOY said:

TxAg76 said:

W said:

let that sink in

**** sip. Aim higher.

Oof
Tough look, bud.
troll alert lol//// I win.. so easy

teasip teasip don't be blue

tinkerbelle was a fairy too
Hehateme1
Sip du jour said:

Bill Superman said:

TxAg76 said:

levypantsEOY said:

TxAg76 said:

W said:

let that sink in

**** sip. Aim higher.

We lost our star running back and were within one play of making the chpuonship and slaughtered the SEC representative on their home field. Pretty awesome season.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.