***Young Americans Soccer thread***
82,436 Views | 730 Replies
Ag by Vows
7:15p, 7/7/19
I don't know that anyone should expect Pulisic to be a total world beater. I think it's fair to think that he could hit elite levels where he is like Christian Ericksen, which would be way better than anyone we've had.

On another note, I watched Pomykal this week and really liked what I saw.
OregonAggie
9:13p, 7/7/19
In reply to Rudyjax
I do play a ton of FIFA 19...I could probably manage the national team at least
fig96
10:31p, 7/7/19
In reply to OregonAggie
After tonight that seems like a reasonable argument.

So moving forward, who do we really want to see at least getting some quality minutes in friendlies/early qualifying?

I'd like to see Adams, Cannon, Boyd, Weah, and Sargent get more of a chance in upcoming matches.
Ag by Vows
11:28p, 7/7/19
In reply to fig96
fig96 said:

So moving forward, who do we really want to see at least getting some quality minutes in friendlies/early qualifying?

I'd like to see Adams, Cannon, Boyd, Weah, and Sargent get more of a chance in upcoming matches.
I'd like to see all of the above, plus Soto and Pomykal getting some call-ups and minutes.

ChipFTAC01
9:12a, 7/8/19
What's the verdict on CCV?

Also, as I was browsing the USMNT wiki this morning I saw that Klinsmann signed with St Gallen in the Swiss league. Does he figure into the future at all?
Hickory High
9:21a, 7/8/19
In reply to ChipFTAC01
Pretty sure Steffen is our GK for the future.
oh no
10:09a, 7/8/19
Steffen, Horvath - there are a lot of good young keepers in the pool now and more coming up. Berhalter seems to like Sean Johnson as well (29 or 30 yrs old) so we'll still see him called up for a while.
Pahdz
1:23p, 7/10/19
Does Gianluca Busio figure in anywhere for us? I've been impressed watching him at SKC a few times
OregonAggie
2:48p, 7/10/19
In reply to fig96
fig96 said:

I want to see the players that are breaking through at their clubs be rewarded for that. Kruse left Werder so Sargent should get more minutes/starts this year.

Weah also needs to play more and be developed. I honestly haven't been that impressed with him so far. He's talented and athletic, so he will get himself into the fold, but he needs to be playing at the club level.

Adams/Boyd/Cannon - I 100% agree with them.

Duane Holmes is an interesting player and I'll be following him this year.

Guys like Gloster, Soto, Ledezma from the U20s may factor in but again...they need to break through at the club level.
OregonAggie
3:02p, 7/10/19
Seems like Josh was motivated to get stuck in at Werder this summer. Coach is impressed.

https://www.bundesliga.com/en/bundesliga/news/josh-sargent-in-fantastic-shape-werder-bremen-coach-florian-kohfeldt-usa-5512
fig96
3:22p, 7/10/19
In reply to OregonAggie
OregonAggie said:

Seems like Josh was motivated to get stuck in at Werder this summer. Coach is impressed.

https://www.bundesliga.com/en/bundesliga/news/josh-sargent-in-fantastic-shape-werder-bremen-coach-florian-kohfeldt-usa-5512
This is definitely positive news.
fig96
3:27p, 7/10/19
In reply to OregonAggie
On board with all that.

There's also a few young guys I'd love to see more of like Reyna, but we'll need to see what happens as he and others transition to the pro ranks.
Rudyjax
12:18a, 7/14/19
Rudyjax
12:19a, 7/14/19
Rudyjax
12:39a, 7/14/19
https://www.fcdallas.com/post/2019/07/09/fifteen-year-old-jonathan-gomez-thrives-north-texas-sc-represents-future-fc-dallas?utm_source=social_share&utm_medium=share_button&utm_campaign=social_share_button

Quote:

Gomez stole the show in that game and was rightfully named to the USL League One's Team of the Week following North Texas' win, his first of such achievements in his fledgling career.
"For right now, I just want to keep starting (for NTSC) and assisting and most importantly getting the win. Win first and then everything else is after," Gomez said.
The 15-year-old Gomez was the youngest player on the field that day against Lansing. He's been North Texas SC's youngest player its fielded to date.
"I think it's the same mindset, you just have to go out there and play," Gomez said on playing against grown men at such a young age. "It feels good to know that I can compete at that level and play well too.
fig96
1:34a, 7/14/19
Man we could've used someone like Sargent in the final.

And posted this on the other USMNT thread but it probably belongs here...Gio can ball.

Rudyjax
5:42p, 7/14/19

Whoever is running FC Dallas needs to take over for USSF.

The talent they're developing is sick.
PatAg
7:17p, 7/14/19
He's now their current head coach
Rudyjax
10:48p, 7/14/19
Rudyjax
10:49p, 7/14/19
In reply to PatAg
What they have been doing needs to done in all the MLS teams.
PatAg
2:01a, 7/16/19
He's also an American, and played collegiate ball at SMU. So no real reason for the US fed bureaucrats to object
Rudyjax
10:37p, 7/16/19
captainsubtext
10:36a, 7/17/19
In Development Academy news, Dallas club Solar won the boys and girls U17 championships with the same DA coach. Know the coach well as he coached my kid at DA and am happy for him. Credit goes to the players and the coaches who largely developed these players in their younger years.

Interesting to me is that the Solar boys goalie was golden gloves winner and is also a standout wide receiver at a small private school. He has great hands in catching ball and good distribution with throws, but his skills are behind on kicks. Good athlete that can throw the ball half the field and the final went to PKs where he stopped two.

On the boys side, Solar beat FCD and LAG in quarters and semis. FCD had a few stud eligible players not available as they were playing at U19 or their new USL team. A great accomplishment for Solar and glad to see that a non-MLS team is competitive and pushing MLS DA teams.

The girls side has several players who are just flat out studs and I think two of them committed to Texas in 8th grade. The story said they played at U19 last season and that team made it to finals.
oh no
11:01a, 7/17/19
In reply to captainsubtext
my son plays DA for a Houston area club and Solar DA kicks his team's ass handily every time.
OregonAggie
11:18a, 7/17/19
In reply to captainsubtext
Who's the coach? That's a hell of an accomplishment right there.
Rudyjax
10:22p, 7/17/19

Rudyjax
10:26p, 7/17/19
Rudyjax
10:49p, 7/17/19
Rudyjax
11:12p, 7/17/19
Knucklesammich
12:49a, 7/18/19
In reply to Rudyjax
Hopefully he gets in vs Liverpool on Friday since Ill be there.
Rudyjax
12:46p, 7/18/19
Rudyjax
5:30p, 7/19/19
texagbeliever
6:26p, 7/19/19
Don't know how legit it was, but espn said some unnamed premier club tried to buy Long from NYRB who said they weren't interested in selling Long. Sorry but MLS needs to not play hardball with American talent!!
oh no
6:50p, 7/19/19
In reply to texagbeliever
NYRB have their own interests; not US soccer. If a prem club wants Aaron Long badly enough, they'll find NY's price. It would be good for his development if he can get across the pond though.
jeffk
7:45a, 7/20/19
Reyna had an assist in their game versus LFC last night.
CLOSE
Cancel
Copy Topic Link to Clipboard
Back
Copy
Page 2 of 21
Verify your student status Register
See Membership Benefits >
CLOSE
Night mode
Off
Auto-detect device settings