***Young Americans Soccer thread***
82,459 Views | 730 Replies
Rudyjax
9:42a, 7/20/19
In reply to jeffk
jeffk
10:39a, 7/20/19
In reply to Rudyjax
It was a fun game. Watching Reyna play with a big club and seeing Brewster year it up in the second half was cool. Also, pitch issues aside, seeing Touchdown Jesus host a soccer was neat.
PatAg
11:24a, 7/20/19
In reply to oh no
oh no said:

NYRB have their own interests; not US soccer. If a prem club wants Aaron Long badly enough, they'll find NY's price. It would be good for his development if he can get across the pond though.

It would not be a good thing for MLS to develop a rep for asking too much for their players.
PatAg
1:30p, 7/20/19

The touch and finish on a poor ball in stand out immediately, but he just reads the play before it happens.
As the ball gets passed back, he turns on a dime and makes his run and as a result would have been in free on the keep with a decent pass.
Having watched him for a year and a half or so, that's the thing that always stands out to me when I watch him play, and it's the kind of thing I see from the majority of our younger players.
Rudyjax
2:53p, 7/20/19
In reply to PatAg
That was really nice.

Pretty sure Zardes makes that play every day.
oh no
4:14p, 7/20/19
Rudyjax
7:07p, 7/20/19
heddleston
9:10a, 7/21/19
In reply to PatAg
There are times when MLS clubs overvalue their talent; this was not one of those times.
https://www.prosoccerusa.com/mls/new-york-red-bulls/aaron-long-epl-offer-turned-down-by-new-york-red-bulls-was-less-than-3m/
Rudyjax
12:10p, 7/21/19

Love seeing this.

Also hoping that Josh knows that every year for the next 15 years you should be in the form of your life preseason.

PatAg
2:54p, 7/21/19
In reply to heddleston
heddleston said:

There are times when MLS clubs overvalue their talent; this was not one of those times.
https://www.prosoccerusa.com/mls/new-york-red-bulls/aaron-long-epl-offer-turned-down-by-new-york-red-bulls-was-less-than-3m/
good to hear, I was reading some article that speculated they turned down 5 mil.
Rudyjax
3:25p, 7/21/19
Rudyjax
7:17p, 7/21/19
OregonAggie
9:40a, 7/22/19
In reply to Rudyjax
I Am Mine said:

He needs to make the jump so hopefully West Ham puts up the funds. He looked really good during the GC. Athletic and had really good distribution. I hope we get a chance to see Brooks and him play together soon.
Rudyjax
12:36p, 7/22/19
COOL LASER FALCON
1:03p, 7/22/19
Rudyjax
1:06p, 7/22/19
In reply to COOL LASER FALCON
I was going to post that one but that tweet disapeared from my page.
Rudyjax
1:07p, 7/22/19
He has a huge leg.
OregonAggie
1:45p, 7/22/19
Holy **** that takes some skill and also some balls!
Rudyjax
2:01p, 7/22/19
fig96
2:08p, 7/22/19
In reply to Rudyjax
I Am Mine said:

An American attacking left back? Yes please.
akm91
3:11p, 7/22/19
In reply to fig96
We've had attacking left backs before but never one that you could rely on defensively, post DMB.
"And liberals, being liberals, will double down on failure." - dedgod
akm91
9:48a, 7/23/19
Not a young American but Miyazga gets a season loan out to Reading FC.
Rudyjax
9:22p, 7/23/19
oh no
11:18p, 7/23/19
In reply to Rudyjax
Wtf ever happened to Aron Johansson? That was a once a young dude who showed some serious potential at one point. Klinnsman didn't like him and his time passed? Injuries?
TXAggie2011
11:23p, 7/23/19
In reply to oh no
oh no said:

Wtf ever happened to Aron Johansson? That was a once a young dude who showed some serious potential at one point. Klinnsman didn't like him and his time passed? Injuries?
He had some pretty bad injury luck, seemed like he could never stay healthy. Couldn't develop enough to break through and get any time when he was healthy.

He's up in Sweden trying to get his career back together.
Rudyjax
9:20a, 7/24/19
In reply to TXAggie2011
TXAggie2011 said:

oh no said:

He had some pretty bad injury luck, seemed like he could never stay healthy. Couldn't develop enough to break through and get any time when he was healthy.

He's up in Sweden trying to get his career back together.

Yeah. He was with Sargent last year at Werder Bremen but never was healthy.

You can have all the talent in the world but if you can't stay on the pitch....
akm91
10:24a, 7/24/19
In reply to Rudyjax
Yep, about 3 years of health issues, serious hip issue and other nagging injuries, really killed his career.

Rudyjax
11:09p, 7/24/19
oh no
7:06p, 7/25/19
oh no
8:48p, 7/25/19
oh no
8:50p, 7/25/19
oh no
3:43p, 7/26/19
Rudyjax
4:15p, 7/26/19
In reply to oh no
Berholter: Attacking midfielder? No. Right back.
ThunderCougarFalconBird
4:42p, 7/26/19
In reply to oh no
oh no said:

And we rip on the premium board for obsessing about what 17-18 year olds will do with their sporting commitments.
Rudyjax
6:29p, 7/26/19
In reply to ThunderCougarFalconBird
blindey said:

oh no said:

And we rip on the premium board for obsessing about what 17-18 year olds will do with their sporting commitments.

I think the difference is we don't get mad if they sign with Man U versus Man c.
CLOSE
Cancel
Copy Topic Link to Clipboard
Back
Copy
Page 3 of 21
Verify your student status Register
See Membership Benefits >
CLOSE
Night mode
Off
Auto-detect device settings