FS - Amana Split System Central Air Conditioner

1,435 Views | 10 Replies | Last: 1 day ago by hawk-aggie
hawk-aggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
This complete A/C unit is being offered for sale by The Museum of the American G.I. located in College Station, Texas. The museum is a non-profit 501c(3) entity dedicated to honoring veterans, preserving history, and educating the public. All proceeds from this sale will go towards the completion of the motor pool building currently under construction.

Asking $1,500 $1200

Contact me at mark96ss at hotmail dot com.

16 SEER cooling unit
4 Tons
208/230V, Single phase, split system, household central air conditioner.
No issues; was running well when it was disconnected.
Home was added onto; needed a larger unit.
Was going to be used in new motor pool building, but it's too small.
Clean inside and out.
Come look at it.
No warranty expressed or otherwise - offered by the museum.

hawk-aggie
AG
Bump
hawk-aggie
AG
Reduced to $1200
JP76
Is there a furnace too ? Or is it electric heat or heat pump ?
carl spacklers hat
Information for the uninitiated:

The manufacture year is 2015, per the serial number, and is a 4-ton system. Aluminum tubes, not copper, and takes either R-22 or 410A, which is a bit unusual as R-22 is now phased out of use. Buyer should probably ask for a leak test of the coils prior to purchase and what type of refrigerant the system ran before decommissioning.
People think I'm an idiot or something, because all I do is cut lawns for a living.
Bluto
AG
Uninitiated here:
Is this big enough for a 1600 sq ft, 3/2, 1 story home? And regarding power, is this geared more towards a commercial building? I'm wondering what adjustments would need to be made to residential power for a home built in 1978.

Thanks for the information already provided.
hawk-aggie
AG
Bluto said:

Uninitiated here:
Is this big enough for a 1600 sq ft, 3/2, 1 story home? And regarding power, is this geared more towards a commercial building? I'm wondering what adjustments would need to be made to residential power for a home built in 1978.

According to the info we got with the unit, it was working perfectly when it was removed from service. It was only replaced because the home was added on to. It is a residential unit. There are experts reading these threads who would know better than me, but I believe this unit would be more than adequate for a 1600 sq ft home. According to the sticker shown in one photo, this is the cooling system only. I'll have to check to see if there's a heating section in the stack.
hawk-aggie
AG
JP76 said:

I'll need to check for a heating section.
ukbb2003
hawk-aggie said:

JP76 said:

I'll need to check for a heating section.

The coil is sitting on top on the condenser and the furnace is on the left in the first picture.
ukbb2003
hawk-aggie said:

Bluto said:

Uninitiated here:

According to the info we got with the unit, it was working perfectly when it was removed from service. It was only replaced because the home was added on to. It is a residential unit. There are experts reading these threads who would know better than me, but I believe this unit would be more than adequate for a 1600 sq ft home. According to the sticker shown in one photo, this is the cooling system only. I'll have to check to see if there's a heating section in the stack.

You would need to have a load calculation done. 4 tons would typically be too big for 1600 sq. feet unless you have a lot of single pane glass and little insulation.
hawk-aggie
AG
If you are interested, come look at it and make a deal.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.